not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    ok, just thought i'd share pics from when i started my journey until now. i see a dramatic difference in the first couple months, but then the holidays came alone and screwed me all up! lol... do you see much difference from November until now? hopefully, i'll have new pics to add in another month or so showing a big difference.... almost there!!!

success.jpg
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    your pics from now your stomach looks flat in the side view! good work. I saw some pics of my mid-section 5 lbs ago and it looks the same to me, all I've lost is boobs, I am pretty sure...
  • briteyes
    Options
    your pics from now your stomach looks flat in the side view! good work. I saw some pics of my mid-section 5 lbs ago and it looks the same to me, all I've lost is boobs, I am pretty sure...

thanks, i'm pretty sure my boobs are suffering too... between breastfeeding 2 kids and now losing weight, my boobs just aren't what they once were.... oh well!
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    wow that's awesome work! 11 lbs can make such a difference :smile:
    I hope I see as much of a difference when I hit 11 lbs!
    thanks for posting
  • Keekaj520
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 34, 150lbs and 5'7. I've been stuck for months and my weight won't budge. I'd like to lose inches and tone up, maybe that will help!
  • Keekaj520
    Options
    How did you do it?? I've tried everything, higher calories, lower calories, work out every day etc..
  • briteyes
    Options
    How did you do it?? I've tried everything, higher calories, lower calories, work out every day etc..

I've been doing Intermittent fasting and that really seems to be helping. Right now I'm doing the fasting plus a slow carb diet. We'll see how ti goes, but I've already lost 5 lbs this week (holiday + time-of-the-month lbs). Next week's weigh in will be a true testament to how well this diet plan is working. If it works, then I will post more about it.

What kind of workouts do you do? I have found that resistance training is really helpful - Jillian Michael's has helped me a ton - especially her 30 Day Shred workout video.

You may also need to try to alter your calories from day to day, more one day, less the next day... but still equaling the total cals you need each week.
  • almiddle
    almiddle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in! 5'7 and 148lbs. Goal weight is around 138. I got there last year due to stress and subsequent loss of appetite so needless to say it all came back once I started eating again. Counting calories helps keep me conscious of what I put in my mouth which is good... I have a great support group, made of my sisters, mom, and friends.. were planning to run a 5k in February. Hoping to lose my 10lbs in time for it.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Hello again my light ladies.

I will admit I'm tired of seeing other MFP'ers burning 800 cals an hour, it's so defeating visually that its hard to remember they are overweight unlike us with vanity lbs to loose and slowly climbing down towards lower but always healthy BMI numbers.

So.... I wanted to do my own survey.

Personally at 5'8, 138 lbs I burn 460 cals as per my HRM during 55 minutes on the elliptical (5 of those minutes are cool-down) and 530 according to the machine (700 according to an older obviously less accurate machine) and MFP says 528. This is keeping my HR at a consistent 154-155 so 80% of my max and yes, my HRM is a little low cause its a Mio wrist version, not as accurate as more expensive chest strap versions. For 30 day shred its a measly 150 cals, 220 as per MFP.

How many cals do you burn?
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    ok, just thought i'd share pics from when i started my journey until now. i see a dramatic difference in the first couple months, but then the holidays came alone and screwed me all up! lol... do you see much difference from November until now? hopefully, i'll have new pics to add in another month or so showing a big difference.... almost there!!!

success.jpg

Wow I am at 130 and right now my GW is 120! I can't wait until I can get there! Congrats..you can definitely see a difference :smile:
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options

I will admit I'm tired of seeing other MFP'ers burning 800 cals an hour, it's so defeating visually that its hard to remember they are overweight unlike us with vanity lbs to loose and slowly climbing down towards lower but always healthy BMI numbers.

Personally at 5'8, 138 lbs I burn 460 cals as per my HRM during 55 minutes on the elliptical (5 of those minutes are cool-down) and 530 according to the machine (700 according to an older obviously less accurate machine) and MFP says 528. This is keeping my HR at a consistent 154-155 so 80% of my max and yes, my HRM is a little low cause its a Mio wrist version, not as accurate as more expensive chest strap versions. For 30 day shred its a measly 150 cals, 220 as per MFP.

My cals burned are similar to yours, although I don't have exact numbers right now. I have turned my focus more to weight lifting so that I have more muscle to burn more cals throughout the day. I was getting nowhere with cardio.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My parents saw me for the first time since I started mfp, just over 2 weeks ago, and I think my mum was very worried at the weight I've lost. I've only gone from 59kg to 56 ish, but as I lose it in my face first my mum really noticed. My weight is still going down, but I will stop soon, mainly so as not to scare my mum!

I was thinking of why weight loss gets less support the smaller you are, and I suspect it's mainly fear of anorexia. That's what I love about using mfp though: I can show my parents that I HAVE been eating!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

My calorie burn is even more measly. I just got a HRM with a chest-strap but it doesn't measure cals. The treadmill can read it though and if I enter my age and weight the treadmill seems to agree pretty closely with MFP. Only about 168 for 30 DS and 150 for jogging at 5.2 mph for 20 minutes. The treadmill said I burned 150 for my interval sprints (alternating running for one minute and walking for 2, for 20 minutes) but supposedly they are better because of the after-burn or something...