not-that-heavy girls trying to lose weight

Options

Replies

• lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in this category...I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 138-140lbs (depending on the day) and I've just now thrown myself back into the workout/calorie counting routine. I got a little too cocky once I hit maintenance mode and just slacked on the exercise and ate whatever I wanted, and I gained back almost 10 pounds! Eeek!

I definitely know how you all feel, everyone is always telling me I look great and yada yada, but I WAS comfortably wearing size small tops, and now I'm comfortable mostly in mediums, so I'm ready to jump back on the wagon. I've started playing "Just Dance 2" for the Wii and find it burns a LOT of calories, so that has replaced a good portion of my cardio work at the gym, and I also attend aerobics and Zumba classes at my local gym to get myself out of the house. I'm about to start on the strength training, can anyone recommend some really excellent moves to tone the upper body? My arms are getting better, but I've got that back bulge and UGH!
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    I'm adding a bunch of you as friends! Let's keep each other motivated! :)
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tonight at Midnight starts a month of one of the best workouts I do every spring. Winter Carnival! My school builds snow statues for a month, and I'm talking like 2 story high! Shoveling snow, hauling buckets, stomping slush to create blocks. Such a good workout!
  • Foreverxxi
    Options
    I am very happy to see this post(: I'm 5'3 121 and I just want to lose 10 pounds.
  • livingthegoodlife
    livingthegoodlife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also fit in this category. 5'4 currently 133. Would like to get to the 120-125 range. I'm just recently really getting started, hope I can stay motivated! My family (on mothers side) are all very large - I am no where near skin and bones, but my family seems to always think I need fattening up... very frustrating.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever started this thread! I am 5'11 and 170 right now. Trying to get back to about 155. I just finished almost 2 months of radiation for breast cancer treatment in October and while going through treatment was too tired to exercise and had to eat LOTS of protein and calories to help repair all my cells that were being destroyed. At that time it was more important to me to rest and heal than worry about dieting or exercising. So now I am here to get rid of that 15 pounds and get back to where I was!
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    HI ALL! :) also glad to see this thread. 5'5 150, wanna be about 140-145 and just a little more cut and toned!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever started this thread! I am 5'11 and 170 right now. Trying to get back to about 155. I just finished almost 2 months of radiation for breast cancer treatment in October and while going through treatment was too tired to exercise and had to eat LOTS of protein and calories to help repair all my cells that were being destroyed. At that time it was more important to me to rest and heal than worry about dieting or exercising. So now I am here to get rid of that 15 pounds and get back to where I was!
    wow, I hope you are well now and losing 15 lbs should be easy compared to battling cancer!
  • anjacope
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've had the MFP app for my iPhone since mid-December but this is my first time on the message boards. I'm 5'2" and when I step on the scale it reads anywhere from 104 to 112 (today arount 7pm est it was 109), depending on the time of day or month. I know that some are going to say that it's on the low end of my BMI range but I've been in this weight range since late-2008 and a few months ago, I went into this thing called a bod pod, that gives you an analysis of your body composition and my body fat percentage wasn't even remotely close to what you'd expect it to be for someone at my weight. I've always been very busty for my size, so I did take that into consideration but I also know that I need to reduce my body fat; the number on the scale may be "low" but it's fluff, not muscle.
  • maryrountree1
    Options
    I'm in too...I'm 5'3" and currently at 120. I want to get back to 112-114 I used to be when I trained for triathlons/marathons. This was just last year. My friends all roll their eyes when I say I want to lose a few pounds but that is where I am comfortable. Also, my clothes are soooo tight now. I want them to fit again.

Thanks for posting.

Mary
  • jeansgirl
    jeansgirl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way past girlhood, but want to get to 140!

3525162.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am jumping right in! I am 5'2", 120 lbs. and would like to be around 115 mark. I know that 5 lbs. isn't much to lose but w/my schedule, my husband's opposite schedule, our 2 kids (and their ballet, swimming, and gymnastics schedules) I feel like I can never get in enough of the good, like excercise and eating right.

I am a runner (well, was a runner until August 2010). I ran my 1st half marathon in August and since then I have fallen off the wagon. I am blaming it on the kids going back to school and me babysitting a friend's infant, along w/the other normal culprits...the holidays!!

Anyway, I am going to make this year my year of a bikini and am glad I have others to help keep me motivated :) My goal is to get to the gym (or the Xbox Kinect) 5 days a week, eat a lower calorie food plan, and get back to running. I am running a 10K on April 2nd and want to run it in less than 60 minutes (last year was 74 minutes).
  • eclairuk
    eclairuk Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies.

Hope everyone is meeting their weight loss and exercise goals so far.
    I decided I probably should set some goals so -

1) Lose 10lbs by 31st January.
    2) 24 hours of Exercise by then end of January.

Lost 4lbs today and have done 7 hours of exercise so far this month.

Good luck this week everyone.

:heart:
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Tonight at Midnight starts a month of one of the best workouts I do every spring. Winter Carnival! My school builds snow statues for a month, and I'm talking like 2 story high! Shoveling snow, hauling buckets, stomping slush to create blocks. Such a good workout!

That sounds fun!! I love building things in the snow!!
  • srsimon
    srsimon Posts: 60 Member
    Options

It depends on the day. Midnight last night was fun. It'll get worse as the month goes on and it's effin' cold and there's not much movement stuff left, more like sitting on your butt putting slush into a shape.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

It depends on the day. Midnight last night was fun. It'll get worse as the month goes on and it's effin' cold and there's not much movement stuff left, more like sitting on your butt putting slush into a shape.
    Ok, well, take some pics anyway, I want to see the snow statues!
    My weigh in was ok this morning, 111. I wanted to be at goal (110) because I had worked out every day last week and had the food delivery service but I know that I really went off the rails on the weekend I was in a really bad mood and I was drinking and then I had a slice of pizza, which would have been fine, but then I stopped at McDonald's on my way home. I haven't done that in a long time.
    Anyway, I am going to keep working out this week, alternating interval sprints with strength training or pilates.
    I heard about Netflix on another post and you can put workout dvd's in your instant queue so I got a Self workout "bikini ready" or something like that. Will let you all know how it is...
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am a newbie! I like this post so I am just going to jump in. I am 5'1" (with my shoes on lol) and I want to lose 10 lbs to get to 135 lbs. I want to keep my curves but tone them up a bit. I have a tummy that doesn't look good at all. (3 children) I would appreciate the support.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i have been struggling to get back on the diet bandwagon... last week was so-so. i started off the week with a really nice workout and i've been eating a lot more fruits and veggies, but i have not been disciplined enough, and to top it off, AF paid a visit - she always screws me up.

Anyways, today is Monday and there's something about Mondays that always give me a renewed focus on all the things I need to be doing in my life.

So as of today, I"m back on my diet. I finally think I know what I'm going to do. Well, the point is to eat right and to find a way to do that that works best for you, so I'm going to try out the Slow Carb (see Tim Ferris) way of life paired with Eat-Stop-Eat twice a week, and aim to workout 3 - 4 times a week. As I said before, counting calories just doesn't work for me. So I'm hoping this new diet works out well for me. Yes, I do have to be disciplined, but on this diet, I get 1 day a week to splurge, so I think that will help this to work. I don't have to say goodbye to my favorite non-slow carb foods... I just say, see you on Saturday :D

I'm thinking of journaling for the next 30 days on my blog about this as a way to keep myself motivated - maybe if i get some followers I'll really start to feel the pressure.

Goal - 110 by my son's 7th bday (March 27th!) so about 15 lbs to lose.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    hello ladies!
    I just tried hummus for the first time. I didnt think I'd like but I found this roasted red pepper one from safeway (30 cals for 2 tbsp) and YUM!!! pretty tasty. I put it on 2 pieces of wasa light rye crackers.
    just wondering what everyone else eats their hummus with??
  • krisney
    krisney Posts: 56
    Options
    Hello! I am in the same boat; 5'4" weight is 158 (I've lost 80 lbs so far) wearing a size 29 and sometimes a 28 (I believe that could also be construed as size 8's and 6's). People always say it 'doesn't look like I weigh 158' :)

I workout with a trainer, and we have peeled off a lot of fat/added a lot of muscle. He thinks I would look great at a goal of 145 lbs. These last 14 lbs are very stubborn!

Thanks, Kristina