Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the weirdest weight loss advice you've ever had?

167891012»

Replies

• gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Just take off a limb...
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    The 5 bite diet.
    At your meal time you can have 5 bites of ANY one food you enjoy and you will lose weight.

huge+spoon.jpg

I constantly get people telling me that once I lose a bit more weight, I won't be diabetic anymore. I wish, but I've been diabetic since I was 2 lol. There are different kinds.

Oh and my coworkers new diet...you aren't supposed to eat fat and carbs at the same time, otherwise you can't lose weight :/

A friend of mine said some lady in the "medical field" told her the same thing about diabetes... My friend has been diabetic since she was very young too and uses an insulin pump. She told the woman she was crazy and if she actually believed that, she should find another profession she doesn't fail at lol.
  • pinkpuke672
    pinkpuke672 Posts: 14 Member
    My aunt once told me it wasn't good for me to cut too much down on the sugar as "sugar contains a lot of important nutrients too".
    If I didn't know my family, I would've thought it was a joke.
  • TJWrites00
    TJWrites00 Posts: 27 Member
    This is the most hilarious thread I've read all day.

I needed that laugh.
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    "just *kitten* the weight off"

funny thing is i think they were being serious

Sex (even alone) does count as exercise....

However, the amount you'd have to get/do to make a significant weight loss dent....

I can just imagine the diet book: "The Perv Diet: Sex Your Way to Sexypants!"

MUHAHAHA! I would totally buy that book. And convince everybody that it is the ONLY way to lose weight!