Jealous of the Super Obese?

Options

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    OP, you know what you are. So, are you done yet? Are you ready to leave? Are you not bored yet?

Do you even lift, bro?
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Dear moderator,

I'm name calling in my head right now. Will I be booted off the site for that?

Love,

Gogo

Dear Gogo,

I find your profile pic to be sexually suggestive and inappropriate. you probably shouldn't be here anyway.

Love,
    Amy

Name calling, name calling, oooh, you should hear the one I'm calling now. Inflamatory!

I'm pretty sure I can come up with something suitable on my own. But I am a little disappointed that you're only calling one right now. I'd except a little more from you...
  • ValGogo
    Options
    i know what you mean. like how i am jealous of people that don't have the ability/brain function to read. if i couldn't read, i wouldn't be able to comprehend the idiotic things people say.

it would save me so much time beating my head against the wall.

:flowerforyou:
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    i know what you mean. like how i am jealous of people that don't have the ability/brain function to read. if i couldn't read, i wouldn't be able to comprehend the idiotic things people say.

it would save me so much time beating my head against the wall.

If you don't like it, don't read it. Pretty simple :) enjoy those concussions cuz around here you'll find an abundance of idiocy.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Dear moderator,

Love,

Gogo

Dear Gogo,

I find your profile pic to be sexually suggestive and inappropriate. you probably shouldn't be here anyway.

Love,
    Amy

Name calling, name calling, oooh, you should hear the one I'm calling now. Inflamatory!

I'm pretty sure I can come up with something suitable on my own. But I am a little disappointed that you're only calling one right now. I'd except a little more from you...

Zip it, you're boring.
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread turned weird... :huh:
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    OP, you know what you are. So, are you done yet? Are you ready to leave? Are you not bored yet?

Do you even lift, bro?

Are you trying to make me leave? cuz I'm pretty sure you'd have to do something agains the rules to make that happen :D
  • ValGogo
    Options
    We've all realized this is Trollification at its very worst, right?
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Dear moderator,

Love,

Gogo

Dear Gogo,

Love,
    Amy

Zip it, you're boring.

And yet you keep coming back for more
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who got that surgery in 2009 (in my opinion she didn't need it) and she died. Post surgery infection. I wouldn't recommend anything so drastic to anyone unless it is the last resort.

my best friend's co-worker's daughter has been in and out of the hospital, fighting for her life, since she had hers some months ago. don't know what kind of surgery it was. big problems.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    We've all realized this is Trollification at its very worst, right?

umm... really? you're kind of the worst for it...

I was reaching out to the "community" to see if anyone else had those moments of weakness where they wished for ridiculous "easy" cures. You're the one who started the down hill slide...
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

NeIv2.gif
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    I'm leaving the thread now. Thanks to those who honestly replied with real stories about the surgery, you have changed my view. And thanks to those who were willing to admit that in their darkest moments they too wish for ridiculous "easy" fixes. Congrats to all those who have lost weight either with diet/exercise or through surgery. And thanks to everyone for entertaining me for the last couple hours!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I work as a nurse. I've seen some complications from Gastric Bypass Surgery that I wouldn't wish on my enemies. Also the only way to keep the weight off is diet modification for the rest of your life. If you can do that, you will lose weight without surgery! A family member had the surgery and lost about 200#, but went back to old habits and regained weight. In addition to that, she had vitamin malabsorbtion and had to have iron infusions. Either way is hard, but I think surgery is really harder(and harder on your body).
  • ValGogo
    Options

NeIv2.gif

Best show ever!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would not say that I am jealous of the super obese, but it does seem like the easy way out. I work super hard and hardly see results. It has taken me over a year to lose the weight I've lost due to my thyroids. It is super hard work. Sometimes, I just think the surgery would be best, but then I think to myself that I've totally changed not only my eating but my life so no thanks! Great question!:flowerforyou:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I think the only part of that whole scenario the OP set up that I'd like to have would be the cosmetic surgery to remove the excess skin, scars, & stretch marks once I get to a healthy weight.

I've read posts from some people who have huge loose skin flaps, repeated infections, and other problems, yet their insurance (if they're lucky enough to have any) considers the skin removal to be cosmetic & they can't afford it on their own, so they're stuck with gross, ugly, infected flaps of skin on what should be an awesome body.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    My sister in law and my mother in law both had the surgery, both lost weight initially and both are now obese again. In addition to being obese, they have all kinds of digestive problems and foods they can't eat directly related to the surgery. The surgery could be a good option for someone who is willing and able to stick to a new way of eating but there have to be some changes beyond just having the surgery done. At least that's what I've seen in the people I personally know who've had it done.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My peak weight was 360. I was super obese. I saved money and went to mexico and had VSG weight loss surgery. I actually had a VERY easy surgery and recovery and a very successful surgery. I don't have any issues with any sorts of foods (other than wheat, but I had that problem BEFORE the surgery too) and I can eat a satisfying amount of food but my smaller stomach doesn't require massive amounts of food to feel full anymore. If you picture a lean cuisine, I can eat this amount minus about three bites. Basically, my surgery is BEST CASE SCENARIO. and it still is not the "EASY WAY" Trust me, losing 30 pounds is easy. Hell, I lost 70 pounds on my own before surgery.. but losing 30 pounds or even 70 pounds is a lot different than losing 200 pounds and even with weight loss surgery, losing 200 pounds is HARD. That's why there are so many WLS people here on MFP, because we are committed to our journeys and realize that the WLS is only ONE component to success and that we need to monitor our intake by avoiding mindless eating and empty calories and we need to incorporate exercise. I will freely admit that for me HAS made this weight loss journey "less hard" It's a wonderful feeling to eat a NORMAL size portion of something and feel satisfied for the first time in my life. My cravings have also decreased by about 50% so they're much more manageable than pre-surgery.... but..... there is nothing EASY about this journey.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The only thing I would like from that show is the reconstructive surgery to remove all my excess skin. Because when I am done losing I will have lost 226 pounds. Of course the first 90-100 of that was because of the weight loss surgery I had. The rest of that, 130 or so? Oh yeah, that's logging my food on here daily, counting calories, weighing/measuring everything I eat, following a food plan and of course exercise, so as you put it "the hard way". I already have about 20 pounds of excess skin and when I'm done probably a total of 30 pounds and you know what, I will probably have it the rest of my life because reconstructive surgery isn't covered by insurance. Easy way my ***!

I would say I'm sorry but you hit a nerve. Educate yourself before calling something you obviously know nothing about, easy.