200+ Santa's Super Sexy Pals!

Options

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I should have gone to the gym last night after my appointment with the attorney but I didn't. The meeting went ok. I don't want to post publicly what happened in case Joey knows how to find me on here (I was using this site before I left him, so its entirely possible for him to stalk me even though I doubt he is)

I "checked in" my weight this morning (logged 217.2). I can't deny that I've put on a couple pounds in the past 2 weeks and have to be accountable for it. I have the rest of the week off so I have no excuse not to exercise. I can go during the day when Taylor is at work. That means I can work out for as long as I want to without worrying about missing time with him in the evenings.

I'm also going to log my food today- no matter how much I eat.

trying to take baby steps at the moment....need to get my head back in this.....
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Kristina - oh yeah so jealous!!! And so happy it's you doing the report and not me...

Kendal - you can vent via private messages to us if you need to!!! I totally understand about not wanting to say things on a public forum. Glad it went well with lawyer.

Lacey - I love that you're lurking too.

Amy - did you make it out to play in the snow?
    '
    Deb - Hope you're ready for Christmas..

Bethany - how's the vacation?

As for me - I'm happy that my first client canceled today. It's given me a chance to catch up with you super pals... Mom and I made a pact to return to our daily workouts next Monday. No more excuses for canceling. We are leaving tomorrow for the in-laws right after work. We'll be back Saturday evening. Overall, I've been eating pretty good but not exercising. At least my weight is staying in the same general area. Some muscle may have converted to fat as my clothes feel tighter then again it may all be in my head.

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal, Victoria's correct-- if you don't feel comfortable venting on the public boards, you can always vent via PM to any of us... email, whatever is best! Also, I don't know if I'll have time at this point, or if you'll be around, but let me know if you might have some time the week between Christmas and New Years-- I'll be in NC, only about an hour away from you, and I'd love to get together if it would work out.

Victoria- it's great that you have your mom to help motivate and support you. My mom just restarted WW again (she's sort of a perpetual member). I think my successes have motivated her to get back on the wagon. So now, I sort of don't want to let her down either.

My caloric splurge for this morning is sugar free (why do they need to add sugar? it's sweet enough!) swiss miss hot chocolate. Yum! 60 calories and totally worth it on this frigid morning. I can't control the temperature in my new office and it's always brisk (and I usually am warm). My favorite thing about the new office? The water dispenser has a hot water knob. The simple pleasures, eh? No longer having to heat up my tea in the microwave. Woot! Then need to start pounding back my at least 8 glasses of water for the day.

Hang in there ladies--- even if we aren't losing over this short time, we need to stay engaged with one another, so we keep at it in the new year. We've come too far!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Pro- I went to zumba tonight. My hrm was acting a little cooky. At times it wasn't reading anything and other times it said my hr was 226. umm..no. It said 560 cals burned in 50 minutes (she started late and then had to take a pee break in the middle lol)

Con- they took us out to a mexican restaurant for lunch today. Not sure how to log it, so I bet I'm over on cals....but at least its not as bad as it could have been

I'm off work the rest of the week. Yay! I need to get a dirty santa gift and put together the barbie jeep my sister is hiding at my house. She doesn't have the time and I'm good at putting stuff together, so I said I'd do it for her.

I'm planning on going to the gym during the daytime for the next 2 days so I have my nights to spend with Taylor.
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hello all

Victoria ~ vacation is good.. but now my kids are on break too... so help me :noway: i hope the weather is nice so they can run around outside... but im super excited about sleeping in :love: and not getting anyone up for school!!! ps.. are you still doing the chart thing? if so how often do you but it up , not that i have budged since lol

man i was going through two pages and its hard to keep up with everyone lol

Kristina ~ how awesome you got your coat.. and dropping what 4 sizes :drinker: good job and thats cool that now you have instant hot water for hot chocolate:drinker: yum-o

I went to the Y today, and they didnt have any classes.. shucks.. these 2 wks are like free classes to try .. so anyway i walked/ran .5 mile then went swimming played in the pool , volleyball with my kiddo for a bit then hit the hot tub :love: burned a lot of calories i think... but i have a lot to eat still and its 10:30pm.. so im snackin on a Korean pear for now..
    tomorrow starts new open swim times at the Y also, so ill work out and kids can swim well at least the oldest..:wink:

i subscribed to Clean Eatting mag.. i have recieved my first issue .. i hope to get some clean eatting cookbooks too for easy reference...

its funny i am doing this skinny jean class Monday nights and my instructor says its like PX90 on steriords.. and one girl in my class said is anyone wearing their skinny jeans yet??? i said i sure as hell cant wear any of the jeans i have.. i used to wear 18s.. and they were tight..lol:embarassed: then i bought 16,14... and they are still falling off... its kinda annoying but rewarding at the same time.. i dont even know if i should buy anymore jeans lol ive been wearing a belt with my others.. but geez they sill fall down lol

well im gonna head off... oh Friday weighed in at 188.6lbs.... 3 more lbs by the 31st and ill have my goal.. :flowerforyou:
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hiya ladies! I was out all day yesterday as it was me & DH's 9th anniversary and he took us out to a medieval Christmas market in a nearby town. It was sooooo cool! I posted pics on my facebook if ya'll are interested. Trav bought me this super-cool carved wooden necklace and we wandered around looking at shops and kiosks and super-old buildings (apparently Esslingen was a Roman town back in 777 AD, there were some old Roman statues and everything). It was fun! My friend from the States gets in tomorrow and we're gonna be in full vacation gear as of then. I'm super-psyched for my first visitor since moving to Germany!

Bethany: I don't think I could handle anything that touts itself to be P90X on steroids!! P90X is hard!! I bet you'll be in your skinny jeans in no time.

Kristina: A hot water dispenser makes me happy! I just bought an electric tea kettle for $2.99 and I am STILL happy about it.

Victoria: It's so nice when you've got family members that support you. My DH says he supports me and then makes a pan of fudge or truffles. It'd be nice if he worked out with me.

Kendal: Good job getting the exercise in! Your heart rate monitor might be picking up info from other heart rate monitors in the gym or something. PM me if you need to vent about anything!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Kendal- nice job still getting yourself to the gym! And it sounds like a great idea to compromise and go during the day over these next two days so you're still able to spend time with the bf, but still get some cardio in. Maximize it before the holidays commence!

Bethany- you're melting away! You'll be in skinny jeans in no time!

Amy- Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a lovely time! Yay for upcoming visitors!!

Update on yesterday. Good eating overall yesterday. Minor slip-up with a chex mix package for a snack (when I could have had something that stuck with me for longer) and pumpkin bread slice for dessert (not needed). I just had a ton of cravings yesterday. Some which I was able to fight. I know it's because I've been eating too much/not as healthy. When I go off the bandwagon, it makes it so much tougher to jump back on for a few days. It's like coming off a drug high (not that I would know)--- have to get through those couple of days of cravings. Didn't go to the gym though.

Weighed in at 177.6 this morning-- continuing the downward trend which I appreciate. TMI but I peed like whoa yesterday, and I wonder if I'd been just storing up a lot of water as I hadn't been drinking enough water and eating too much salt, because I swear, even though I drank a lot yesterday, there seemed to be a lot more coming out than going in.

Today I'm doing brunch with a friend, which won't be the most healthy, but otherwise I'm in the office all day and I brought my gym clothes. So my plan is to hit up the gym after work to compensate for the extra brunch calories, then eat a small dinner tonight, and I should be relatively on track. Won't be able to get the gym tomorrow with my flight being in the evening, but I want to get at least one workout in this week. Slacking off like whoa on that front. Maybe when I'm at home I can use the warmer weather and motivation that I get from the fact that I'm a motivation for my parents (makes sense?) to get out and moving while at home. At least some long walks would be good!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    A friend posted something on Facebook today that I thought I'd share with you:

Do not worry so much about what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas, worry about what you eat between Christmas and Thanksgiving.
  • MrsMarvelous
    Options

Do not worry so much about what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas, worry about what you eat between Christmas and Thanksgiving.

thats pretty cool!!
    hey amy what is your facebook? mine is bethany marvel
    i think that medival christmas market would be cool.. id love to go to medival times and eat.. they have one in Chicago but we havent been able to get there hubby has been there before
  • MrsMarvelous
    Options
    ps .. im gonna use that for my facebook status too ... :flowerforyou:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Amy - I saw your pics on FB and it makes me want to come to Germany even more now!! The necklace is gorgeous! My daughter would LOVE LOVE the toys Gabe brough home! Right now she's been pretending to be a soldier and Jeff is the colonel, it is a total crack up when she has to take a break from standing at attn to put her baby in the bath!

Kristina and Kendal - enjoy your time off girls!

Bethany - wow look at you go girl, you will be in skinny jeans in no time!

Today I am just trying to get all my work done as I will not be here tomorrow and only work a half day on Friday. Still am very much looking forward to getting back to the gym and tracking in the new year. I was so happy to finally find some sort of process that was working for me and cannot wait to get into it again!
  • akasullengal
    Options

SO SO true. Look, as long as you can get back on the wagon, I don't see a problem with this. Trying not to go overboard is good, but a week or two of bad eating isn't going to derail you-- we're all in this for the long haul, and that's a piddly amount of time. It's not worth the effort to be super strict, because you might feel like you're depriving yourself and missing out on things, leading the resentment. Eat those cookies-- just maybe a few and not a dozen!

Brunch was YUMMY! Had an open faced omelet with the works on it. SO good. Ate about 2/3 of it, but it was pretty massive. Trying to think about how the protein will get me through the day. Had peppers, green beans, artichoke, red potato wedges, and white cheddar cheese on it. *drools* And an amazing nonfat vanilla latte. *drools again* love that place. No idea how to log it-- picked the closest thing, which I know is way under the calories, but still tried to log it and will move my tushy tonight.

Have to run by the Zingerman's bakehouse on my way home from work. The parents fell in love with their baked goods after I shipped some home has a gift and loaded up the last time they visited, so I called and they set aside a couple of loaves (fresh out of the oven!) for me to pick up after work. It's a detour to the gym, but I think as long as I change into my gym clothes at work, I'll be good to go.

Hope your Wednesday is going well!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I actually followed through on my gym promise today for once this week. A little over 15 miles on the bike. I was booking it. Success! Why can't I remember the feeling I get after finishing a good workout when I'm sitting on the couch not wanting to leave? Seriously-- it's a fab feeling. Spent most of it reading my most recent Runner's World magazine and it got me pumped for running again. I have to get out and move. It's just been hard with it being so cold that none of the snow and ice are melting and I don't want to bust my butt and seriously injure myself and hate the treadmill. I think, as I haven't been really running, totally scraping any idea of a full this spring, but I'm still definitely up for the half again in Toledo (I'm looking at you, running buddy Victoria). and maybe MAYBE if I've dropped more weight (I better as heck have!) and gotten faster, so I won't have to run for like a half a day, I'd be up for the full come Detroit again this fall. Would be pretty cool to run that race again, only this time twice the distance. Loved it.

I have lofty goals-- this happens when I finally move my butt like I should. Let's hold myself to them now.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Weighed in at 176.8 this morning-- downward trend continuing. When I eat around the amount of calories I should be and log everything I lose weight. NO WAY!

Of course, the trend will stop come tomorrow with the food extravaganza, but that's okay. I'm just hoping for not more than a pound or two up by the time I get back on New Year's Eve.

No time for the gym today. Work is dead-- no one's around, which is sort of nice. Should be able to get a fair bit of organization done. Something that doesn't require a lot of brainpower, as mine's already on vacation. Will probably head out a little early to finish things around the apt. I'm pretty much packed, but need to get together my carry on, take out the trash, etc. Dude, checking a bag was $23-- not cool. No wonder why people try to shove gynormous bags into the overheads which were never meant to be carry-ons. There was no way I'd be able to get by with a carryon this year though, so the extra fees it is.

I'm bringing my laptop, but might be rather scarce around here over the next couple of days. Will check in when I have a chance though. Happy Holidays!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    Bethany: I PMed you my facebook info (just don't want to put it on a public board). Friend me!

Lacey: Gabe has been glued to the toys since he got them. He even demanded that we watch How to Train Your Dragon last night as the viking fought with similar weapons. He's been hysterical to watch!

Kristina: Good job making it to the gym! Have a great Christmas!

As for me, I've been preparing for my friend's arrival tonight. We've cleaned up the joint, made sure we have plenty of German and Italian wines and German beer, made Christmas cookies and now we're just waiting...waiting...waiting until we can go pick him up at the airport. Funny side note, the lade who babysat our dog one time months and months ago stopped by with a Christmas present for her! We put it under the tree and every time she walks past the tree she stops to sniff it. No idea what's in there, but I'm fairly certain it's edible!
  • anvy0530
    Options
    This has been the most retarded day!!!! My friend was supposed to get here at 6pm. His flight from Frankfurt was delayed and then canceled. Then he had to get his luggage and Lufthansa gave him a train ticket so he had to go to the train station and wait for the train to Stuttgart. The train was supposed to leave Frankfurt at 7:20 pm but ended up being delayed until 8pm. He finally got on the train and SHOULD get to the Stuttgart airport train station in another hour. The thing is: there is NO bad weather in all of Germany. I don't know why there are all these problems. SOOOOO irritating!!!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Amy- understandably very aggravating. I hope after everything he makes it there okay! I'm hoping for no travel issues for myself. Luckily it's a (relatively) short nonstop flight for me. I'm hoping the airport won't be hellacious. We'll see though...

So far so good today overall (though again, I succombed to some Chex Mix I didn't need- no more packets left though, so one less temptation). Not sure what I'm going to do for dinner yet. If I'll grab something-- perhaps Subway or grab something from the freezer. I don't have much on hand, as I didn't go grocery shopping for much this week. If I do get something, I need for it to not be caloric like whoa. That's what tomorrow and Christmas Day are for. Haha. Work is going painfully slowly. They gave us an hour early off, but that's still another 45 minutes from now. *twiddles thumbs*
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve!!! We safely made it to southern MI for the holiday. We got in about 10:30 Wed night and stayed up late visiting with the in-laws. Yesterday was filled with friends and family. Today is all the big family gatherings. We head home early tomorrow. Food - not good. Exercise - minimal. Welcome to the holidays. I will, I will be back on track Mon!!! DH is off all week so that may kink my plans. I can't weigh in until Mon. When does this challenge end? Maybe next fri so we start the new year out right? That would give me a week to get the bad stufff gone.

Kristina - thanks for the TMI issue. I realized I've only been drinking 6 vs my prior 10 cups water. I made a push to up the number and went like a race horse all day. (*blushes*) enjoy your trip home. In case I forgot to say it before -YEAH to smaller coats.

Amy - travel delays are frustrating!!! Hope you enjoyed visiting when he finally got there. Gabe and the festval sound awesome. Loved the pics.

Kendall - how was the week off? Did your sis ever get married? Hope things are better with all of you. Does your brother still believe in Santa?

Bethany - I'll try to PM you my name for facebook friend as well.

Lacey - have a blast with Gracie this Christmas!!!

Deb - enjoy your family.

My highlight of yesterday was looking in the mirror thinking "WOW - I look great." My BF husband was diagnosed with diabetes last month. We had lots of talk on eating better and exercise. He's really trying to improve. They have 4 kids and are my age. He's too young to have healthb problems. I told him, I'd probably have it too it I hadn't changed my lifestyle. Thank you all for helping me get healthy and feel great about myself!!!
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Morning ladies! I made it to North Carolina safe and sounds. Today will involved baking and a fair bit of eating, church, and present opening (woo!) Just wanted to check in and say hello and wish you all a happy holidays. Not going to bother logging today or tomorrow, but back on the wagon on Sunday.

Hugs to all!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

I ate three mini oranges and am moving on to the rest of my box of reeses pieces from the movie yesterday.
    Yesterday was great! My BF came down from Portaldn, we got a pedicure, it looks like there is a disco ball on my toes! Then we had thai food and saw The Fighter. Good movie.

Today I work till 11 and we have a work party, gift exchange...then I am going to head to the gourmet grocery store and buy some cheese, salami, dessert, broccoli salad and a few other goodies. Gracie wanted to have a picnic, so thats the kind of food I am buying for Christmas Eve dinner. Then we will open a few presents and hang out...tomorrow Santa will have come with the rest, more present opening, breakfast and then driving down to Medford for the night...a couple get togethers with family and then home Sunday...lounging Monday. And three days of work next week.
    Monday I am getting my facial and my hair done! Yay!

Yall have a great holiday!