who doesnt like when guys gain muscles

Options

Replies

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I have dated a few girls that said they "hated muscles/bodybuilders". They were the most insecure, attention seeking, controlling people to be around. Had one girl try to tell me that I couldn't wear tank tops in public because 'everyone' looked at me. Same one made a scene in a restaurant because the waitress smiled and talked to me for "too long". I said "yeah, I am the one paying the damn check so to the waitress you mean nothing." Also, the women that say they hate the muscles the loudest are the ones that secretly desire them the most. I forget my psychology, but there is a term for that.

Yikes...and you say you attract insecure girls? I can't imagine a woman with a healthy self esteem putting up with that ^^^
    The waitress LOLed pretty hard.

Even *kitten* and bullies get a few laughs now and again.

Let's review:
    You a) in a classic case of misogyny, assumed that the waitress recognized your masculine bread-winning abilities and factored that into her strategy of securing the best possible tip by catering to you alone

and b) in even more misogyny, assumed that your date was completely uninterested in picking up or sharing the tab

and c) in a move of utter and complete nastiness, insulted your date in front of another woman who is paid to provide the both of you with service

But she just can't get on in the world...what with how jealous and insecure she is about your muscles. That beeyotch. You deserve better.
    Wow you've got some issues. Were you there? I didn't think so. I took a friend to buy my 1st car. The salesmen didn't even look at or talk to my friend at all. Why, because I am the one who was buying.
    How in the world would a waitress know who was paying for a meal, though?

When my SO and I go out, it's as likely that I'll pay as that he will and that's pretty common these days.

Plus, if you're rude to my dining companion but nice to me, I'm going to notice that and a decent person wouldn't be very happy about it.
    She didn't. The girl I was with "thought" in her mind that the waitress was paying extra attention and being overly nice to me. What I said was in jest to lighten the mood, which I had to do a lot in that relationship.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have dated a few girls that said they "hated muscles/bodybuilders". They were the most insecure, attention seeking, controlling people to be around. Had one girl try to tell me that I couldn't wear tank tops in public because 'everyone' looked at me. Same one made a scene in a restaurant because the waitress smiled and talked to me for "too long". I said "yeah, I am the one paying the damn check so to the waitress you mean nothing." Also, the women that say they hate the muscles the loudest are the ones that secretly desire them the most. I forget my psychology, but there is a term for that.

Yikes...and you say you attract insecure girls? I can't imagine a woman with a healthy self esteem putting up with that ^^^

Let's review:
    You a) in a classic case of misogyny, assumed that the waitress recognized your masculine bread-winning abilities and factored that into her strategy of securing the best possible tip by catering to you alone

and b) in even more misogyny, assumed that your date was completely uninterested in picking up or sharing the tab

and c) in a move of utter and complete nastiness, insulted your date in front of another woman who is paid to provide the both of you with service

But she just can't get on in the world...what with how jealous and insecure she is about your muscles. That beeyotch. You deserve better.

I was wondering when someone was going to pull the misogyny card. Glad to see MFP didn't disappoint.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She didn't. The girl I was with "thought" in her mind that the waitress was paying extra attention and being overly nice to me. What I said was in jest to lighten the mood, which I had to do a lot in that relationship.

OK, so an old friend of mine just got engaged to a woman who bugged him so much every time a female posted anything on his FB page that he got rid of it so as not to have to deal with her jealousy (which extends beyond FB).

Can you please explain to me the appeal of a woman like this? I mean, you stayed in this relationship with this insecure, obnoxious, jealous woman long enough to have to do this more than once. Why?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

OK, so an old friend of mine just got engaged to a woman who bugged him so much every time a female posted anything on his FB page that he got rid of it so as not to have to deal with her jealousy (which extends beyond FB).

Can you please explain to me the appeal of a woman like this? I mean, you stayed in this relationship with this insecure, obnoxious, jealous woman long enough to have to do this more than once. Why?

I would assume the same reason women stay with controlling men.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    What if this was the OP, what would the reaction be:

Anyone else who doesn't like the look of girls who gain allot of weight and look extremely chunky?i prefer the normal look and I don't dig that look.anyone else

Outrage and a lot of butt-hurt and the ever so popular "You're fat shaming!" outcry.

So it's wrong to point out fat shaming but fit shaming is cause for panic basically?

My point was that whenever someone says they don't like fat women the inevitable cry is that you're fat shaming. Not everyone likes fat women or men. Not everyone likes fit women or men. I am personally attracted to fit people. I would not date someone who was extremely overweight because that's not what I like. Does it mean I'm fat shaming? No. It just means that I am not attracted to someone who is fat.

I guess that was my point. If someone says, "I don't like fat people," people are kind of like, "well of course not." If someone says they don't like some aspect of fit people the whole world stops and gasps.
    Please start a thread with that title. I am sure you'll see a lot of "well of course not" responses.

LOL people are easily offended so its inevitable you will bashed. I wont be one of them because I am not touchy about the subject since I am not fat. Even if I was,you an always lose the weight right? My heaviest was 140 and I had to do something about it and I am 5`3 so there is no way in hell I would allow myself to keep gaining weight till I reach 300 lbs .no way:noway: o yo wont get any flank from me but I guarantee if you start such thread you will from allot of people on this site

I agree, people are quite easily offended. If someone likes redheads and does not like dark blonde should I be offended? I was in the 300+ pound land and was never offended by not being someone's type. It's guaranteed that no matter how much you weigh or what shape you are you will never be everyone's type.

I was some people's type but not other's. Why is not liking muscles any different? I for one do not like the extremely low body fat oiled body builder look for men, and protruding ribs on women. Am I being rude for having a preference? People don't take a comment like "I like women with short hair" to heart and are not offended by it. Why is body shape any different?

This :smile:
    This world would be boring if everyone like the same thing. Its just a matter of preference and taste:drinker: I am curvy women with big butt etc.Even a 120 lbs I still have curves .Some guys like that and then some guys prefer skinny women.Its just how it is
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Honestly, I was young, we had a lot in common and thought i could help her.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Same here especially the body builder type.I find it gross. prefer guys who are not fat but in between, more like average size with a flat stomach.I don't like guys with big belly either as I find it a big turn off. I also don't like when guys are too skinny.so basically a guy who is average size and look nice without those big muscles
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Let's review:

I was wondering when someone was going to pull the misogyny card. Glad to see MFP didn't disappoint.

I'm glad that it wasn't just me who noticed. Yet the very title of this thread has man-shaming at its core.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Honestly, I was young, we had a lot in common and thought i could help her.
    Gotcha.
  • randomtai
    Options
    Same here especially the body builder type.I find it gross. prefer guys who are not fat but in between, more like average size with a flat stomach.I don't like guys with big belly either as I find it a big turn off. I also don't like when guys are too skinny.so basically a guy who is average size and look nice without those big muscles

Aren't you a peach? :noway:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Or not...
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread, it has been brought to my attention that some people take the internet WAY too seriously....

calm_down.gif
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

:huh:

Not sure why this person deserved the snark for just stating what they like
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Because she referred to body builders as gross. Preference or not, the wording is everything.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

It's fine to have preferences. It's not fine to call anyone "gross."
  • randomtai
    Options
    After reading this thread, it has been brought to my attention that some people take the internet WAY too seriously....

calm_down.gif

If you think this is serious... You had enough internet. :laugh:

75514-thats-enough-internet-for-toda-l6sP.gif
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I feel as though if gender roles were reversed in this post, a lot more people would be offended. XD
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

Let's review:

I'm glad that it wasn't just me who noticed. Yet the very title of this thread has man-shaming at its core.

oh misandry it tastes so good
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

It's fine to have preferences. It's not fine to call anyone "gross."

She finds a body builder type gross. So what? Perhaps it's not the best choice of words. Would "unattractive to me" have been better or is that a no-no as well?
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I think phrases like 'gross' and 'turn-off' might qualify as blatant body-shaming.
This discussion has been closed.