who doesnt like when guys gain muscles

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Same here especially the body builder type.I find it gross. prefer guys who are not fat but in between, more like average size with a flat stomach.I don't like guys with big belly either as I find it a big turn off. I also don't like when guys are too skinny.so basically a guy who is average size and look nice without those big muscles

Aren't you a peach? :noway:

:huh:

Not sure why this person deserved the snark for just stating what they like

It's fine to have preferences. It's not fine to call anyone "gross."

She finds a body builder type gross. So what? Perhaps it's not the best choice of words. Would "unattractive to me" have been better or is that a no-no as well?

You really need someone to explain to you why calling someone's body type "gross" is not acceptable? Really????? :noway:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Same here especially the body builder type.I find it gross. prefer guys who are not fat but in between, more like average size with a flat stomach.I don't like guys with big belly either as I find it a big turn off. I also don't like when guys are too skinny.so basically a guy who is average size and look nice without those big muscles

She finds a body builder type gross. So what? Perhaps it's not the best choice of words. Would "unattractive to me" have been better or is that a no-no as well?

Saying a particular body type is gross on a fitness site where many of the people are body builder types or striving to be is just in bad form. What if I said overweight chics are disgusting?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've noticed more muscular guys have nice veins. I bet phlebotomists like muscular guys.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options

'Unattractive to me' is stating a preference.
    'Gross' is attacking the person for looking that way.

Ok...imagine if somebody posted the following:

'Same here especially the BBW type.I find it gross. prefer girls who are not fat but in between, more like average size with a flat stomach.I don't like girls with back boobs/cankles either as I find it a big turn off. I also don't like when girls are too skinny and flat-chested.so basically a girl who is average size and look nice without those big rolls and folds.'

People would be offended, and who'd blame them?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ANYWAY I agree with OP and do not find body builder types or very ripped "fit" men appealing

onward peachtastic
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OP has obviously never seen Jessie Pavelka without his shirt on.... Muscles and tattoos - excuse while I get naked

:love:

xXx
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Anyone else who doesn't like the look of guys who gain allot of muscles and look extremely buff?i prefer the normal look and I don't dig that look.anyone else

yaaawwwwnnnnnn, zzzzzzzzzzz...... Sorry, I dozed off for a second.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Because she referred to body builders as gross. Preference or not, the wording is everything.

But given the entire post I even question what they believe a bodybuilder is or what they think one looks like to them. For all we know they think the Stay Puft Marshmallow man is a body builder??? With words and phrases like "not fat but in between" "like average size with a flat stomach" "big belly" "too skinny" and of course the piece de resistance "basically a guy who is average size and look nice without those big muscles" They potentially described every man walking on Earth (depending on ones perspective)

b2n7k.jpg
  • randomtai
    Options
    ANYWAY I agree with OP and do not find body builder types or very ripped "fit" men appealing

onward peachtastic

2499461-1394410947285.jpg
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Come on people, you all know what she means by "normal" ; fit and in shape but not a body builder or overtly muscular. It's not rocket science.

To answer OPs question, you aren't alone. I personally find muscular men unattractive, particularly when they have have bulging veins on their arms/necks. It's just a personal preference. Some people like big, muscular, herculean, men. I prefer slim/average weight (healthy for their height and body type since apparently "average" is this horrible grey area nobody on here seems to understand) and in shape, but without the rippling muscles or 6 pack abs.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people dont look normal.

Too much muscle, fat, skin and hair. Thats bad. It has to be perfect. You know, like in between all that other stuff. Then its good.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people dont look normal.

Too much muscle, fat, skin and hair. Thats bad. It has to be perfect. You know, like in between all that other stuff. Then its good.

Moderation in everything.

Every. Thing.
  • salembambi
    Options
    Come on people, you all know what she means by "normal" ; fit and in shape but not a body builder or overtly muscular. It's not rocket science.

To answer OPs question, you aren't alone. I personally find muscular men unattractive, particularly when they have have bulging veins on their arms/necks. It's just a personal preference. Some people like big, muscular, herculean, men. I prefer slim/average weight and in shape, but without the rippling muscles or 6 pack abs.

samesies
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    20130403204104-61fa7493.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Did you read something the rest of us didn't?
  • salembambi
    Options

onward peachtastic

2yjvxah.jpg
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    This thread got pretty terrible around page 6-7, but you guys pulled it out of the fire.

pls carry on with the snark.
  • randomtai
    Options

onward peachtastic

2yjvxah.jpg

burn-tongue-o.gif
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Did you read something the rest of us didn't?

What looks normal? Yeah she made that up off the top of the dome. Women hear all say that vascular look is unattractive which is technically under body fat % range for men. Veiny look takes really low body fat%.
  • salembambi
    Options

onward peachtastic

2yjvxah.jpg

burn-tongue-o.gif

2yoanm1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.