Options

Replies

• SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Beer. :sad:
  • zebandersson
    Options
    Was my attitude. .. I feel people fail to realize how important it is to stay positive ..dont be afraid to be proud of yourself and to giveyourself a pat on the back!

I second that!
  • zebandersson
    Options

Haha, it's hard isn't it? Just the beer itself contained so many extra calories but with the beer came fatty foods and snacks too! The moment I quit drinking I also started eating healthier and exercising! Win win! :smile:
  • gymratkel1
    Options
    good morning. the 1st thing i changed was being very cognizant of what i ate, when and what all went into it. for me, personally, it helped..to really be strict and keep track of it all... and portion control. sounds crazy but i will measure my food..I KNOW..but it works for me. best of luck to you. have a great day.
  • McMandy17
    McMandy17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have slowly been eliminating over processed foods and feel 100 times better for it!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Cut out sweets. I was having sweets 2-3 times a day. I still have a cheat on the weekend every now and again.
  • my_chrystal82
    my_chrystal82 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    First thing I changed-sugar intake. Cut out pop and changed the way I took my coffee.

After that, I stopped buying premade foods.
  • alighterday
    Options
    Removed myself from denial. When I got out, I was shocked. Then I went to work
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The first thing I changed when I started this process was believing I could do what I put my mind to. I changed my negative comments with positive ones. If I don't believe I won't achieve my goals.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    my underwear
  • louisefranks
    louisefranks Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    There wasn't just one thing. I was told I was probably diabetic...panicked....kicked the carbs and started swimming 5 days a week LOL
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Learned my stats -- bmr, etc. Do not exceed basil metabolism rate numbers. Found a program that helped me get started - 5:2 plan worked well for me. Faithful to exercise program. Accountable to one person to whom I share my progress or challenges with. Double-check my numbers with myfitnesspal. Set generous, reasonable goals. Avoid quick-loss gimmicks, as friends try to persuade me to get on expensive programs requiring no exercise. Weigh in every 2 weeks -- because that works for me. Drink plenty of water. Don't eat late at night.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I evaluated my relationship to food and then learned how to eat mindfully and with discipline...something I never learned as a child. I've always eaten pretty healthy, but was eating the wrong portion sizes and not taking time and proper bites when eating. So, I measure everything and take my time. It's helped me really hone in on how much I'm eating, and that alone has started the process. Now it's macros and workouts!
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I'm still struggling with food, but I exercise a lot more. That's the easy part for me.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Substituted fried foods for grilled or baked and started using less condiments.
  • hbgirl85
    hbgirl85 Posts: 26
    Options
    I started thinking about food as fuel for my body and being mindful of what I was putting into my body.
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started excercising before I started dieting. I like to eat! So it was easier to start with an excercise routine, and then ease into a healthier diet.
  • amrluvarr
    amrluvarr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I weighed/measured and counted everything I ate even if I was going over the calories. Now, I'm really trying to evaluate my triggers for eating. I seem to work better with little goals and steps.
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Haha, it's hard isn't it? Just the beer itself contained so many extra calories but with the beer came fatty foods and snacks too! The moment I quit drinking I also started eating healthier and exercising! Win win! :smile:

Yes, a very good point! The "pub food" is a killer! I intend to bring it back, in moderation but I'm not ready yet. I want to echo what someone else mentioned: working out. This was the first, consistent change I made (other than cutting out beer) because I knew I'd quickly FEEL better, even if the scale wasn't moving. Everything else fell into place, particularly after realizing the impact of what I ate on the next day's workout.