How do you burn 1000 calories by exercise per day?

Options

Replies

• lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure and log your intake?? Just curious why the diet part is not working as you say... I have always kept the exercise separate from the diet part... I lost weight with a deficit and exercised for fitness......

Wow... just want to say a HUGE congratulations over 300lb lost!!! Well done on your journey :)
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I jog for an hour in the morning and then I do an hour insanity work out. those 2 hours work out to be roughly 1000 calories. I did this today and it was over 900 calories. I've also reached it with other hour long work out dvds. hope this helps.
  • Maggie52627
    Maggie52627 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On weekends, I garden maniacally in addition to at least 30 minutes of cardio. I often manage to burn 1000 calories one day per weekend. But I could not do that every day b/c I simply do not have time.

You really need to think about addressing diet as well. I'm not saying you have to starve yourself. But healthy choices will go a long way toward weight loss.
  • sharonnj398
    sharonnj398 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Both my youngest brother (age: 44) and I (age: 47) are wearing the same fitness wristband so I see his burn. I walk mostly, but if he's ahead I dance like no one's watching. Today's calories: 1203.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. You can eat well and exercise and see great results. It's not a diet. It's a healthier lifestyle. I watch what I eat, allow myself treats, but I'm not dieting. I'm eating well and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I don't burn 1000 calories a day. I don't come close. I could if I had the time to run a half marathon every day, but I don't. I can easily burn 350-400 with a good 3 mile run depending on intensity and pace.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 2 lbs per week, by exercising strictly, because dieting is not working for me.

teehee, so you're that special snowflake.

Eat less.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Honest question, what are you going to do if (and that's a big "if") you reach your goal weight by burning 1000 calories a day, every day? You're going to have to exercise for 2-3 hours a day, every day for the rest of your life to maintain that loss?

Ooooor you could just fix your diet and actually have a chance of losing the weight and maintaining said loss.

Well she may not do 1000 everyday, but maybe 600 everyday and 1000 or more every other day. But her stomach will be much smaller and her appetite will adjust to her needs.

Wrong.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Get about 11,000 or 12,000 steps in per day and you should hit that 1k calorie mark
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I get that but I do circuit training,zumba,wiifit u as well as walking several miles per day.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I work as a cook and mfp says I burn around 1,000 per 6 hour shift. I'm not sure if that's exactly right but it does get up to 120 degrees in the back, I lift 50-100 pound trays of pork *kitten*, ribs, and chicken, and I'm constantly moving and sweating.
    So, get a physically demanding job?
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

NO NO NO..... please go on http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ enter you information and find out your TDEE and BMR.

BMR is basically the minimum cals you should eat, TDEE is your maintenance cals. Subtract about 15%-20% off your TDEE to give you your defeicit calorie range. I can guarantee it will be higher than 1200 cals.
    [/quote]

Please take this advice^^

You could eat 1700 calories, burn 500 a day, still have a net of 1200, which will still result in weight loss.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I was also around the same weight when I decided 1 lb per week was too challenging for me and dropped it to .5 lb per week. Months later I seem to have someone commenting on my weight every other day. The time will pass, anyway. Where do you want to be when it does?

That said I do exercise a ton. But I have the time and am highly motivated and actually like to exercise. My 1000+ days happen due to three classes taken on the same day

According to MFP maintaining 170 lbs needs more like 1850 calories. Lop off 250 for a 1/2 lb per week deficit and you have 1600 calories per day. The Zumba class at the minimum should get you back to 1850-1900. Sound more doable? For a small deficit like this, though, you do have to be precise with your logging. Fudging the numbers has more of an impact on success when the target deficit is so small. See links posted by other users above
  • Diet242
    Diet242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Zumba might work
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh and measure and log your intake?? Just curious why the diet part is not working as you say... I have always kept the exercise separate from the diet part... I lost weight with a deficit and exercised for fitness......

Yes, this.