Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• BoresEasily
    Options
    Still crappy but I still managed to get in some activity. I did some 1 legged pushups, 1 legged planks, crawling around on hands and knees(good exercise) and I even managed to do some very very light walking, ie to the bathroom, and kitchen. Yesterday I did none of that, yesterday I crawled or hopped, I did a lot of 1 legged hopping yesterday. DAMN that is really tough. My leg was so tired. I've been doing RICE(Rest Ice Compression Elevation) for those that don't know. Mostly the icing aspect anyway. Putting pressure on it is a no-no so I'm going to be down for a few days. It's still nice and swollen, it looks purdy it's all multicoloured.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Like you kept telling me, take it easy!!! Have you tried any Icy Hot, it helped a lot with my ankle pain. And this may sound weird, put you can also try some Prep H for the swelling. I started out using it for my birds when they would get hurt and then found out all the things it works for on us and now I swear by it for most every thing. I hope you feel better soon.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :sad: BoresEasily, thanks for explaining RICE:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I thought it might have something to do with Ice but the rest was a mystery........I guess that right now while your ankle really hurts it will be easier to stay off it but beware when it starts to feel better because you will want to get those steps......when I look back at the computer graph of my steps I am so sad looking at July when my knee was injured because I got so few steps....even when I could ride the exercise bike and do upper body workouts and yoga, none of that registered on my pedometer so my pedometer thought I was some sort of couch potato :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: my steps yesterday 13,670 with a lot of TV dancing and walking up and down the hall along with almost an hour at the dog park. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, I've heard that Prep H had many uses and now you've confirmed that :bigsmile:
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    As you can see most of my walking comes from work.
    12/23 - 10525
    12/24 - 4185
    12/25 - 2691
    12/26 - 3771
    12/27 - 10375
  • piquilter
    Options
    Santa brought me a fitbit and some accessories for my wii fit plus! I am very excited about all of it and have now lost all of my excuses for not exercising because of weather or whatever. :smile: Even the 40+ inches of snow we have won't work for an excuse anymore :laugh: Really glad someone sent me a link for this topic!!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Good morning Friends! Sorry I was a bit MIA but I am back in the game now. I temporarily lost my pedometer (and some motivation over the holidays) so the past week I haven't logged. I DID, however, do a little over 10,000 steps yesterday and am well on my way today! woohoo!!

Hope all is well with everyone!

PS - PrepH is great for puffy dark under eyes!!!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Santa brought me a fitbit and some accessories for my wii fit plus! I am very excited about all of it and have now lost all of my excuses for not exercising because of weather or whatever. :smile: Even the 40+ inches of snow we have won't work for an excuse anymore :laugh: Really glad someone sent me a link for this topic!!

Welcome:flowerforyou:
    We are glad to have you here.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I've been watching a weight loss show recently that deals with exercise and nutrition and one of the things the show has taught me is that excuses dealing with weather are complete bull. The show is filmed locally and the lower mainland of British Columbia is a rainforest so we get a lot of rain as barbie knows. The weather has not stopped any of the workouts he's had planned in that show. I watched them at the track while it was raining, I watched them paddling 5 or 10K in a torrential rainstorm against the current and I've seen them hiking/running in the snow covered mountains. Just shows you that weather is entirely mental rather than physical.
  • piquilter
    Options
    Woo hoo, it's 6 pm. and I'm at 10, 884!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Managed just over 9000 steps on my walk today and also back on track with my food after 5 days overeating :grumble:
  • robyn0629
    Options
    I've had a pedometer for a while now and have never used it. I too do Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home but never thought to use my pedometer. Can't wait to get started.:bigsmile:
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Not great but better than nothing . . . 8210 today.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm upto 1554 so far today that's just walking very slowly up and down my hallway and I had to go to the store to get some almonds and bananas to sustain life for the week.
    Oh and Butts, it's not my ankle that's acting up. It's the bottom left of my left foot just past the heel that hurts when I walk. And it's the top left of my foot that's swollen and the ankle area is swollen too but that doesn't hurt at all.

I'm happy that I'm able to move around even if I do feel and look like a peg-legged pirate.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have recently began to walk with Leslie Sansone. I have a pedometer on my HRM but I am not sure how accurate it is. I am going to find my clip pedometer and wear them both one day to see how they differ. Today I have done probably closest to 6000 or so.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Welcome to all of you newcomers and to those returning.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm taking a break from jogging and dancing in front of the TV......I've finally found a place to bounce around where I can see the TV and not drive my husband crazy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: the Leslie Sansone Videos are great for indoor exercise.....they may not necessarily match well with your pedometer's account of how far you walk.....my pedometer doesn't pick up a lot of lateral and backward motion but I don't worry about it......if you're movin' you're losin'.........as long as I'm active I'm happy :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: welcome to the new members......it is great to be accountable to others :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily....if both feet/ankles are swollen,it's no wonder that it hurts to walk :cry:
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/28 ~ 16,585

Boreseasily- kick those feet up and give them plenty of rest. we'll all be here waiting for you when they are feeling better.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BoresEasily....if both feet/ankles are swollen,it's no wonder that it hurts to walk :cry:

No, no, no. It's just the left food, it's swollen on the top left of the foot but where it hurts when placing pressure is the lower left area of the foot just past the heel.

Butts, I am resting by moving slowly rather than doing what I want to be doing which is jogging/running/sprinting and trying some really good all around full body movements I've seen lately. Also by doing exercises that don't involve my left foot at all like the one-legged push-ups and planks and some ab exercises.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Logged 10,542 yesterday! It's my personal High! woohoo!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • niceday
    Options
    No better way to start the New Year, Count me in.
    I love using my Pedometer..