Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• BoresEasily
    Options
    I did another 4337 a little while ago. So that's another 2.59 miles. This is hell! By little while ago I mean 3.5 hours ago.
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    peschuntz, I use a Omron pedometer. I's a "very reliable" pedometer. It may be different than the steps you get get on treadmill.Compare and right the differences out on paper, too. That is, when you walk on treadmill.
    I wear mine every day. I LOVE my pedometer. I try for 10,000 steps, usually
    Teresa
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do believe an all time low - 12/18 -4200 steps. A plethora of excuses, none of them valid. I will do better tomorrow, it sucks not being able to add exercise to your daily diary.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I don't think I'll be getting many more in today. Backs of my knees are sore as hell. We'll see though.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/18 ~ 9,618 Didn't make it today, spent a lot of time sleeping to try and get my ankles to stop hurting.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello and I have managed to walk for 4 miles/8000 steps today in very cold, icy and snowy conditions :smile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    12/18 ~ 9,618 Didn't make it today, spent a lot of time sleeping to try and get my ankles to stop hurting.

That's more important than anything. Get rest, forget the steps!
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    12/19 14195 steps, halved the number of dogs I took hiking but went the same distance. Not so good for the dogs I left home, but, hey, they aren't overweight. :wink: :wink:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/19 ~ 13,788 I made it today, but didn't push it, still giving the ankles some rest.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I didn't fall off of the face of the earth but I also haven't been doing well. Walking 1/2 to 1/3 of 10,000 steps and eating too much and the wrong things. Rather than vanish, I wanted to reach out and get back in the game. I am glad to see that so many are doing so well, particularly at this time of year.

P.S. I work as a director in a healthcare facility. Today as luck would have it, a local gourmet restaurant is cooking an entire Christmas dinner and delivering it to our facility for clients and staff. Almost impossible to turn down. I know others in cyberland must be struggling, particularly at this time of year. How are the rest of you guys handling this? Even if you walk 10,000 miles, it's impossible to walk off an entire dinner, replete with stuffing and dessert. Help!!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I haven't done so well. I have a bad knee and it has been slowing me down the last few days. I have been told I need a replacement but I am waiting awhile.

12/18 - 6691
    12/19 - 5831
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 10,224 steps on Saturday 11017 steps on Sunday.......a lot of my steps have been walking and dancing in front of the TV or walking up and down the hall.......it has been cold and windy here and being outside is so bad that even the young cat doesn't want to stay outside for more than a few minutes. :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: it's easier to ride the exercise bike or do arm weight exercises with the TV on but they don't count on the pedometer so I end up annoying my husband by jogging or dancing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SparkleTurnip
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP, and this caught my eye. In a few days, I'll be getting a pedometer (mum had me pick out one of my presents lol), and I can't wait to have an actual number that I can see increase with more walking! I'll be trying to log more than 10,000 steps/day for sure, I walk all over the place lol!:smile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/20 ~ 12,281 My ankles are feeling better tonight, but decided not to push it just yet. Tomorrow's # will be really low, because after my Drs appt. in the am I'm suppose to take it easy all day:(
  • raindancer
    Options
    12/20 9955 :laugh: I never looked at it before bed or I would have made it to 10k.
    At least it was better than the last few days.

Is everyone ready for christmas? I have a fairly light meal planned. Hopefully thats how it works out. :blushing:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I haven't done a thing the last couple of days. The left side of my face is hurting too much to even consider bouncing up and down for jogging in place or being out in the cold. The roots of teeth in the left side are throbbing to the point where I don't want to do a thing. I may see about getting some in today but I just don't know.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    over 14,000 steps yesterday but not so good today with only 6,000.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 13,512 steps yesterday
    the last 3000 were while we were watching the lunar eclipse.....it was cold outside and I jogged back and forth on the porch to stay warm.....I had to be careful because porch was a little bit slippery :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/21 ~ 11,535
  • raindancer
    Options
    12/21- 11827
    That a little better, I had some last minute shopping to do so that helped.