Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: raindancer, congrats on the smaller jeans and keep up the good work with the walking.....it will continue to get better as long as you don't give up :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, you were smart to go to bed.......I'll walk extra to get up to 10,000 but after that, I have to tell myself to go to bed and not fuss about it.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    12/16 ~ 19,291 My highest yet. I'm tempted to stay up longer to get to 20,000, but I know morning will come soon enough.

Wow! That is awesome.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    raindancer, congrats.

I would definitely have stayed up for the extra steps.
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    12/16- 10306 steps, came home from work and shivered on the couch, I have a cold, don't think its fatal but it entitled me to skip out on walking dogs last night.
  • raindancer
    Options
    12/16- 10306 steps, came home from work and shivered on the couch, I have a cold, don't think its fatal but it entitled me to skip out on walking dogs last night.

Hope you are feeing better today:flowerforyou:
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Got 15295 steps for Friday! 15469 steps from Thursday!
    I am thinking that my Pokewalker is definitely pretty far off if being on my feet all day only gives me that many steps compared to everybody else here :tongue: Oh well, it still motivates me to walk more!

@elvie: hope you feel better soon!
  • raindancer
    Options
    I am thinking that my Pokewalker is definitely pretty far off if being on my feet all day only gives me that many steps compared to everybody else here :tongue: Oh well, it still motivates me to walk more!

@elvie: hope you feel better soon!

My grandsons last 2 DS games came with the pokewalker and he doesn't use it. I might check it out campared to my Fitbit.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    My pedometer is off its proverbial rocker. It told me I walked 3km(1.86miles) since I've been awake. I know from gmaps pedometer that I've walked nearly 4miles. My pedometer is raping me of mileage!!!!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options

My pedometer doesn't record a lot of steps if I walk too slow or when wearing certain shoes or if I don't pick my feet up high enough......last summer I worked at the fair in a booth for my business and walked back and forth in the booth for hours and my pedometer didn't count most of those steps

:flowerforyou: last night I got a phone call about 9:30 and walked up and down the hall while we talked for almost 30 minutes and by the time I got ready for bed I had 15,000 steps......walking up and down the hall is a great way to increase the step count. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    :flowerforyou: last night I got a phone call about 9:30 and walked up and down the hall while we talked for almost 30 minutes and by the time I got ready for bed I had 15,000 steps......walking up and down the hall is a great way to increase the step count. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Damn woman, just how long is your hallway??? Mine is about 10 strides.
    I did 7502 and 3.92 miles. None were in front of my computer for a change those steps were all outdoor walking. Walked home from the grocery store last night and then this morning I walked to and from another grocery store.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, didn't quite make it today only 8066 steps walked! :ohwell: will try harder tomorrow!
  • barbiecat
    Options

Damn woman, just how long is your hallway??? Mine is about 10 strides.

My hallway is about 16 steps from the kitchen sink to the far end of the bathroom.......walking back and forth briskly for 30 minutes could easily add up to about 3000 steps.......my hubby finally told me to take off my shoes because I was being too noisy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes. I am on the mend. I will post my daily total now because I'm packing it in to sit on my butt and watch tv.

12/17 - 15037 steps total. It was really far too nice a day not to go for a walk, so the mutts and I went down to the park and chalked up 8000 steps.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/17 I just barely made it today ~ 10,968. My ankles are sore again and I'm calling it a day 2 hrs earlier then normal.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm shooting for 25K-30K today which according to what I've read is 15 miles. I've done 4.07 miles thus far. Only 11 more to go. I'm now ignoring what my pedometer says unless I'm in front of my computer watching a show. It has its head so far up its proverbial butt. So it says 6776 but 2K = a mile and I walked over 4 miles so that's 8K approx.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    . So it says 6776 but 2K = a mile and I walked over 4 miles so that's 8K approx.

I calibrated my pedometer pretty carefully to my stride when I got it and it takes me about 2500 steps to walk a mile. So if you and I walked together I'd have more steps than you do. If I walk too slowly, the pedometer doesn't count to the steps at all.

Today is my day when I won't get too many steps because it's my Isagenix cleanse day and except for dog walking, I sit around a lot more than usual. My hubby likes to watch movies on cleanse day.......he watched Larry King's interview with Al Pacino and decided that we should have an Al Pacino film festival today so now we're watching "Insomnia" and later we'll watch "The Godfather" and maybe the sequels.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, walking over 10,000 steps with sore ankles is amazing :bigsmile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    . So it says 6776 but 2K = a mile and I walked over 4 miles so that's 8K approx.

I calibrated my pedometer pretty carefully to my stride when I got it and it takes me about 2500 steps to walk a mile. So if you and I walked together I'd have more steps than you do. If I walk too slowly, the pedometer doesn't count to the steps at all.

Today is my day when I won't get too many steps because it's my Isagenix cleanse day and except for dog walking, I sit around a lot more than usual. My hubby likes to watch movies on cleanse day.......he watched Larry King's interview with Al Pacino and decided that we should have an Al Pacino film festival today so now we're watching "Insomnia" and later we'll watch "The Godfather" and maybe the sequels.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, walking over 10,000 steps with sore ankles is amazing :bigsmile:

Well that's bunk! That means I have to work harder than anyone to get as many steps. For me to get 25K steps is almost a pipe dream. I guess I'll have to shoot for 20K *grumbles* Damn me for having a longer stride!
  • barbiecat
    Options

Well that's bunk! That means I have to work harder than anyone to get as many steps. For me to get 25K steps is almost a pipe dream. I guess I'll have to shoot for 20K *grumbles* Damn me for having a longer stride!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's what my husband says. :laugh: :laugh:
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Hello :smile: just bumping... might join you pedometer walkers next month, really next year !?!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HI and a very snowy/icy day here but managed to walk 3.5 miles or 7000 steps :smile: