Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tuesday 11110 steps including a lot of jogging while watching TV :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    barbie, you and I are so alike. I've not done any jogging the last few days though, but will be tonight. I have done alright so far today though, up to 7814 without anything in front of the computer. I even did up and down the hall a couple dozen times.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/22 ~ 13,525 Was another slow day, need to work on getting these numbers back up.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    12/22 ~ 13,525 Was another slow day, need to work on getting these numbers back up.

Stop trying to make us all look bad... Slow day! My God!
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    10423 for today
    8136/75min aerobic

just to add, none were in front of my computer they were all outdoors/around town.
  • Buttsmom
    Options

lol sorry:( I know that number isn't much more then everyday walking, so it's not much I'm doing extra. I have a ? too, I see you and others post "none were in front of the computer" what does that mean?
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    12/22- 8347

I hope everyone has a great Christmas. I will continue to wear my fitbit daily but I may not get here to post. I will post it all when I can. Grandson stays on the computer constantly...LOL.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    yesterday was a super day for walking :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: besides line dancing class in the morning, I walked over four miles with a friend in the afternoon and then managed some walking, dancing, and jogging while watching TV for a grand total of 23,586 steps.......I thought it might be a record but I checked the high scores on my pedometer and found that my five high scores are all over 25,000 steps....they were all during the summer and fall when the days were longer with more opportunity for walking outdoors. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/23 ~ I made it to 10,000 plus, but don't want to make anyone feel bad, so we'll leave it at that:wink:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Thursday December 23----line dance, dog park in terrible wind, and a lot of walking and jogging in the house in front of the TV

11,410 steps :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: today we had a huge spread of "goodies" at line dance and I admired everyone's handiwork and then said "no thank you" to all of it :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/24 ~ 15,104 Merry Christmas all
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    3373/32min aerobic

Dammit you beat me to it!
    Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Be sure to treat yourselves, after all.. It's Christmas.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Friday December 24 12,322 steps thanks to line dance, a long walk at the dog park in nasty wind, and a lot of walking, dancing, jogging, etc, around the house and while watching TV
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

today we are going to the movies so I'll be sitting for a long time (no, I don't think I'll try to dance and jog at the movie theatre :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

we have no big eating plans for today so that will be good :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/25 ~ 11,244 Wow the number is low when I don't go to work.
  • BoresEasily
    Options

lol sorry:( I know that number isn't much more then everyday walking, so it's not much I'm doing extra. I have a ? too, I see you and others post "none were in front of the computer" what does that mean?

Usually for me to get upto a high number I need to walk fast/jog in place in front of the computer while watching TV or a movie. But that day involved no jogging in place in front of the computer.
  • BoresEasily
    Options

(no, I don't think I'll try to dance and jog at the movie theatre :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Dammit woman where's your sense of adventure??? Run up and down the aisles.. Kidding of course. I hope you had a great Christmas.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BoresEasliy Thanks for explaining jogging in front of the computer......everything I do at the computer can't be done while jogging, now i know that your jogging in front of the computer is like my jogging in front of the TV

:flowerforyou: there has been only intermittent drizzle today so I was able to go for a real walk.....I tried a new section of the Olympic Discovery Trail that's flat, goes through farmland and past a small airport and has a porta potty.

:bigsmile: Yesterday December 25 13,602 steps primarily indoors
    the dogs and I went out for almost an hour and the rest of my steps were up and down the hall or in front of the TV.....we enjoyed "Little Fockers"......there were a lot of people at the movies.
    smiley-bounce016.gif
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'm going to be off my feet for the next several days. I was in the garage with the punching bag for the first time in months, nearing the end of my workout and I moved back to throw a kick and my ankle twisted right around and caused my leg to give underneath. It's nice and swollen at the moment and I'm having to hop or crawl around the house. I'm using R.I.C.E at the moment and will be keeping it up for the next few days and hopefully I'll see some improvement.

barbie, I still think you should have jogged up and down the aisles. Really glad you enjoyed yourself and well done on getting so many steps in.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    BoresEasily, I am so sorry to hear about your ankle.....I remember when I hurt my knee last summer how hard it was for me to sit and wait for it to heal (actually I was very bad and people threatened to seat belt me to my chair so I'd stay down :laugh: )

Keep us posted about your progress and remember ice is your friend:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/27 ~ 19,068

Boreseasily hows the ankles feeling today?