Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: today was a challenge......I prepared a turkey dinner for friends, had a vet appointment for both cats, had an hour long meeting at noon followed by a two hour visit from a friend and then the dinner party. I walked up and down the hall or jogged in the living room with every spare moment and at 10 PM finally got to 10,000 steps :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Well done to you both.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    12/14-1077
    Hope everyone is doing well. Later.... I am at work.:smile:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I've not done a single step with my pedometer today. I'm thinking about going out for a walk though. I've been up since 7 or 8 last night and haven't done a thing.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, I have had a good day today and reached 15,000 steps!!! but the weather is not looking very good for tomorrow so it might be a different story :laugh: will probably struggle to make it to 10,000
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    According to my pedometer I did 7236 and 6249 were aerobic. But I did the 4 mile Walk Away The Pounds and 1.25 miles of the 3 mile in about 77min. And I wasn't walking like she was, I was jogging or running. I don't think the pedometer is all that great at picking up a lot of those steps. All of the steps were during that 77min. My HRM forced me to do 75min I had just planned to do her 4 mile challenge but my HRM said my workout had to be 75min in length. I think my HRM hates me.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I think my HRM hates me.

Your HRM is not your friend.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: today was my most challenging line dance class----I know that the pedometer doesn't count all the steps but the dancing is great and the thinking required is awesome.......after lunch I met my walking friend for a brisk walk that covered almost two hours and almost five miles including some uphill stretches......After a short rest I loaded up the dogs and went to the dog park where there were birds to keep the dogs entertained while I walked......right now my pedometer is up to 21,000 steps.....I am resisting the urge to jog in front of the TV all evening to try to beat my highest day's total. :laugh:
  • cjduckie
    cjduckie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    12/15/2010 - 9215 Steps without even really trying :drinker: That was just walking to work and back and then shopping for about 90mins... most frustrating thing about the latter - I'm a "fast walker" and get really annoyed when people so-called "amble" in front of me and block my way through. I like to get in and get out when shopping...they should make "slow" and "fast" lanes for shoppers walking around malls etc (not talking about check-out lines) :laugh:
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    First Day with a Pedometer.

SW: 252
    CW: 249
    GW: 160 or so.

5,178 Steps today
    249 Calories burned
    Total Miles 2.36 vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, bathrooms & grocery store.

Tomorrow I am taking 2 dogs to the beach for the first time. GULP.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/15 ~ 18,579 Ankles felt better today:)
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    12/15 - 13150 - Decorated the house for Christmas and grocery shopped so I didn't get out to hike the trails, resulting in a bit of a blah day for steps. The world did not come to an end because I didn't take the mutts for a run AND I had McDonalds for lunch.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I think my HRM hates me.

Your HRM is not your friend.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: today was my most challenging line dance class----I know that the pedometer doesn't count all the steps but the dancing is great and the thinking required is awesome.......after lunch I met my walking friend for a brisk walk that covered almost two hours and almost five miles including some uphill stretches......After a short rest I loaded up the dogs and went to the dog park where there were birds to keep the dogs entertained while I walked......right now my pedometer is up to 21,000 steps.....I am resisting the urge to jog in front of the TV all evening to try to beat my highest day's total. :laugh:

I know it's not my friend that's why it hates me. *smiles*
    I agree with you entirely about it not catching all the steps but moving around is fun in and of itself and I hope you did the jog because that will give me something to try and beat in the next week. I want to do a day where I hit 30-35K still. I've not done anything yet but I'm going to rectify that sometime soon.

Buttsmom, I'm happy to hear your ankle is feeling better, that's great.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    First Day with a Pedometer.

SW: 252
    CW: 249
    GW: 160 or so.

5,178 Steps today
    249 Calories burned
    Total Miles 2.36 vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, bathrooms & grocery store.

Tomorrow I am taking 2 dogs to the beach for the first time. GULP.

Have FUN! I can't wait until summer so I can take my dogs to the beach!!!

So, I only logged 8500 yesterday. I'm sooooo bummed cuz I can't seem to get those extra 1500 steps in. Any suggestions? How on EARTH are people logging over 15000!?!?!?!
  • raindancer
    Options
    12/15-9828

I would have done better but when I got home from work I had to turn around and drive 15 miles back to the pharmacy for hubby.
    By the time I got home I just hit the couch for the night...:frown:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Just made it :smile: 10,304 steps today
  • joycieee
    Options
    Work in the yard? Where do you live, If I were to work in the yard, I'd freeze to death.
    Where did you get that cute cat application above your post? I love it!!
    Joycieee
  • barbiecat
    Options
    In NW Washington it rains and gets warm and snows and gets cold but with the right wool clothing I can go out and work in my yard for 20-40 minutes at a time when the temperature is above freezing and keep my yard looking tidy.

Here is a link to some cute animal pix that you can add to your post or your signature.......you copy the forum code and paste it either on your post or your signature.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons-animals-001.php

I've got over 10,000 steps today thanks to line dance, some puttering in the yard and walking the dogs on the hill three times.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

emoticon-animal-011.gif
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/16 ~ 19,291 My highest yet. I'm tempted to stay up longer to get to 20,000, but I know morning will come soon enough.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Congrats Butts!
  • raindancer
    Options
    12/16-7738
    Another light day. I need to do better, but I am celebrating a small sucess. I am in the next size smaller jeans this morning.:bigsmile: