Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Finally found a battery for my pedometer yesterday. I'm going to try to figure out how to set it up and use it tonight! Can't wait to see what kind of counts I get, especially on days I do Couch 2 5K.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Again I managed to walk for 9,187 steps ...... will try harder to go for 10,000 when i am out tomorrow!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Tuesday December 28 12423 steps
    we had snow flurries today and my Wednesday walking friend has gone to Australia for three weeks so I won’t be walking as much today
    I have been doing more jogging and dancing while watching TV……of course, now that I’m doing that, I don’t have as much time for posting because I used to watch TV and do stuff on the laptop computer at the dining room table….now I keep getting up and jogging for a few minutes

:flowerforyou: Raindancer, I have had the same problem as you……lots of steps on my dance days and fewer without the class to keep me up and moving.

:flowerforyou: Meanness. I look forward to your results with you new pedometer

:flowerforyou: Barty, it won’t take too much more effort to get to 10,000 steps

:flowerforyou: Niceday, I hope you’ll report your steps every day so we can see how you are doing

:flowerforyou: Piquilter, how cool that you have all that indoor exercise stuff…..I spent four winters in Minnesota and remember just how much indoor time there was

:flowerforyou: Kpopa, what a bummer to lose your pedometer…….I misplaced mine for an hour and it made me crazy.

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, I’ve been thinking about the people in BC hiking in the snow and paddling in a torrential rainstorm…..I’m not quite that tough, but this year I decided to do some work in the yard even in the cold and damp and I take my dogs to the off leash park without waiting around for perfect weather….I guess I didn’t read your post carefully……I’m glad that it’s only one foot that’s injured so you can do some one-legged things…….how are you doing today?

:flowerforyou: Robyn, I use my pedometer all the time, not just during workouts and I love seeing the steps accumulate with all the walking I do.

:flowerforyou: Pes, I miss you when you don’t post….don’t be absent so much

:flowerforyou: Kanakake, how did your two pedometers compare? I know that the one I have now, doesn’t count nearly as many steps as my old one did.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, how's your walking today?
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    12/29 ~ 11,206 I got up way to early today and have been tired all day, so a low number for me.
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I could not find my other pedometer anywhere. I know it's here somewhere but finding the right box it's in is going to be tough. However I realized that the pedometer in my HRM tracks the movements of my arm more than my legs so when I walk with Leslie and she is doing hand raises at a different speed than the legs than it doesn't count accuratly so today I made sure I gently pumped my arm matching the movements of my legs and it seemed to give me a higher step count and my distance was closer to "3 miles" than it had been all week. I am not going to give up though I am determined to find my other pedometer to still compare and if I dont I will just buy another one because they aren't that expensive anyways
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: yesterday (Wednesday) 11022 steps
    yes, I jogged around the bedroom to get it over 11,000 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/30 ~ 19,671 I would have broke 20,000 had I not forgot to switch my pedometer when I changed my pants earlier:(
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Barbie, I was doing well until I went and got stupid. I did 8.4 miles on the airdyne but I didn't push it there. I kept it at moderate intervals. But then later in the evening I started doing some walking squats, side straddles up stairs, plyo squats, but the one that seemed to be the worst of the bunch was trying to do a walking lunge. I knew I made a mistake when I went and did that. I had no issues with any of the squats but the lunge was a big no, no. I'll be fine but that was uncomfortable. The most discomfort seems to be coming from the front of the foot, not where I had originally thought.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I am in a holding pattern for now. My computer at home crashed and is in the Geek Squad hospital for a few days. The only Pedometer I have is the fitbit and I have had no luck getting it to sync to our antique computer we reintalled for the time being.
    The fitbit keep its info for a few days. I intend to keep wearing it. Maybe is it is not too long I will still have some info to report.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My friends:flowerforyou:

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR:drinker: :drinker:

See you on the otherside!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    07j8Ai99P.gif

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, you are as bad as I am......I did all sorts of crazy things when my knee was healing.....I hope you didn't do any serious damage

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: raindancer, I am so sorry about your computer :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:sad: :sad: buttsmom, it makes me crazy when I forget to put my pedometer in my pocket when I change pants

:bigsmile: yesterday 15407 steps :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Cortx
    Cortx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i have one (its not a cheap one either) it sucks. I can go walk for an hour and it tells me i lost 20 calories.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Barbie, No, I'm good. I even went for a walk today. I actually side-stepped up a hill which didn't seem to bother it any.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    i have one (its not a cheap one either) it sucks. I can go walk for an hour and it tells me i lost 20 calories.

That's craziness!!! Does it tell you your steps accurately though? I ignore mine for calories burned.
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    12/31 ~ 12,923 Happy New Year all!!!!

Barbiecat ~ I almost did it again today, maybe I need to buy one for every pair of pants:)

Boreseasily ~ Glad you are feeling a bit better.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    12/31 ~ 12,923 Happy New Year all!!!!

Barbiecat ~ I almost did it again today, maybe I need to buy one for every pair of pants:)

Boreseasily ~ Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Thank you Butts. But you must stop showing off! Nearly 20K? Damn lady! Nicely done.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Happy new year to all of you. May your goals become realities in the coming year.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer and really should start to use it, I will start on Monday, The weather is so hot so I am not really walking as much as what I used to but in a way its a good thing because I have been so tired so maybe I should get motivated.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I have a pedometer and really should start to use it, I will start on Monday, The weather is so hot so I am not really walking as much as what I used to but in a way its a good thing because I have been so tired so maybe I should get motivated.

If you don't like taking on the weather you could do stepping/jogging in place in front of the TV or computer. Do something like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds or some other walking in place video.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Happy 2011 to everybody……I am ready for a calendar full of clean pages ready for new adventure and learning new healthy habits.

:flowerforyou: Cortx, my pedometer tells me a lot of things but the only thing that matters is how many steps…..I keep track of my steps and try to do more every day…..I ignore all the rest of the information.

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, I’m glad you are being good to your foot/ankle so you can be back doing all that jogging in front of the computer and doing all the heavy duty exercise that you do.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, if you had a pedometer for every pair of pants then you’d be doing arithmetic at the end of the day adding up all the numbers LOL :laugh:

:flowerforyou: TwiFan, the great thing about a pedometer is that it counts all your steps even the ones as you wander around your house….even if you start with low numbers, you can challenged yourself to do better each day…..if you check in with us every day you’ll get ideas about how to walk more even if the weather doesn’t help you

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My steps for Friday 11857 and yes, I was tempted to jog around the bedroom to get to an even 12,000 but I guess I still have some measure of sanity