Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I got the fitbit up and running but not me so much. only 3188 so far today. Everyone have a great day.

Go HORNFROGS!!
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I allowed myself a bit of a vacation from accountability over the Christmas break. Didn't wear the pedometer, didn't get on the scales, very loosely kept track of my food intake, generally was irresponsible. Back at it this morning with a 4 lb gain to show for my efforts, but that was pretty much expected.

01/1/11 -10617 steps by 6:00 p.m. I seemed busy all day, but not at work and without the dog hike in the afternoon that usually marks my days off, I'm lucky to break 10000. My excuse - it's cold and the dogs shouldn't run on frozen ground. Feeble ain't it.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! I'm starting out the New Year with 12,745 steps and that's before my final walk of the night with my dog. Here's to a healthy start!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    No numbers for me today, somehow I kept resetting the dang thing through out the day:(
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Happy 2011 to everybody……I am ready for a calendar full of clean pages ready for new adventure and learning new healthy habits.

:flowerforyou: Cortx, my pedometer tells me a lot of things but the only thing that matters is how many steps…..I keep track of my steps and try to do more every day…..I ignore all the rest of the information.

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, I’m glad you are being good to your foot/ankle so you can be back doing all that jogging in front of the computer and doing all the heavy duty exercise that you do.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, if you had a pedometer for every pair of pants then you’d be doing arithmetic at the end of the day adding up all the numbers LOL :laugh:

:flowerforyou: TwiFan, the great thing about a pedometer is that it counts all your steps even the ones as you wander around your house….even if you start with low numbers, you can challenged yourself to do better each day…..if you check in with us every day you’ll get ideas about how to walk more even if the weather doesn’t help you

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My steps for Friday 11857 and yes, I was tempted to jog around the bedroom to get to an even 12,000 but I guess I still have some measure of sanity

You know damned well if that were me I would have. I couldn't have left it that close. It would take like a couple of minutes max. I just wouldn't be able to leave it like that. No way, no how.

Leslie Sansone has workouts on Exercise.tv and the scary thing is... The 2 mile intermediate is better than the set of hers that I downloaded awhile back!

I did the 2 mile Intermediate tonight and enjoyed it and probably pushed myself a little harder than I should have. It doesn't hurt but I've not been giving it enough time to properly rest I don't think.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Butts, sorry to hear that you kept getting reset.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: Buttsmom, my pedometer resets automatically at midnight........maybe you can get one like that next time......the first pedometer I had reset itself every time I leaned against anything and it drove me crazy, too

:bigsmile: Saturday steps 11,418 which isn't bad considering that there were several long sit down times during the day and a 90 minute nap :yawn:

:flowerforyou: Pes, good steps yesterday :bigsmile: isn't it great to have a dog that keeps you moving :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Elvie, glad you're back....each day can be new beginning....how cold is it that the ground is too frozen for your dogs and what kind of dogs are they ?

:drinker: :drinker: today is my Isagenix cleanse day so I'm taking it easy......the dogs don't care, they still wanted me to take them to the dog park :laugh:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    1/2 ~ 10,843 a low day for me having the day off from work.
  • MArquilla
    MArquilla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For anyone looking to buy a pedometer...I have the Omron HJ-112... $20 at Amazon. Love it because it canbe in any position...clip it on or throw it in your pocket. ALSO, counts ALL steps but can give you a reading of "aerobic" steps. There IS a difference in sustained walking vs getting up from the couch and going to the frig (but who does that??!) Resets itself every day. Walk on!
  • elvie64
    Options
    Well yesterday 01/02/11 I was a bit of a slug with 6334 steps on the day. Today 01/03/11 was much better with 18112. A trip to Costco and a good two hours out with the mutts. Only parts of the paths were a bit frozen, the fields still had soft snow on them, a great photo op if I'd brought the camera.
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    1/3 ~ 12,438 Spent hrs in the car today:(
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    My foot is hating on me so bad! My foot is still multi-coloured. My toes look nasty. The bruising runs up to the top knuckle on all five toes and the bottom of my foot also has bruising as well as around the the foot. I know that I had planned to slowly do a 2 mile trail walk today and ended up going 10-15% of the way of the first mile before turning back. I'm thinking of getting it looked at. Even though I know what they'll say and do, they'll feel around, ask if it hurts, where it hurts, then say well I don't think it's broken but let's send you in for an x-ray just to be certain.
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    I'm so sorry that it still is bothering you. I agree that's probably what they will say, but I still think maybe you should get it checked out.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Well I have managed over 10,000 steps once this year :laugh: but today it was only 6,000 but I only count steps when I am out walking the dog! perhaps I should try and keep it on all day!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barty, I keep my pedometer on all day because all the steps matter......it encourages me to not sit still around the house and stay active.

:flowerforyou: BoresEasily, when I hurt my knee, I had the chiropractor look at it.....

:sad: my pedometer has been acting weird......On Monday morning I noticed that the clock had set itself to a different time and the steps hadn't reset at midnight.......in the afternoon I noticed that the clock had reset itself again.......this morning the battery was dead......and, yes, I changed the battery before I got dressed.......with the new battery the steps didn't reset to zero so right now I have a three day accumulation of steps and the pedometer says 36,741.....I won't know until tomorrow morning if it will reset itself to 0 at midnight or if there is something seriously wrong.

:flowerforyou: Buttsmom, that is a lot of steps for a day when you were in the car a lot :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: A got a chance to take an hour's brisk walk and then a 40 minute walk at the dog park so I've made my 10,000 steps for today. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    Barbie don't you just hate it when it messes with you like that? :)

Barty I too wear mine all day, that's what gets my numbers up.

1/4 ~ 13,674

I have to go in for surgery in the am, so far I haven't decided if I'm leaving my pedometer off tomorrow or not.
  • elvie64
    Options
    01/04/11 - 15069 steps. Relatively happy with that and it did not snow overnight so I've got no excuses for today either. I was experiencing some heel pain yesterday, I can't believe how relieved I was to find out it was just cracked dry skin (ick). Usually heel pain for me means new runners are in order - not this time!

So tell me again slowly how you can get cumulative steps over a few days, I'm liking that idea <g>.
  • nevergoingback2011
    Options
    Woo Hoo :) I can handle this for sure!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: the cumulative steps on my pedometer was an aberration caused perhaps by the battery dying.....today it was fine and said 0 when I got up and seemed to be keeping time and steps accurately.....:sad: unfortunately because of "operator error" :laugh: I left the pedometer on the bookshelf when I changed from line dance pants to dog walking pants so I got to the dog park with no pedometer :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: I couldn't seem to shake the feeling that I wasn't really walking if I didn't have a pedometer in my pocket to count the steps:laugh: but I'll get over it and have to remind myself that the low total isn't the real number.....I have about 9000 steps now and it should be closer to 12,000
  • Buttsmom
    Options
    I left the pedometer on the bookshelf when I changed from line dance pants to dog walking pants so I got to the dog park with no pedometer :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

See my idea for a pedometer for every pair of pants would have come in handy:wink: