Can't finish my 97 cal lunch?!?! Too full!

Options
123457»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1500 a day typically and I'm starving ALL.THE.TIME.

I'm perfectly satisfied on less than 1,500 calories a day. So clearly you are lying because it couldn't possibly be that two people have two different experiences.

Nope. That can't be it.

I'm not saying they can't- but 1000-1200 is just not that much food. And unless you're exceptionally short- it's perfectly normal to be able to consume 1000+ calories without any issues in the day.
  • sparrowlostboy
    sparrowlostboy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cersei-more-wine.gif

This!
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    The only thing missing is a kitteh GIF so...

200.gif

BINGO!
  • cosmo8954
    Options
    It can super exciting to see the scale drop like that, but in the long run it may hurt you. When you have a lot of weight to lose your body needs more calories than some one who has less weight to lose.(Believe me I know I have a whopping 140 pounds to lose). The thing is if your not eating enough eventually your body will stop losing weight because it will go into starvation mode. When this happens your body will actually stop burning fat and your metabolism will slow down. Then you either gain weight or stay the same. Also are you eating realistically? Eventually you will reach your goal and then what happens? You start eating all those things that made you fat in the first place and before you know it your up 10, 20, 30 or more pounds. Instead exercise at least 5 days a week. (this is where I struggle) . Eat a healthy diet, but do allow yourself to eat the things that you normally would, the trick is to find healthy versions of the things you love. If you're just starting your "diet", cravings for sweets and salt can be overwhelming. When I first started this journey in February (and I've done this journey many times throughout my life) I started on Nutrisystem. I lost 15 pounds and then switched to my fitness pal which yeah is free and more practical. However, what Nutrisystem did do for me was to help me stop craving salt, fat and sugar, it taught me portion control and that what I was choosing to eat was more important than how much I ate. I allow myself to have pancakes-1/3 cup of hungry jack mix' or two 4 inch diameter pancakes with strawberries, I have ice cream- fudge bars or orange cream bars only have 80 calories. I eat brownies -Fiber 1 yum. And I love protein bars they taste like candy to me- just limit the calories and carbs on the ones you choose I never eat one that has more than 200 calories (my favorite is a Mint chocolate cookies crunch bar by Balance). By allowing myself these healthy options of the foods I've always loved I don't feel deprived and for the first time in my life I know when I reach my goal I can continue to eat this way for the rest of my life. Know when I eat things that are sweet or fatty or salty they don't taste good to me and I can walk away from them. So anyway I've definitely rambled on, but my point is eat and live like you want to live for the rest of your life.
  • juliannebehnke
    Options
    I'm not even taking the time to read all of these comments, as there are far too many. If your words were sensible and kind, thank you. If you attacked or ridiculed, shame on you.

It seems from some of the posts that I did read that an assumption was made that my complete diet consists of salad and tea.

We all know the old saying about what happens when you ASSUME, right? LOLOL

Taking what I thought was sensible information and gaining from it, and ignoring insults and shame. Not one of us need that in our lives.

Have a nice day!

Thank you all for your time. No need to reply further to this post. I will likely not be reading any further. I think I've read quite enough banter. :laugh:
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?
    Because we ate the wrong choices of food. Maybe now she doesn't eat chips or drink wine...those really add up. Now she is trying to eat healthy foods.
    OP, like someone else said, add avocado, nuts, cheese, and seeds..those add up in calories. Full fat yogurt also helps. Good luck!

Did I read this right? Don't eat chips or drink wine....those really add up. Add avocado, nuts, cheese and seeds...those add up.

Moderation kids..

Saying don't drink wine is blasphemy.
    I said MAYBE she doesn't..... I would never EVER say not to drink wine. I still have that and chocolate almost daily. But possibly before the journey she didn't pay any attention to the calories in those things that are so easy to go down.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal, banana and a protein shake for breakfast. It equaled to just over 400 calories. I'm about to go on the elliptical so I'll probably get half of those back.

I got fat from not eating, but from drinking a ton of soda. I could go through a 12 pack in 24 hours. I also didn't eat breakfast or lunch, and then gorged myself at dinner. That's how I got fat.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I had oatmeal, banana and a protein shake for breakfast. It equaled to just over 400 calories. I'm about to go on the elliptical so I'll probably get half of those back.

I got fat from not eating, but from drinking a ton of soda. I could go through a 12 pack in 24 hours. I also didn't eat breakfast or lunch, and then gorged myself at dinner. That's how I got fat.

sooooo to many calories.

got it.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

sooooo to many calories.

got it.

Yes but not from food. I drank them. I am off soda now and it was hard to see how little I actually ate. Food wise I was getting maybe 600. The rest was all soda and some junk.
  • roeroe5
    roeroe5 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have days where I don't eat a lot and don't feel like shoving food in my face. Honestly, I don't have many of those days, because if I did I probably wouldn't be on MFP! :laugh: So, if this is a day or two thing, no need to worry. Stick with healthy foods. If you feel like you need some energy, but don't want to eat, then eat some calorie-dense-but-healthy foods like nuts and avocado, etc. But, if this is a going-on-for-weeks thing, something is just NOT right, I would say.

Also, after a few days of not eating much, if you have a day where you are freakin' hungry, go with it... just don't go crazy. Eat sensible, healthy foods. If you go over some on your daily goal, don't sweat it because you just had a couple days where you were under. It averages out.
    Thank you for explaining. Nice to see such a post! .....over weight people are pretty sensitive, harsh, forceful comments are not the way to go, shame on those who seldom have anything nice to say.
  • saddleclub122
    Options
    Honestly this is a very bad idea. I went through exactly what you are saying. I lot 40 pounds in a very short period of time, and got into the stages of anorexic and eating disorder behavior. That was not the worst of it---I gained it all back and was DEVASTATED. im begging you, DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS BEHAVIOR. you will regret it and i would hate for anyone else to go through what i went through this past year. I am only 15.