what do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• lexi1734
    Options
    I tend to switch it up so I don't fall off the wagon..

Currently: Plain Quakers oatmeal (1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water), and I chop up one sm /med size banana (or about 5 strawberries) and mix together. No SugaR.. JUST PLAIN! The fruit adds enough sugar.

Occasionally: 1 Over easy egg, and 1 piece of English muffin toast with a couple cut up peppers and onions.

I also really like scrambled eggs (2-3 eggs when I scramble them) w/ some diced up steak, peppers, and onions.

Or on the go with no time to spare a yogurt parfait from the gas station.

Most of the time I have some frozen fruit I can toss into my PLAIN GREEK YOGURT as well, which is quick and easy.
  • BradfordBear801
    Options
    2 scoops whey, 1 cup water 1.5 cups liquid egg whites, blue berries, oatmeal, coconut oil, blend and enjoy!
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Since I'm currently experimenting with intermittent fasting - fasting 20 hours, eating for 4 hours starting at 4pm - I have no breakfast. No lunch either - lol.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Today it was Light and Fit blueberry yogurt, 2 containers, a handful of black sweet cherries, and a hard boiled duck egg.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello AlexSondra34. When I need a hearty breakfast I go for Egg Beaters. Low in calories, high in protein, very filling. AND you can have a good amount of them so you stay satisfied longer. I scramble in whatever sounds good (i.e., ham, veggies, turkey bacon, cheese) and have the scramble with a frozen waffle or slice of multigrain toast. Seems to do the trick every time. Best of luck!
  • Lavitacf
    Options
    I enjoy two small gala apples sliced (or one medium apple), 1/3 cup of Stoneyfield organic lite vanile yogurt, sprinkle some nutmeg and cinnamon, then add 1/2 serving of granola w/raisins, stire in a bowl and you are ready to go. This fills me up for morning breakfast. If you need more protein and fat, have a side boiled egg.
  • sash_bagoshh
    sash_bagoshh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat one piece of wheat toast, plain yogurt and blueberries. Every single morning, and no..I don't get tired of it :)
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I generally have a protein smoothie and a cup of coffee. I use Sun Warrior Warrior Blend Vanilla vegan protein powder and mix it with frozen fruit (strawberries or pears recently) and almond milk, ice, and some water. I add some flax seed and today I started adding egg whites to up my protein since I couldn't get enough in through the day. On weekends I have an egg sandwich with fried egg, canadian bacon, on an english muffin.
  • Lavitacf
    Options
    You are right Oriole, I love cooking the groat oats at night and having them ready by morning, DELICIOUS!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast every day:

-Overnight oats (1 Fat Free Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, combine, let sit overnight)
    -Dr. Mcdougall's - Organic Instant Oatmeal Light Maple Brown Sugar + 1/4 cup Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned 100% Natural Whole Grain
    -Keurig K-Cup - black, 2-3 cups
    -1 protein bar

Calories – 660
    Carbs – 91g
    Fat – 11g
    Protein – 51g
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a breakfast bowl consisting of two left over boiled, red fingerling potatoes and scrambled egg whites with a dash of parmessan and cayenne pepper. It was filling, high in protein and around 201 calories.

This morning I had a cup of old fashioned oatmeal with vanilla almond milk, 1 scoop of vanilla protein and a sprinkle of Saigon cinnamon. It tastes more like rice pudding than oatmeal which made me very happy. :) - This will keep me filled past lunch time.

Experiment in the kitchen is what I say. ;)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A Quest bar right after I woke up, and then brunch because I can't eat at work today...egg sandwich! Three eggs, American cheese, mayo with olive oil, whole wheat bread, and some bananas foster Greek yogurt. My breakfast varies from day to day, except I always have yogurt with it for the protein.
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is1 slice of Natures Own honey wheat bread toasted. Top with crunchy or smooth peanut butter while still warm. This is healthy and sticks to your ribs til' lunch...:tongue:
  • jstewa40
    jstewa40 Posts: 27
    Options
    For the corn tortilla's are you guys using regular corn tortillas like that come in the taco kits or do you use low fat ones? Asking because I once used some low fat corn tortillas to make fish tacos with and the low fat corn tortillas were crumbly and nasty tasting.
  • MrNundy
    MrNundy Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When on form, I have the same breakfast of Scrambled eggs with no milk or salt added. Though you may need a laxative after a couple of days....
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs. They are simple.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having my favorite breakfast-a spinach and egg taco.

1 cup frozen cut leaf spinach, sauteed in .5 tbsp butter
    1 large fried egg (cooked in non-stick pan without butter)
    1 flour tortilla, taco size, warmed in pan
    Hot sauce

It comes in just under 300 calories so it's easy to double if you want a bigger meal.
  • Nikki_Yaz
    Nikki_Yaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I never ate breakfast before.. never had time.. but the quickest thing I found now is oats. I get the quaker old fashioned oats plain. 1/2 cup dry... slice up a banana and add a pinch of cinnamon.. it's filling and taste slightly like Banana bread. Doesn't take more then 5 minutes to make via microwave. You can doctor it up with fruits.. I stick with berries,.. blueberry strawberry raspberry and black berries.. sometimes the occasional cherries... berries have the lowest cals. You can stock up on frozen berries from like Sams Club or other Wholesale vendors take a cup out at night let them thaw in the fridge to be ready for the morning! Hope this helps :)
  • mrsdmiller74
    mrsdmiller74 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just found out there is whole wheat pancake mix by hungry jack. So Saturday will be a good breakfast for us with the pancakes, egg whites and the turkey bacon, but usually we have yogurt, shakes, grits, oatmeal, quick and on the go. I think Saturday breakfast will be great it will be a sit down meal for us
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just found out there is whole wheat pancake mix by hungry jack. So Saturday will be a good breakfast for us with the pancakes, egg whites and the turkey bacon, but usually we have yogurt, shakes, grits, oatmeal, quick and on the go. I think Saturday breakfast will be great it will be a sit down meal for us

is it the just add water kind or the add egg milk and oil kind?

If its the latter - use 2 egg whites for ever 1 whole egg in the recipe and instead of oil, use Applesauce at a 1:1 ratio (although I do like it 1.5 table spoons of Applesauce to 1 tablespoon oil). I then add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract and a good amount of Cinnamon....now you have "Crusher's Cinnamon Apple Flap Jacks"...ENJOY!!!