what do you have for breakfast?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• arlevins
    arlevins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Fresh Blueberries. And almost always a coffee with some cream :)
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    My 2 new favs are Overnight Banana Bread Oatmeal(on MFP) and Bacon and Leek Crustless Quiche(see below)

2 lg eggs
    2 egg whites (egg beaters work well for this)
    1 small can evaporated milk
    1 tsp mustard
    6 oz bacon or ham
    2 large leeks
    4oz crumbled goat cheese
    1 tsp dried thyme
    Ground Pepper to preference
    Chili powder or cayenne - optional

heat oven to 400
    Coat 9" pie pan with cooking spray

whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard, thyme and pepper. fry bacon, save 1 tsp grease. Slice the white to light green part of leek lengthwise, then across making 1/4" half rounds. throw dark green parts away. rinse leeks in water to get all dirt out, then pat dry. add leeks to leftover bacon grease and saute until lightly browned on edges. chop/crumble bacon to less than 1 in pieces. (if using ham, use 1 tsp oil to quick saute it and then add 1 for the leeks)

Add leeks to bottom of pie pan, top with bacon and goat cheese. Add egg mixture, give pan a little shake to make sure eggs get in between everything. bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until just set. serves 6 (i usually only get 4 out of it, it is soooo good!) It will keep for a few days in the fridge or you can freeze it. just reheat in microwave or eat cold. Optional item, add cooked potatoes for starch or toast on the side.
  • GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like the overnight oatmeal. Mix together 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup old fashion oats, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and if I use frozen or dried fruit (dried cranberries or raisins, or frozen blueberries or raspberries) I mix those in right away too, and then cover and put in the fridge overnight. They next day I heat it in the microwave and add a sweetener (honey or sugar, or stevia, or splenda depends what I'm in the mood for) Today I added a 1/2 scoop of protein powder too.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Usually, a G2 and a Fiber One brownie. That's just enough to last until lunch, tastes good, and gets me fiber I need. And don't worry about them being so good you're afraid you'll pig out on them (like I was). They're self-limiting, you'll only make that mistake once! XD
  • trisarahtops827
    Options
    Oatmeal or cereal with skim milk. or a sammich. :B
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Loves omlets
  • dpackel
    dpackel Posts: 3
    Options
    I cannot do carbs for breakfast or I crash about 10 am, so I always have eggs(boring) or I microwave a few strips of Jennio Turkey Bacon. It seems to be the best tasting turkey bacon I can find. Very quick and satisfying.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    2 boiled eggs
    grits (artificial sweetner)
    Turkey sausage links

About 300 calories and very filling. I'm a big guy and it keeps me through lunch and beyond. Today I had to MAKE myself eat lunch
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Protein bar. I'm lazy. And I act like a college student in the morning. I get up at 7:15 an and leave the house at 7:30 am.
  • rachaelmariegee
    rachaelmariegee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have a "brunch", combined brekkie and lunch, to keep me going till dinner, which consists of a nice salad.
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    Ugh, I'm so bad at having breakfast!

I usually have a black coffee or nothing :P Sometimes a cappuccino on a good day!

I like avocado on toast for lunch though, that could be a good breakfast :) Maybe with some smoked salmon... yum!
  • alexsondra34
    alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for all the replies; it seems oats and eggs reign supreme in the breakfast championship .

I've gathered some nice inspiration from your replies so thanks again!!:smile:
  • weightnotanymore
    Options
    Protein Shake
  • cosmo8954
    Options
    I don't like eggs so I always have yogurt for my protein then for a starch I have one of the follwing:1) Cream of wheat made with 1/2 water and 1/2 unsweetened soymilk,raisins and splenda brown sugar. 2.) 1/3 cup hungry jack complete mix (makes 2 pancakes) w/ 5 mushed strawberries mixed with 1 tbsp. sugar free syrup 3.) 1-2 eggo nutrigrain low fat waffles w/strawberries and syrup 4) homemade granola 1/4 cup in my yogurt.
  • r8ph
    r8ph Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @alexsondra34 To me, your breakfast does not seems very nutritious. Cut out the margarine (bad habit) and replace the jam with something more filling and healthier.

I'll suggest you to put some avocados, tomatoes, little slice of ham or an egg on your morning toasts. Or just put some natural nut butter (forget the brands like Kraft or anything processed) and accompagny it with fresh fruits like papaya, berries or whichever fruit you prefer!

Here are some other suggestions:
    - Oatmeal (don't eat the oatmeal packets, too processed. Just buy a bag of regular oatmeal. Add fruits in it, walnuts, chia seeds and maple syrup.
    - Natural cereals (like Nature's Path), add fruits, walnuts and skimmed milk.
    - I like smoothies, here is an example: One banana, fat free plain yogurt, cappuccino soy milk (or almond milk), chia seeds, walnuts and cinnamon.
    - Do yourself some pancakes or waffles: wheat organic flour, 1 egg, skim milk. As toppings you put fat free plain yogurt, fruits like strawberries, mangos, nuts, seeds (chia, hemps, wheat germ, ground flax, ...).
    - If you feel more salty: bake an omelett filled with veggies like mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes, bell peppers. You could top with an homemade avocado and tomatoes salsa.
    - Or just create your own healthy version of McMuffin: an egg, one slice of bread, ham and some cheese.

Breakfast is my all time favorite, oh my gosh! I can't wait tomorrow morning to eat it again lol. I hope you enjoy my suggestions :)
  • xael1234
    xael1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually one serving gluten free rice krispies and 1/2 serving rice milk or 2 servings egg beaters with green peppers and one slice food for life gluten free bread. (allergies to gluten/wheat) and need to have low sodium diet so somewhat limited. some days just fresh fruit
  • Mary8812443132
    Options
    Hi dear
    Check this link: http://foodeaser.com/en/recipes/?s=egg+milk
    Foodeaser dot com is a social network for food! you can search and write experiences or recipes...
    Regard