Hugh Jackman Deadlifts 400 pounds

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Questions please....
    What the hell is "natty" and why would lifting straps (I assume for your hands) be a bad thing?
    Help a fella out!

I was totally getting ready to ask this.

Any bros want to help us non-bros out?

natty = natural = no steroids/gear/juice
    lifting straps - not for your hands persay- they go around your wrist- and wrap to the bar- so you take your grip out of the equation- you can pick the bar without actually holding it pretty much.
    It's hard on the joints/wrist- but if you are failing a lift purely because of grip- not leg strength- it helps.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    For me, I am 6'1"
    I am working towards 400#, so I think it is pretty good he got it.

I did 350# last week, for 4 reps.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Above 225# I use my straps.
    I want to get the lift done before my grip on the bar gives out.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Some bros may be jelly of the natty or non-natty status of Hugh Jackman; then again, at his age, demands on his body, who cares?!? The dude can dead a 1/5 of a ton.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    2yjq8o9.jpg
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    2yjq8o9.jpg

I'd hit it.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Props to anyone who can pull 400 off the floor. Not sure about the rest of the silliness, but that takes some above average strength.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    2yjq8o9.jpg

I'd hit it.
    I'd hit that...
    2003XMenUnitedWolverine.jpg
    three times
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    We were just discussing Hugh Jackman in the office today. This guy is a beast!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have an opinion: Good for him!
  • jhc7324
    jhc7324 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I tend to leave the straps off until my final heavy set, and then strap up for the last set for reps, and for accessory work (10 reps at lower weight). My grip hasn't been a limiting factor at all, and I'm close to 400 at 175 body weight.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I tend to leave the straps off until my final heavy set, and then strap up for the last set for reps, and for accessory work (10 reps at lower weight). My grip hasn't been a limiting factor at all, and I'm close to 400 at 175 body weight.

Better man then me.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    these guys have access to HGH different than steroids. In Hollywood the stars have access to ANYTHING. How do you think Ben Affleck gained 40lbs in 3 months for batman?
  • TwinkieDong
    Options
    I would say height and weight have some correlation to it as well.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    these guys have access to HGH different than steroids. In Hollywood the stars have access to ANYTHING. How do you think Ben Affleck gained 40lbs in 3 months for batman?

*cough* you mean Affleckman. He is not Batman, and never will be.

So what does the HGH do, and would that be considered non-natty?
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less about how much he deadlifts, whether or not straps/vests are cheating, or "bro science".
    What I DO care about is that when I open up a discussion about Hugh Jackman, I want to see lots of pictures of Hugh Jackman. This thread is a miserable failure..

tumblr_m5zqkcP7Ck1rooebp.gif
  • TwinkieDong
    Options

*cough* you mean Affleckman. He is not Batman, and never will be.

So what does the HGH do, and would that be considered non-natty?

In addition to offering the wonderful benefits, that are offered by Anabolic Steroids (muscle building, increase in energy levels and physical tolerance), HGH can retract the signs of aging. Growth Hormone supplementation promises - greater cardiac output, normal blood pressure levels, improved cholesterol levels, enhanced immune system functioning of the body, better sexual performance, a younger, tighter, firmer and wrinkle-free skin, hair re-growth, increased bone density, stronger bones and reduced chances of developing bone fractures, and perked up energy levels. (http://www.hgh.org/Steroids-Vs-Human-Growth-Hormone.html)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    rabbit hole found, investigation, engaged.

I'm really <expletive> tired of knee rehab. Might have value.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less about how much he deadlifts, whether or not straps/vests are cheating, or "bro science".
    What I DO care about is that when I open up a discussion about Hugh Jackman, I want to see lots of pictures of Hugh Jackman. This thread is a miserable failure..

tumblr_m5zqkcP7Ck1rooebp.gif

winner winner chicken dinner.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    400 sounds pretty normal for a guy with his history and mass. I'd be surprised if he couldnt do 500+. I'm pretty sure he could.

He's been deadlifting for maxes for years, I've seen pics of DL maxes for a long time now. A guy with his experience and size should have no problem hitting 455+ for 1 rep.

I would also be surpised if he was natural. This is Hollywood. Expecting a paid performer to be natural is like expecting a Tour de France top 20 rider to be drug free.

these are my thoughts