Tell us something about where you live?

Options
cat_monster
cat_monster Posts: 51 Member
Hello,

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I would encourage you all to visit, great place with lots of history and a huge arts festival! Where do you live and what do you like about it?

Cat Monster

Replies

• sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I live in Murfreesboro, TN. We are home to the World's Largest Cedar Bucket. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_Largest_Cedar_Bucket

We are also the geographic center of Tennessee.

Murfreesboro was the state capital from 1818-1826.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Visiting Scotland would be AMAZING if I could afford it. :/

I'm from Ravenswood, WV. It, and much of the surrounding area, used to be owned by George Washington. Our neighboring town is mildly famous for it's extravagant Independence Day celebrations. There a lot of boat traffic on the Ohio river, which forms the western border of our town.

Also, until a few years ago, we had the highest number of churches per square mile in the US. Weeeee.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire, gods own county 3 national parks and the coast too and the best people

enhanced-buzz-6907-1369395005-1.jpg
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Mississauga, Ontario - It's the sixth most populated city in Canada and our mayor is 93 and has been mayor since 1978/36 years. Also, its directly beside the coolest city in Canada - Toronto. hehe.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Dayton Ohio.

In the short time I've been living here, we had a cop kill a guy in Wal-Mart for brandishing a BB gun, a kid stumble upon a hanging corpse in an abandoned house, an metro bus driver frame three black kids for attacking him on the job (claimed a bible stopped a gunshot or some nonsense like that) due to financial distress at home. And there's also a guy here with 27 kids by 17 mothers.

I love my new city.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I live in Tunis, Tunisia. I live in a northern suburb and I LOVE it because this is within walking distance:
    sidi_cafe_aussicht__813905a.jpg

As is this....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo4zATUX1VNGIhhA9Ir0JcXpiPoGHiuoibu5AblgszfX55dnVl1g

And I get to buy my produce here: 1509249_810926098917789_4013473999574780242_n.jpg

I LOVE it here!
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    720 square kms island, as a result we get the best feature of the desert and the best feature of islands: 80% humidity, temp up to 45C (114F or something).

Can't say I don't love every bit of that though. Half the population drives SUVs.

Just a quick post, maybe I'll write more later
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vancouver....Washington State. Also known as 'The other Vancouver." Not in Canada, We are right across the Columbia river from the infamous Portland, Oregon, and most of the people who live in my town work over there.

The best thing about this area is that it's the Pacific Northwest, and you can drive to the most majestic tourist attractions in the continental U.S. Two hours drive to the west is the Pacific Ocean, miles and miles of unspoiled rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.. One hour drive to the North is Mt. St. Helen's Volcanic Monument, which exploded in 1980. One hour drive to the East is the Columbia River Gorge, home of Multnomah Falls. Another hour to the South East will put you on top of 12,000 ft tall Mt. Hood. Three hours to the South is Lavabeds National Monument, Crater Lake, and a host of other mountain lakes to play on in Oregon. Seattle is about four hours north. And Canada about 5 hours.

It's not all fabulous on the Upper Left Edge, though. We are famous for the rainiest winter weather on the continent, with Seattle holding the record for the most rainy days in a row anywhere on the planet. So don't bother to move here....just come be a tourist in the summer time.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I live in Toronto...centre of the universe (google Toronto centre of universe), home of Mayor Rob Ford, the CN tower--second tallest structure in the world, and Yonge Street the longest street starts here.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I live in Tunis, Tunisia. I live in a northern suburb and I LOVE it ....

Omigosh I am so incredibly jealous! I can't imagine being somewhere that wonderful ALL the time.
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I live where the grass is blue, and the horse population probably out-numbers the people. (not really though) Oh, and we have really good fried chicken.
  • corehawk
    corehawk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I live where the grass is blue, and the horse population probably out-numbers the people. (not really though) Oh, and we have really good fried chicken.

Those basketball players ain't bad either!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Central Coast California. I get to see this on a regular basis....

10621932_974128939280954_1717431870_n_zps1f8291ce.jpg
    **I actually just took this picture this morning on my way to Big Sur**

I live in California's beautiful central coast wine country region.
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Dayton Ohio.

In the short time I've been living here, we had a cop kill a guy in Wal-Mart for brandishing a BB gun, a kid stumble upon a hanging corpse in an abandoned house, an metro bus driver frame three black kids for attacking him on the job (claimed a bible stopped a gunshot or some nonsense like that) due to financial distress at home. And there's also a guy here with 27 kids by 17 mothers.

I love my new city.

Dayton also has a wonderful art museum and was the home of the Wright Brothers.
  • bkthandler
    Options
    I live in Tunis, Tunisia. I live in a northern suburb and I LOVE it because this is within walking distance:
    sidi_cafe_aussicht__813905a.jpg

As is this....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo4zATUX1VNGIhhA9Ir0JcXpiPoGHiuoibu5AblgszfX55dnVl1g

And I get to buy my produce here: 1509249_810926098917789_4013473999574780242_n.jpg

I LOVE it here!

WOW....You win:happy:
  • alijoanxo
    Options

Those basketball players ain't bad either!

That's true!
  • bkthandler
    Options

The Bourbon, what about the Bourbon? You can bike the Bourbon Trail...Bourbon and cardio...what could be better?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We live in Columbia, the capital of South Carolina, USA. We have a local United Nations Biosphere Reserve, Congaree Swamp National Park.

Description of the climate given me by a local with a strong southern drawl: For nine months of the year, it's lovely. Then we have three months of HELL. August is one of those months. There is always something in bloom. In August, it's the crepe myrtles.

As a leftist, atheist Yankee, I am a fish out of water here.
  • alijoanxo
    Options

The Bourbon, what about the Bourbon? You can bike the Bourbon Trail...Bourbon and cardio...what could be better?

Absolutely nothing! Pretty sure I live in the greatest place on Earth ;)
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I would encourage you all to visit, great place with lots of history and a huge arts festival! Where do you live and what do you like about it?

Cat Monster

Been there. Love the Greyfriers Bobby story!