Tell us something about where you live?

Options

Replies

• arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    We have Mickey Mouse i guess. .. ... .... ......

I hate it here and i want to travel!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Israel. My neighborhood is built on a hill, surrounded by huge gorgeous hills. Amazing sunset and view. Life is great here :) Lately though, life has been interrupted by the occasional siren -- warning us to go into our bomb shelters :(

My experience living in South Lebanon near Qana was similar.. Really spectacularly beautiful country and gorgeous sunset views... No bomb shelters though.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    720 square kms island, as a result we get the best feature of the desert and the best feature of islands: 80% humidity, temp up to 45C (114F or something).

Can't say I don't love every bit of that though. Half the population drives SUVs.

Just a quick post, maybe I'll write more later
    Saudi Arabia's Las Vegas. :wink:

Hah. Nope
  • mrfreestyle
    mrfreestyle Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Pretoria, South Africa.

Simply the best city in the world

PTA1_zpsdc23c775.jpg

And we have some of the most exciting weather on the planet.

biglightning_zps893d698c.jpg

lightningcomposite_zpsa048bdd2.jpg
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I would encourage you all to visit, great place with lots of history and a huge arts festival! Where do you live and what do you like about it?

Cat Monster

I LOVED visiting Edinburgh, it is so beautiful.

I live in Melkbosstrand , Cape Town, I can see Koeberg Nuclear Power Station from my front yard.

Regarding the previous post, I was born in Pretoria!,
  • Creiddylad
    Options
    I live on the south coast of England and sometimes take for granted what a lovely area this is.

just been away on a business trip 'up north' as we say around here. Although the countryside was nice up there and the town etc. we were in was ok, I wouldn't want to live there. Coming back home on the train across London was also hell. I know some people love the hustle and bustle of city life - but not me. I wouldn't care if I never had to set foot in London again. The closer we got to my home county, looking out through the window I realised how lucky I am. It's a lovely part of the world - coastline and sea one one side - green and rolling downland hills on the other, fertile farmland, historic buildings, lots to do, places to visit ... everything right on the doorstep. Back in my little house, driving around familiar streets in my car, doing my shopping, taking my kids to their part-time jobs - I realise how lucky I am to live in such a clean, safe and really quite beautiful part of the world.
  • plaquechoco
    Options
    I live near Geneva, Switzerland. I love this area because of the beauty of the lake, the cosmopolitan town, the Alps nearby. Some of the world's greatest ski slopes are just over an hour drive away. You can practice just about any sport around here.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Fun thread!

I live in Savannah, Georgia, USA. I absolutely love this town. Quirky and eccentric people, live oak trees dripping with spanish moss, flowers all throughout the mild winter, and an incredibly diverse population in terms of race, religion, and politics. The marshes have dolphins playing and people fishing and boating. The beach is the craziest, white trashiest beach ever (omg SO many cigarette butts and beer cans). Our St. Patrick's Day celebration is legendary. Savannah is also one of the most haunted cities in America (yes that's a thing).

I could go on, but tl;dr...

I have lived quite a few places in the US, Europe and Asia. Savannah is my favorite place I've ever lived. :drinker:
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    west Texas - smack dab in between Lubbock, Abilene and Midland - middle of nowhere on 10 acres. Step out at night and listen to the coyotes call to each other and our horses grazing. Still have open skies and true country back roads.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    oh if were doing show and tell...

low-petergate-york.jpg

Closest city to me

staithes-x790.jpg

on of the many costal villages round here

Flamborough-coast-008.jpg

my favourite place for a stroll along the cliff tops

BvBybg0CYAAIxUI.jpg

this is what i see when i walk out of my village

BvanKFbIEAAsvCu_zpsd7c1a2dc.jpg

oh and this footpaths runs adjacent to my place of work

9959_cleveland_way_sunset.jpg
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    *drooling* Let's do a home exchange for a week. I'm 5 kilometers from the ancient city of Carthage and Mediterranean sea.
    oh if were doing show and tell...

low-petergate-york.jpg

Closest city to me

staithes-x790.jpg

on of the many costal villages round here

Flamborough-coast-008.jpg

my favourite place for a stroll along the cliff tops

BvBybg0CYAAIxUI.jpg

this is what i see when i walk out of my village

BvanKFbIEAAsvCu_zpsd7c1a2dc.jpg

oh and this footpaths runs adjacent to my place of work

9959_cleveland_way_sunset.jpg
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

I live in Savannah, Georgia, USA.
    I lived in Hinesville for 3 years and hated it. lol Savannah was the closest place to do anything and it was what about 45 minutes away or something. I should have lived closer to there, I would have had a better experience for sure.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I live in Sydney, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada home of the world's biggest fiddle and right on the Atlantic Ocean. Cape Breton is beautiful but Sydney not so much. The island is a tourist attraction and cruise ships stop here regularly. I love the rugged shoreline!

We have one of the highest cancer, obesity and unemployment rates in the country and there are more Capers who live in Alberta than live here. Most youngings leave after high school so lots of elderly folks.

I am a come from away. I was born and raised in Ottawa (miss it a lot) and have been here 11 years. My parents are from here and moved back after retiring.
  • dhall2011
    dhall2011 Posts: 209
    Options
    I live in California. We had an earthquake last night about 3:20 in the morning and it woke me up, but didn't damage anything. Normally I sleep through earthquakes so I'm kind of surprised being woke up but nothing broken.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I live in a town in The Netherlands, pretty central, 1 hour away from Amsterdam, 20 mins from Antwerp and about 5 hours from Paris, lots of nice scenery and a beautiful town centre.....and one homeless dude that lives on the bench round the corner.
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Reading, PA.. Childhood home of Taylor Swift and the Shopping Outlet Capital of the world ha ha
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fun thread!

I live in Savannah, Georgia, USA. I absolutely love this town. Quirky and eccentric people, live oak trees dripping with spanish moss, flowers all throughout the mild winter, and an incredibly diverse population in terms of race, religion, and politics. The marshes have dolphins playing and people fishing and boating. The beach is the craziest, white trashiest beach ever (omg SO many cigarette butts and beer cans). Our St. Patrick's Day celebration is legendary. Savannah is also one of the most haunted cities in America (yes that's a thing).

I could go on, but tl;dr...

I have lived quite a few places in the US, Europe and Asia. Savannah is my favorite place I've ever lived. :drinker:

You totally beat me to everything that is Savannah. It's pretty much the best city ever right? Except maybe the gnats and humidity.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are houses here.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    The Larro Ranchero is about 7 miles from Altha Florida, population 536. We are at the epicenter of Dothan Alabama, Tallahassee and Panama City Florida, about an hour from all three towns. Our best feature is the Chipola River. Unfortunately, tourist are starting to find out about it. I live about a mile from a public boatramp, and it is not uncommon for 5 or 6 loads of tubers, kayakers and boaters to come by the house in an hour's time on summer weekends. Hunting and fishing are the big past times here.

I walk from the house to this little beach to swim.

10527441_788736197838172_8557244953009513514_n.jpg?oh=cebb1f84dca4f83a218b5302d21f68ac&oe=546862E5&__gda__=1415455119_fb4bd5bcc6e90fcc20636492ae753aa9

This is 10 Mile Creek, a couple of miles from the house.

10491106_789317014446757_1366645874605021738_n.jpg?oh=772ec4420f9ecad32239124d4eaccb01&oe=547C5975&__gda__=1417243049_f3493f174eca0cddafa9edcb7432e24d
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I live in Windsor, Colorado - about 20 miles from the foothills of the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains. It's a small town; a bedroom community to 3 larger cities on 3 sides of us. Within 20 miles or so we have 4 hospitals, 4 colleges / universities, 8+ movie theaters and 7 Walmarts! It's a great place to live with no shortage of things to do regardless of the season. I've lived here for 18 years and love it more every year.