Tell us something about where you live?

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

I live downtown and look straight up at Pikes Peak everyday!
    Nothin like these Colorado Rocky Mountain views!!! :happy:

Very nice town. My sister lived at The Springs for about 25 years. She's been back home {Altha Fl} for 12 years, but if she was to win the lottery, she would be gone back tomorrow. My niece and her kids live in Denver now.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    97532.jpg?232210
  • bendoon54
    Options
    I live in Melbourne Australia just voted the most liveable city in the world.
    Winter is coming to an end & it will be a sunny 20 degrees Celsius today.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I live in the Rainbow State & it lives up to its name! Plenty of sunshine, salt water, sand, warm weather!
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just north of Dallas, TX.
    That is all. :)
    Go BOYZZZZZ lol
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Our city's nickname is cowtown
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Portland Oregon! Home of VooDoo Donuts! Mt Hood, and the annual Hood to Coast Relay Race!
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    My state bleeds green and gold. My town is tiny and I am the only guy that does not own a huge diesel pickup with stacks. It is also the most mispronounced city in the USA
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    Boston, MA. Home of bad drivers, obnoxious sports fans, and people who thought that the best form of protest was turning the Bay into a giant cup of iced tea
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Vancouver, Canada.
    Pacific Ocean
    beautiful
    diverse
    green all year round, rainy (much like Seattle)
    Home to Stanley Park: N.A's third largest park, recently voted #1 by TripAdvisor and my favourite place to run (8km seawall)

Best place in the world. I feel very lucky. Now if only I could afford to eat AND put a roof over my head. LOL!
  • Ehecatl915
    Options
    I live across from the beach in Manasota Key Florida, right on the Gulf of Mexico. It is very pretty here, the only thing I don't like is the allergies and the red tide blooms, and there is a big one coming which will be lots of stink and allergies. And you really can't swim in the ocean in the summer cause of the flesh eating bacteria, but otherwise it's really awesome here.
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Torrance, CA. We have a giant rubber duck in our nearby harbor. We can see it up close for $4.00. Over 277,000 people visited the duck this past weekend. The duck's visit was extended for a few extra days.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Colorado Springs, Colorado

I live downtown and look straight up at Pikes Peak everyday!
    Nothin like these Colorado Rocky Mountain views!!! :happy:

Awesome!! So beautiful there...my husband and I got married at Garden of the Gods last October and loved the whole Colorado Springs area.

Congratulations to the two of you! :happy:
    A Beautiful choice for your special day!!!

Thank you!!
  • eireannrae
    Options
    Live in Seattle, WA. Beautiful views, water is close, mountains are close, lots of outdoor activities, and tons of amazingly different ethnic foods.
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I live in a river town on the Mississippi in Iowa. Love to go boating, floating and swimming in the river. You're either a river rat like myself, or one of the "ewww grosss I am sooo not going in that water" type of person. It all washes off!
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I am surrounded by rednecks!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I live in a little place called Fairbank Newfoundland (Canada) Originally from Toronto, Ontario, My little community has about 100 people, but we're 10 minutes away from a place called Twillingate with 2500 people so we're not exactly secluded. Twillingate is huge for tourists as there are alot of whales, icebergs, and stuff to see. My back deck is 20 feet from the ocean so of course I also put patio doors and a deck off my bedroom so I can see the sunset there and the sunrise in the morning. I love my little nook because although I like to enjoy the tourist attractions in the summer, Twillingate's population doubles during that time(and it's a small place)so I like that I can drive 10 mins and be away from it all.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    My state bleeds green and gold. My town is tiny and I am the only guy that does not own a huge diesel pickup with stacks. It is also the most mispronounced city in the USA

Now you have me curious. We have a number of towns with mystery pronunciations to outsiders. One that came to mind immediately is in the western part and starts with an "M" and ends with an "a".
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I live in the Green Mountain State, the home of Ben and Jerry's, maple syrup, blazing Autumns and snowy winters. And a hiking trail that runs from top to bottom. Not a traffic light around where I am, moose, dear and bears, though.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Newport Beach, CA: One of the largest natural harbors in North America & home to over 10K recreational boats. Also the location of "The Wedge", which can be one of the most dangerous shore breaks in the world.

nbphotomap.jpg
    full_submission.jpg