Tell us something about where you live?

Options

Replies

• 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hamilton, Ontario.

It's a city sort of in transition, and undergoing a little bit of split personality. It used to rely heavily on the steel industry, but is becoming known for a blossoming music scene and an undercurrent of social change. So I guess it's a pretty good place to be right now. :)

69775866.png[/url]
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NJ

Shut up.
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I live in Phoenix Arizona.

I was born and raised here, which is strange. Most residents are transplants from other parts of the country. It's a beautiful state I think. Phoenix is in a valley surrounded by mountains. Not big ones, just pretty ones that are great for hiking. If you drive a couple hours north you hit forest and snow in the winter. Summers are very hot in the valley of the sun, but it's dry so it's manageable. I will take 4 months of 100 - 115 degree weather for winters in the 60's. We also have fantastic Mexican food here, which is not cool when you are trying to lose weight.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town in upstate NY, it is very rural. Recently the Amish people have been moving in, it seems to upset the locals. They are quiet and likely the best neighbors so they do not bother me.

We have long winters, short summers, and very brief moments of fall and spring. My favorite seasons are all but winter. Sometimes the snow is beautiful though, but after the first few storms I am ready for it to be gone.

I grew up in Connecticut, it was less rural and always roaring with noise. Occasionally I wonder what life would be like if I stayed there my entire life. Connecticut is much different then the small towns of upstate NY, it is also less accepting. Either way I will never know.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    720 square kms island, as a result we get the best feature of the desert and the best feature of islands: 80% humidity, temp up to 45C (114F or something).

Can't say I don't love every bit of that though. Half the population drives SUVs.

Just a quick post, maybe I'll write more later
    Saudi Arabia's Las Vegas. :wink:
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I live where the corn grows in rows. I see ducks landing on a pond during sunsets. I watch deer playing in my yard. The stars are so bright that you could easily count every one! (if you took the time.. lol)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just outside of Toronto. Close to downtown. CN Tower. Rob Ford. St. Lawrence Market. The CNE. Harbourfront. Distillery District.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Mississauga, Ontario - It's the sixth most populated city in Canada and our mayor is 93 and has been mayor since 1978/36 years. Also, its directly beside the coolest city in Canada - Toronto. hehe.
    I live in the town next to you :) Oakville, Ontario here. We have a wonderful network of paths through woods and ravines for cycling, jogging and walking. You can go from north of town right down to the lake by the pathway - unfortunately it's all uphill on the way back lol.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I moved to a town that I am not at all fond of, but for the best reason in the world (my high-school sweetie & I reunited after 20 years apart).
    This town is dying a slow, painful death.
    Oh...and I truly believe it is situated over a hellmouth!
    Still....love is grand!!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Dayton Ohio.

In the short time I've been living here, we had a cop kill a guy in Wal-Mart for brandishing a BB gun, a kid stumble upon a hanging corpse in an abandoned house, an metro bus driver frame three black kids for attacking him on the job (claimed a bible stopped a gunshot or some nonsense like that) due to financial distress at home. And there's also a guy here with 27 kids by 17 mothers.

I love my new city.

I'm also from Dayton and this pretty much describes it.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Tampa, FL. A short drive in any direction will give you culture, entertainment, world class attractions (Busch Gardens, beaches, museums, etc.). You can immerse yourself in the heart of Tampa or St. Pete or get lost on rural back roads. And I love the people!!! We're a nice little big city. :)
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A 4 1/2 square mile island, totally off the grid. No stores, no public electricity or water, no paved roads. 100 people. Ravens, eagles, barred owls, otters. If you're walking at night and you forgot a flashlight, you can make your way home by starlight.
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's fuarking cold six months out of the year, and you can't park in Harvard yard. (Because there isn't parking. Foot traffic only. They even make you walk your bike.)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Aloha Ahiahi from Oahu, Hawaii! The island Oahu is the island that holds the mystique of Waikiki, the culture of Polynesia, and the famous North Shore! :) I live on the windward side of Oahu where you will find Bellows Air Force Base, Sea Life Park, tidal pools and Makapuu Light House. :) and also Sandys (beach)
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vancouver....Washington State. Also known as 'The other Vancouver." Not in Canada, We are right across the Columbia river from the infamous Portland, Oregon, and most of the people who live in my town work over there.

The best thing about this area is that it's the Pacific Northwest, and you can drive to the most majestic tourist attractions in the continental U.S. Two hours drive to the west is the Pacific Ocean, miles and miles of unspoiled rocky cliffs and secluded beaches.. One hour drive to the North is Mt. St. Helen's Volcanic Monument, which exploded in 1980. One hour drive to the East is the Columbia River Gorge, home of Multnomah Falls. Another hour to the South East will put you on top of 12,000 ft tall Mt. Hood. Three hours to the South is Lavabeds National Monument, Crater Lake, and a host of other mountain lakes to play on in Oregon. Seattle is about four hours north. And Canada about 5 hours.

It's not all fabulous on the Upper Left Edge, though. We are famous for the rainiest winter weather on the continent, with Seattle holding the record for the most rainy days in a row anywhere on the planet. So don't bother to move here....just come be a tourist in the summer time.
    ^^ This. I'm in Battle Ground, WA a few miles north of Vancouver. The town is named after a battle that was supposed to take place but things kinda got messed up and they never got around to it. That is why you shouldn't try to schedule battles on your own, you should always hire a planner.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I live on Neptune. There are 4 habitable days per year, where we collect firewood for the coming winter. It is mostly grey, and always windy. Summer is on August 2nd, from 2:00-3:15 pm.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    They filmed The Walking Dead in my town!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I live in the Capital Region of New York. No... Not New York City! The capital of NY is Albany.

The town where I live has less than 6000 people, and I love small towns!
    I'm within 3 hrs of New York City, Boston and Montreal.
    I'm 20 minutes from the Saratoga Race Course (thoroughbread horse racing since 1847).

And I'm in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains.

1234431_10152354879995200_511860539_n.jpg?oh=3248dbcbc4ee6ab41173109a20ad51e4&oe=54782E68
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I live where the corn grows in rows. I see ducks landing on a pond during sunsets. I watch deer playing in my yard. The stars are so bright that you could easily count every one! (if you took the time.. lol)

Alabama, by any chance? Lol.. describes my small town to a T!!