Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options

Replies

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I got nothing against romance... BUt.. hey everyone my hubby spit a chocolate covered cherry in to my mouth while I was showering the other day... to me... not all that romantic :P
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband told me over the weekend that he was "bragging" about me to his coworker/friend. Just stuff about how I look better than I ever have, my hard work is paying off and he is really proud of me. This made me so freakin' happy I startled him with my exclamation of excitement. My hub is a man of few words and to know that he feels proud to the point of wanting to tell others is a really big deal to me

Other things that make me feel like I have hit the lottery:

He does all the grocery shopping because he knows I hate it

He carries the huge laundry basket down to the basement because I have an irrational fear that I will fall down the basement steps

He thinks all my weirdness is cute and endearing... can't ask for more than that!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is getting a lot of unwarranted hate.

Haters gonna hate.

The other day, my pastor said, what's wrong with happiness? My five year old blurts out, "Nothing!" A five year old has figured this out. Sigh.

I think it's hard for people to hear about happy relationships when they are suffering in a cold singles scene. Everyone wants to be loved, but all that's being offered is hookups. Really sad out there. I think these types of posts trigger unhappy feelings for some.

:cry:

I was going to start another thread with the title "Can I brag about..." and say something totally snarky along the lines of what you just stated so much more compassionately and eloquently than I would have. Glad I didn't. Plus it would have probably just incited more angry bitter and hostile responses so... best to leave that alone. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better person :)
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    aww
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

The other day, my pastor said, what's wrong with happiness? My five year old blurts out, "Nothing!" A five year old has figured this out. Sigh.

I think it's hard for people to hear about happy relationships when they are suffering in a cold singles scene. Everyone wants to be loved, but all that's being offered is hookups. Really sad out there. I think these types of posts trigger unhappy feelings for some.

I was going to start another thread with the title "Can I brag about..." and say something totally snarky along the lines of what you just stated so much more compassionately and eloquently than I would have. Glad I didn't. Plus it would have probably just incited more angry bitter and hostile responses so... best to leave that alone. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better person :)

You honestly think that people who don't "get" this post are single or in miserable relationships? For real?

I am happily married. I don't understand this post. I think it's kind of gross. But I guess that means I am hating?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

yoda.bmp
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

You honestly think that people who don't "get" this post are single or in miserable relationships? For real?

I am happily married. I don't understand this post. I think it's kind of gross. But I guess that means I am hating?

tumblr_inline_moxoon3wS51qmqfpm.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

tumblr_inline_moxoon3wS51qmqfpm.gif

:blushing:
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

Sorry, let me clarify: check out the ludicrous "parody" posts in the chit-chat forum.
    I don't think people who don't "get" this post are miserable or single. But people who have nothing positive to say when the initial post requests exactly that either A- can't read or B- aren't happy enough to find a single positive thing to say.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It was not pre-chewed I promise! Maybe I should have been more clear about that lol
    Doesn't matter. He is not allowed to eat off of food I'm eating, we do not share utensils, we do not drink out of the same glass or bottle and he BETTER NOT USE MY TOWEL. Ick. Ew. Yuck.

I know it's weird. I know it makes no sense. But yuck. Just yuck.

If it was in your mouth, I don't want it in mine.

Bet y'all have an awesome sex life!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

Sorry, let me clarify: check out the ludicrous "parody" posts in the chit-chat forum.
    I don't think people who don't "get" this post are miserable or single. But people who have nothing positive to say when the initial post requests exactly that either A- can't read or B- aren't happy enough to find a single positive thing to say.

Or it could just be that bragging, in general, is tacky.

The parody posts are just having a little fun.

If someone came on here and started a post that explicitly read "Can I just brag about how ripped/skinny/beautiful/fit/etc. I am," sh&t would really hit the fan and you would realize the comments you got here were just child's play.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just got back from vacation and just the 2 of us, we had a great time!

Just Sunday while I was at church he BBQ'd the chicken we needed to take to my family picnic. Love Him!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That is both sweet and gross.

yes, so disgusting...yet so sweet? but I am repulsed.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome husband. He's fit and sexy.

I thought the original post was funny and sweet at the same time.

It's the chit chat section. People brag over here. People post gross things. People post all kinds of stuff. Nothing wrong with what the orignal poster posted. If she wants to talk about her great husband, why not? I have the option of reading the post or not reading it.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Have to say these were not the responses I was hoping for.

You should know better on these boards. Glad you have a great relationship. I can't remember what kissing is even like.

This, and dont worry about all the OCD people with thier avoidance of germs. I swap gum with my husband when we kiss, I even put it in his mouth when mine has lost its flavor - this he doesnt appreciate that much but doesnt bother him that much either

We eat off of eachothers plates, share food, eat off of eachothers forks/silverware, etc and have exchanged other bodily fluids (we have three kids so obviously that transaction has occured) with three kids you kinda get used to dealing with things that would make others gross out-- glad you and your husband still have fun in whatever way you see fit!!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    only if I can brag about my bf:

last night he sent me a text thanking me for all the love and support I've given him over the past year. told me it meant a lot to him and called me an angel.

but if he puts food in my mouth while i'm showering ima punch his nose. eating while showering?? :sick:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone is hating on the OP. I mean so taking chocolate from your SO's mouth isn't your cup of tea but there's no need to be angry over it.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone is hating on the OP. I mean so taking chocolate from your SO's mouth isn't your cup of tea but there's no need to be angry over it.

The butthurt on MFP is just amazing sometimes.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Haters gonna hate.

I have seen the parody threads. They are funny.

Brag means to say boastfully. Why would you boast that your husband put chewed food in your mouth? I mean, really?!

I get it, it was a moment in your relationship that you really enjoyed for whatever reason, but yeah.
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    116mjgh.gif

I thought it was hot.