Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options

Replies

• bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone is hating on the OP. I mean so taking chocolate from your SO's mouth isn't your cup of tea but there's no need to be angry over it.

The butthurt on MFP is just amazing sometimes.

Indeed.

Here we have someone who wanted to share something she thought was sweet and she gets jumped on for "bragging". But if she were to to post about what an @sshat her husband was there would be a lot of sympathy and "Oh honey. I know what you mean!' and story sharing.

SMH. I just don't get it.
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    While I was running around this morning, like a chicken with my head cut off, he asked if there was anything he could do to help. It's moments like these that erase any bad! He got our son ready for school while I prepared dinner for the crockpot.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I have a can of whipped cream but my boyfriend is too paleo to play with me and it. :-(

He wants ice.

Apparently Ice is paleo enough but whipped cream from a can is not.
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For me it was the description of the chocolate-covered cherry spit swap in the bathroom, coupled with the amateur erotica style of the post, which made my first reaction one of general discomfort and ewww. That said I'm really glad the OP is happy with her husband's demonstration of love. All that matters is that she's loving it!!!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well, not my husband but anytime my SO and I are walking down his street he places me on the opposite side of where this dog always hangs out because he randomly attacks people sometimes, and I don't know I just feel so safe anytime he does things like that to protect me. To me that's the way he shows me that he loves me.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    116mjgh.gif

I thought it was hot.

Now I'm on board....
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get past bringing a glass of wine to a shower. A plethora of questions arose immediately. Why would a person have wine in the shower? You can't drink it in the shower or the water will get in and make it gross (also if one can't wait till the end of the shower to sip it, there may be bigger issues but that's another conversation) If it's sitting on the edge of the tub, you whisk open the curtain, and begin to step out; what if your toe catches on the cup? Then wine and glass explodes and the precious wine is everywhere. WORST place to have broken glass... but perhaps it's one of the metal wine glasses. This springs another issue. The metal glasses make the wine taste aweful, how could anyone appreciate wine in a metal glass?

Then I read the next part, an all too descriptive tale of having food thrust into one's mouth. And I did this:

x5bnm1.gif

But on a more serious note, a brag about the S.O. - nice thought. The gross detail of one's Harlequinesque kiss... a lot of ewww.
    But in the vein that OP was trying to bring sweet and positive responses to the forums ... My not gross, sweet reminisce of my husband's loveliness:

Yesterday he sent me a random, completely out of the blue text that simply said: "You're a beautiful woman" :blushing:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Nothing good to say when you tell the then 5 month old baby to shut the F' up all my respect for you goes out the door
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

b245640f26d9c186478d31388b191215549e_thumb.jpg

/ thread. Drops mic.

Reading this ^^ would be reason enough to visit this thread! Perfect. lol
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I know we piss and moan about our men sometimes, but how about some positivity? What is the last sweet or romantic thing your guy did for you? Share!
    Nothing good to say when you tell the then 5 month old baby to shut the F' up all my respect for you goes out the door
    What just happened here?

edited for spacing
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    This is getting a lot of unwarranted hate.

Haters gonna hate.

The other day, my pastor said, what's wrong with happiness? My five year old blurts out, "Nothing!" A five year old has figured this out. Sigh.

I think it's hard for people to hear about happy relationships when they are suffering in a cold singles scene. Everyone wants to be loved, but all that's being offered is hookups. Really sad out there. I think these types of posts trigger unhappy feelings for some.

:cry:

I was going to start another thread with the title "Can I brag about..." and say something totally snarky along the lines of what you just stated so much more compassionately and eloquently than I would have. Glad I didn't. Plus it would have probably just incited more angry bitter and hostile responses so... best to leave that alone. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better person :)

You're welcome and thank you for the thank you. We're all working on something!
  • detoxrobot
    Options
    That is both sweet and gross.
    your my favorite for the day :D
  • detoxrobot
    Options
    OP not sure if you gave up on reading responses or not,
    but you and your man sound adorable :) my guy isnt much for romance (country boy lol) but he takes the kids and lets me nap, he goes to work and pays our bills, he comes home and helps me fold laundry, and he loved me when I was chunky lol.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me the heebie jeebies.

tumblr_ma79yj6EfE1rzius1o1_400.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If my man entered the bathroom and opened the curtain on me while I showered I certainly would want something more than a choc. covered cherry in my mouth. I would be offended if that is all I got. :ohwell:

Yeah, no kidding.

Eta: we did just spend the weekend together celebrating our 12 year anniversary by installing a new floor and deck carpeting in his fishing boat. We are so freaking romantic.
    At least you remembered your anniversary. My fiance and I have both forgotten a couple ...

Yeah, we usually are both working every year, and this year we were supposed to be off, at the same time. Lol, it didn't happen, he got called in, so whatever. He for some reason is convinced we are married an extra year longer though. He doesn't believe me when I tell him otherwise.
    We moved in together about a month after we started dating. I mentioned something the other day about how fast we moved in together (we were talking about a friend who had moved kind of quickly in a relationship) and he said, "Yeah, but we were together a year before that."

He argued and argued with me about it, but he moved in in May 2005 and I didn't even meet him until January 2005. I was living 1,000 miles away until then!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It was not pre-chewed I promise! Maybe I should have been more clear about that lol
    Doesn't matter. He is not allowed to eat off of food I'm eating, we do not share utensils, we do not drink out of the same glass or bottle and he BETTER NOT USE MY TOWEL. Ick. Ew. Yuck.

I know it's weird. I know it makes no sense. But yuck. Just yuck.

If it was in your mouth, I don't want it in mine.

Bet y'all have an awesome sex life!!!!!!!! :laugh:
    Well, I'm not sure what kind of sex you have, but we have never incorporated using each other's towels or drinking out of the same glass in the bedroom. Can you enlighten me? Clearly I'm missing something.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I know we piss and moan about our men sometimes, but how about some positivity? What is the last sweet or romantic thing your guy did for you? Share!
    What just happened here?

edited for spacing

I wish this was explained. The suspense is killin' me
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I think it is very sweet. It shows that he appreciates you and knows what is romantic to you. Obviously you appreciate him too. We have been married for 26 years and still do little things for each other that mean a lot to us but would mean nothing to others (or they wouldn't approve). It doesn't really matter what others think. I get up at 5.30 to make my hubby's breakfast and lunch, even though I don't need to be up until 7.30 for work. He is working 14 hour days at the moment because we need the money, so it is the least I can do. Some people think I am crazy because he could do it himself BUT I DON'T CARE!
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My hubby did an uphill hike with me today at my pace to keep me company and encourage me instead up ravcing up the hill

That was sweet.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I have a large number of friends on here whom have recently had babies (intentionally added them all for that reason :p common interests and all) and so many of them are just now going back to work. There have been 4 different ones, just today, that returned to work from maternity leave this Monday morning and I truly feel sad for them. The thought of leaving my baby right now, just the thought, tears me apart inside.
    My children are the absolute most important thing in the world to me and I want to be with them all I can.

My point? The reason I am truly grateful for and loving my husband so much more today is because he feels the same way and is out busting his butt to provide so that I don't have to go to work and I can be home with my baby and be there for our children. My husband is the greatest is so very many ways. I am just feeling so grateful today for his commitment to this family.