Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I could brag about my hubby until the cows come home. He is sweet & romantic, just plain adorable and has lost 110lbs and kept it off. He taught me about weight loss and fitness, and supported me every step of the way (though I've gained and lost the same 20lbs several times). He is so smart, and so funny. Children and animals love him and flock to him, he's like a Disney princess.

He held me and cried with me when our daughter died, after a perfectly healthy pregnancy. He picked me up when I would have hit rock bottom, and he holds my broken heart together. Without him I'd be lost. He sees beauty and strength in me that I do not. He goes to work and pinches pennies so I can stay home. He is a great provider, a great husband and a wonderful father.

I'm so sorry for the lady who's husband died - you posted on pg.2 and I can't view your screenname from this page. I simply cannot imagine the pain because it would hurt too much. But I am keeping you in my thoughts.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...And yeah ... I guess the rainbow puke was appropriate, now that I think of it. We're that cheesy couple people love to hate LOL...

I feel you, OP. After 14 years, my husband and I frequently annoy people because we still act like newlyweds. :drinker:
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why everyone is hating on the OP. I mean so taking chocolate from your SO's mouth isn't your cup of tea but there's no need to be angry over it.

The butthurt on MFP is just amazing sometimes.

Indeed.

Here we have someone who wanted to share something she thought was sweet and she gets jumped on for "bragging". But if she were to to post about what an @sshat her husband was there would be a lot of sympathy and "Oh honey. I know what you mean!' and story sharing.

SMH. I just don't get it.

Great point. I think my next post will be “Can I complain about my husband for a minute?” just to tally up the actual relevant responses and see how far they outnumber the ones here.
    I have a can of whipped cream but my boyfriend is too paleo to play with me and it. :-(
    He wants ice.
    Apparently Ice is paleo enough but whipped cream from a can is not.

This made me laugh out loud :D
    Well, not my husband but anytime my SO and I are walking down his street he places me on the opposite side of where this dog always hangs out because he randomly attacks people sometimes, and I don't know I just feel so safe anytime he does things like that to protect me. To me that's the way he shows me that he loves me.

My hubby does something similar - anytime we're walking near a road or through a parking lot etc, he puts himself between me and the lane of traffic. I guess he figures if he gets hit by a car, he can shove me out of the way before it gets to me.

For the record:
    I haven’t given up. I keep coming back hoping for the positive responses (thank you !) that are sprinkled amongst the disgusted (sorry), bitter (not my problem) and downright rude (get a life) ones.