The Randoms - December 2010

Options

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure where I came up with 6:52am, but I was getting up at 6:55 and I was getting to my 8am meeting 2 or 3 minutes late every day. So my solution was to move my alarm back a few minutes. I've been on time as long as I get up with that alarm and only stay in bed for one snooze. I'm kind of OCD, so things like this work for me.

I can relate a little to the OCD thing... but I have to have my alarm set for a 00, 15, 30, or 45 number. :wink:

I am SO opposite of you. I HATE multiples of 5, so I always set the alarm for 7:14 or 7:22 or 7:31 :smile:
    I got married on a Friday because I didn't want to get married the next day...on Saturday the 25th! lol
    [it kills me to have a goal weight of 160; I should probably change it to 159] haha
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can I play?

Nicole- 27
    I work for a beauty distribution company, I am a licensed cosmetologist, I was as a licensed early childhood educator in the private schools system for Massachusetts until I let that run out *stupid*.
    170 today I am up from 164 (I confess I have not worked out steadily for 2.5 months now)

Nicole- My goal is to be back to 166 by Jan 1st. My second goal is to be 130 by September 2011 so I can order my wedding dress for 2012!

My typical day: I get up between 8-9 Mon-Fri. Try to workout, pick up the house a bit, do a load of laundry, then get ready for work. At work I deal with fellow hair stylists and salons. I'm home by 6:30 daily to eat and watch a show or two with my BF and his son. Then I hit the sheets anywhere between 10-12. Weekends are spent back in MA with our families 75% of the time.
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Nicolina - Congratulations on your engagement! You have a great goal, and a powerful motivation to get there!

I did some calculations similar to what I did for Shastacrystal (I'm not turning into the math guy, am I?) and your goal should be quite achievable:

Assuming you want to be 130 by Sept. 1st, there are 8 months with 4 weeks each until then, plus the 2 weeks left in December.

8 months x 4 weeks = 32 weeks + 2 weeks = 34 weeks to meet your goal.

You're at 170, so you have 40 pounds to lose by then:

40 pounds / 34 weeks = 1.18 lbs approx. you'd have to lose per week. Given that you can safely lose about 2 lbs per week according to the MFP site, your goal is a healthy one. Even if you take out the last two weeks of December, the amount to lose per week only goes up to 1.25 lbs. Good luck, I know everyone here is cheering you on! :D
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Morning people....How are the randoms today?

I really wish that MFP had a RSS feed option for the forums. Would be *so* much easier to keep up with posts when you are not on and reading them.

So I'm behind and probably won't be able to completely catch up.

In other news, I pretty much suck....My eating has been AWFUL. I don't know *why* I don't just start shoveling sugar into my mouth instead of eating every treat in sight. Ugh.....

These holidays are going to wreck it for me....
    I need to find some self control.

Alrighty, back to the grind. Got lots of calls to make.

CHEERS!

Katie
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    Kekibird:

I agree! RSS would be soooooo helpful!

As for the other news bit, don't be so hard on yourself. Negative thinking and "punishing" yourself will only hurt your resolve and push you into a vicious cycle. It's the holidays! Even the best of us will have a difficult time staying on track, I know I will! (My mom makes a MEAN tray of brownies)

Instead, think positively! Don't get "back to the grind" get back to your journey to a better you! Think of how great you'll feel once you hit your goal. Plan yourself a reward for meeting your goal instead of talking yourself down for getting off track. Take it 10 pounds at a time, as TaraMaria suggested in an earlier post.

So stay positive, you can do it!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    wow I wish I could sleep in like the rest of you. I think I am the earliest bird out of the group but that is because I have to work over time and my mind shuts off at 5pm so I have to do it in the morning. I get up at 4:50 but have to trick myself so my clock says its 5:15.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Instead, think positively! Don't get "back to the grind" get back to your journey to a better you! Think of how great you'll feel once you hit your goal. Plan yourself a reward for meeting your goal instead of talking yourself down for getting off track. Take it 10 pounds at a time, as TaraMaria suggested in an earlier post.

So stay positive, you can do it!

Heh....by grind I meant work. I've got collection calls to make....YUCK!

Katie
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    LOL at getting up at random times. I always set my alarm for 9:03 or 8:46am. LOL
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    wow I wish I could sleep in like the rest of you. I think I am the earliest bird out of the group but that is because I have to work over time and my mind shuts off at 5pm so I have to do it in the morning. I get up at 4:50 but have to trick myself so my clock says its 5:15.

I tried tricking myself like that but after a few days I new it was set 15m minutes earlier and that I still had another 15 minutes. :ohwell:
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

You're not far off from me. I wake up some time around 4:30 or so most mornings, but I refuse to get out of bed until my alarm goes off at 5:00AM! :laugh:
    I'm up at 430, I like the morning quiet.
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    Names Randy. I'm 35. Currently weigh in at 173 lbs.

I'm a single guy changing my life by working to make myself the kind of guy I want to be. Right now my goals are to hit 170 lbs. by Jan 1st, and hit 160 lbs. by March 1st.

A list of stuff I'm gonna do. :smile:

I'm gonna keep eating healthy even if my cravings for the cupcakes across the hall kills me. :tongue:
    I'm gonna start running after the New Year.
    I'm gonna be awesomer! (it's a word I swear)
    I'm gonna get better at racquetball and kick Matt's *kitten*!
    I'm gonna inspire others to be healthy.
    I'm gonna surprise everyone.
    I'm gonna kick my love of Taco Bell.... Okay maybe not this one but hey the rest are pretty cool. :laugh:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Waking up to this group is awesome!!! Hahaha! I'm going to reply to ya'll in a little bit.

In the meantime...anyone want to come up with a QOTD?

Today my hubbo has the day off, Grady is on Christmas break, so we are heading out to finish up our shopping. Thank heavens we don't have too much more to do. I'm not sure how much of a workout I'm going to get in today since we will literally be running everywhere! My legs are still mad at me from last night!
  • stampede55
    Options
    What up! Ben, 29, married with 1 three year old boy and another little monster due feb 17th.

Goal: I must see my abs before I die.

I'm a very active person with a rather masochistic routine that I have maintained for about 3 years now. A typical day for me involves coming to work with my pre-packed lunch, eating throughout the day every two hours, heading to the gym on my lunch break for strength and conditioning, heading home in the evenings to take care of my son while my wife is gone at work.

I started my journey at 236 pounds about 7 years ago. I dropped down to 173 pounds, then back up to 215. When I started trying to lose weight again I went about everything in the wrong way and ended up dislocating my shoulder playing basketball. From then on it was my mission to do things right and become what I always wanted to be.

Currently I am 187 pounds with a relatively low body fat %, but I still can't see my abs and it infuriates me. I was introduced to this site a couple of weeks ago and have since been reinvigorated.

My biggest weakness by far is alcohol. I work my butt off in the gym 6 days a week, and I eat very good, but then I top everything off with shots of whiskey and lots of beer. I've known for a while that this is a problem, but it wasn't until I found this site and started to log my alcohol intake that I realised how much of a problem it was. Cheers!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Happy Weekend everyone!

Already got in my zumba class this morning and did a zumba workout last night. I'm trying to get back on track.

Sadly, my Polar F6 is dying a slow painful death. I might be looking into a new HRM soon if I can't get a new battery to revive my poor poor Polar.

Katie
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    did 2,000 calorie burn, hour boot camp,20 minutes hard swimming and twenty minutes half jog walking dog :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    being totally random here popping in 'The Randoms' thread...just to say hulllllllooooo everyone!rolleye0013.gif
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    FINALLY bought a new little black dress for NYE yesterday. Got a great deal on it and I need to have it taken in a little!

Happy Sunday all!!