The Randoms - December 2010

Options

Replies

• bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat and enjoy. The key is to NOT over eat. Only once slice of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream. Christmas only comes once a year and I intend to spend it the right way and not think so much about my diet.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good plans everyone! We've had our Christmas with my little family, but tonight tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening are "big" parties for us, so my plan is to TRY focus on the people and not on the food. I've got a bit of the "I'll start Monday" thoughts going in my head. I WISH THOSE WOULD GO AWAY! I'm so sick of that excuse!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Randoms
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!! I want to hear about all of your holidays!!!! Plus someone needs to come up with an awesome QOTD! :o)
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I randomly ate too much junk yesterday. I did swim for an hour to offest it though :(
  • mandijo
    Options
    I hope everyone had happy holidays and a Merry Christmas! Time to get back on track. QOTD: What are your health and fitness goals for 2011?
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Hope everybody had a great Christmas! I didn't log at all (I hadn't intended to) but now I wish I had. I'm not sure if I ate too much or if it's beccause I was eating junk but I felt AWFUL driving home from my parents last night! I'm guessing it was a combination of both.
    Going shopping in a bit with my little sister, hoping to score a great deal on a new pair of running shoes :happy:
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    QOTD: What are your health and fitness goals for 2011?

Ooo Yikes! This might be too early for me...LOL! But I guess I better hop to it eh? I know that mine include training for a half marathon and running as many 5k's as possible. I want to maintain my weight, which is scary! LOL! And I want to improve my swimming and eventually be able to swim a mile which is easier said then done! :o)
  • just4peachy
    Options

I need to learn to do push-ups WITHOUT my balance ball!!
    Train for my first half marathon (05-01-11)
    Complete EVERY obstacle in the Warrior Dash (06-04-11)
    Less crap carbs (potatoes, bread, pasta)
    By the end of the summer I'd like to be in maintanence mode & holding onto a steady 10 minute mile (or less!)
  • mandijo
    Options
    QOTD: Health and Fitness goals

Run my first 5K in May
    Compete in the Warrior dash (7-23-11)
    Lose 5 pounds a month
    Exercise 5 days a week with variety so I don't skip out
    Practice relying on myself and looking to myself for self motivation and self control I CAN DO THIS!
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Health and Fitness goals

Keep under 200 lbs, add muscel, not get my butt kicked in grappleing class.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Taking a cooking break and I just had to say: GO ALL OF US WARRIOR DASHERS!!!

Haha!

I'm signing up for the June 18th race!!!! I wish we could all go to the same one!!! However my husband is considering doing it with me as he just got running shoes for Christmas and will be starting C25K training! I'm waiting to sign up to see if a few more friends want to do it with us in the same wave! :o)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

- Reach my goal weight of 135-ish lbs by the summer
    - Run a 5K at some point in 2011
    - Look fabulous in a bikini, preferably on a tropical vacation with Randy or something
    - End 2011 maintaining my goal weight, maybe even lower! Maintenance is definitely hard...
    - Push myself with the personal training I'm meeting with 3 times a month for the whole year. I really want to get in shape and stay that way.
  • just4peachy
    Options

Haha!

I'm signing up for the June 18th race!!!! I wish we could all go to the same one!!! However my husband is considering doing it with me as he just got running shoes for Christmas and will be starting C25K training! I'm waiting to sign up to see if a few more friends want to do it with us in the same wave! :o)
    It will be the first race my boyfriend and I do together :happy: We have a HUGE group running together and I have family running through out the day. I'm so freaking excited!!
  • SarcasticManiac
    Options
    What is the warrior dash?
  • just4peachy
    Options
    http://www.warriordash.com/index.php
    It's a 3-ish mile race with 14 obstacles.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Haha!

I signed up for the one in MN on 7/23/11. Right now we have a group of about 7 people going.
  • TaraMaria
    Options

My only has ten...lol...thank heavens!!! Cluck cluck! He he he he! :o) Bum!!!!! You should SOSOSOSOSO come and do mine with me!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

My only has ten...lol...thank heavens!!! Cluck cluck! He he he he! :o) Bum!!!!! You should SOSOSOSOSO come and do mine with me!!!

I think mine is 11 obstacles.
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    OKAY! SO!

QOTD: How bad did you do? I'm not saying in a "You miserable failure" sort of way. I'm saying we all enjoyed ourselves, had a good time, opened presents, ate, laughed all of those calories off (I wish!) and now how do you feel about the whole thing?

I think overall....I enjoyed myself! I didn't stress! If I wanted something, I ate it. I stopped when I was full. I even went for a run on Christmas morning! HOWEVER! I sabotaged myself when I had a final Christmas party at my house yesterday...oh dear...why in heavens name did I cook so much? Haha! Stuffed mushrooms, meatballs, bacon with lil' smokies, cheesey chive dip, spinach dip, three kinds of cookies, banana bread...the kind of stuff you can just pick up as you are walking by and eat way too much of! So I give myself a ten for awesome as far as Christmas Eve and Christmas goes and then yesterday was -5....LOL! Overall score because of my wobbly landing: 5. ha ha!