NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS!

Options
Hello all, My name is Stephanie and I wanted to start a January weight lose group. Lose 10+ pounds. We will start our first weigh in on Saturday January 1, 2011. We will weigh in every Saturday and I will post a chart every Sunday of everyones success. It is recommend to lose 2 pounds a week, with 4 weeks thats 8 lbs, so I added 2 lbs. I think it can be done and in a healthy way. I started a December group and we have lost as a group 85 lbs so far. I will be disciplined and push you because you deserve to lose weight, be healthy and happy. I am looking for serious people only. I will be dedicated to everyone in the group. Weighing in every Saturday is a must. On January 1, 2011 please fill out the following form:

Screen Name:
Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:
Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
What is your exercise plan?:
Are you going to do a specific diet?:
What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?:

Replies

• mystic333
    Options
    I'd love to join! :smile: I'll edit my post on the first weigh in.

Screen Name: Mystic333
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: I'll fill this out 1/1/11
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): Depends on weigh in; probably 170
    What is your exercise plan?: 7 days of 60 min cardio; 3 days of 30 min strength
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Nope I just stay within my calories, lots of protein, and lots of fiber.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My health. I started mfp at 200 lbs and while that may not be much to some ppl I'm only 5'3" and I barely show my weight bcuz my organs will store fat before my body will show the extent of it according to my doctor. She even had me step on the scale 3 times bcuz she couldn't believe I weighed that from how my weight proportions. :ohwell:
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I have a trip to CA in Feb and a cruise in April and I am a little behind on my weight loss goal. I need to be serious about this. I will have to go in and edit my post because I can't remember what I am supposed to list.. LOL..

Screen name: tam8374
    ST - TBD
    GW by 1/31/11-10lbs less of the ST
    exercise plan - workout w/ the wii Active/ Wii Fit/ or 30DS 4days / week
    Specific Diet - Just smaller portions and being more careful - Using MFP to track
    Biggest motivation - to be able to buy smaller clothes and feel good and give my children a better example for a healthier life.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join in with your challenge!

Screen Name: Lillydlc

Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 11stone 1 (I will amend this in Jan if it changes)

Goal weight by 31 January: 10 stone 5

What is your exercise plan?: I have ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, and also have another Interval type training dvd that I will attempt three times a week, perhaps alternating with Jillian.

Are you going to do a specific diet?: Hopefully stay within my target calories of 1200

What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I will be 40 next year, and would love to look and feel amazing by then
  • blackchick38
    Options
    Screen Name: BLACKCHICK 38
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: HOPE IT WILL BE 23O LBS ,IM 235 AS OF TODAY
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 220 LBS
    What is your exercise plan?: WALKING 30 MINS ,3 DYS A WEEK.starting small
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: YES, 1370 CALORIES A DAY
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?:VISIONING MYSELF IN A SIZE 12
  • blackchick38
    Options
    Screen Name: BLACKCHICK 38
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: HOPE IT WILL BE 23O LBS ,IM 235 AS OF TODAY
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 220 LBS
    What is your exercise plan?: WALKING 30 MINS ,3 DYS A WEEK.starting small
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: YES,
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :P I need to get serious again. It is going to be hard with my schedule, but I need to make it happen. My goal weight loss for last year was 30 lbs... I only got 15 boo for half lol....

Screen Name: comfortfoodaddict
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 170ish
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 160
    What is your exercise plan?: Exercise more.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Yes, eat right. Fruits, vegetables, less carbs, less fat, less sugar
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: This is vain, but I want to look good. I also don't want to have to suck in or hide from pictures, I dont want to have as many undiagnosable problems.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!! Yes on January 1 we will edit our first weigh in so we can be accuarate. I want to lose a total of 60 lbs by June 1. Which is a lot so I am starting my weight loss discipline now so that I can lose weight safetly and healthy. I have good tickets to the NKOTBSB tour in June and I bought gold VIP pass to meet BSB before the show and I will not be 220 pounds (which is what I weigh today) when that happens! I am determined :)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: loathesome
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 145
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 135
    What is your exercise plan?: keep it simple and do at least 30 minutes a day
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: no junk, just natural
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight? i want to feel good
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: ThinMamaDoo
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 152
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 142
    What is your exercise plan?: 60 minutes at least 6 days a week / cardio and strength
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: logging food, stay within cals, balanced diet
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight? Energy, Happiness, Confidence
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love the December group so I am definitely up for a January group.
    Here are my stats:

Screen Name: 2Young4This
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
    What is your exercise plan?: Run 5 times per week for 30 minutes
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just healthy eating
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to look better - vain but true!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I would love to join your January challenge as I need all the motivation possible.

Screen Name: MJ5898
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: Will have to edit this but hoping for 375. As of 12/17/10 - 379.5 (down 15.5 since 11/17/10)
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 10# less than 1/1 - hopefully 365
    What is your exercise plan?: Cannot do much now b/c of my weight, but my goal is strength training 20 min 3X per week plus just generally trying to move more to boost my metabolism
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just using MFP to track my food and stay at or below my 1700 daily calorie limit
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to feel good and be happy
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: frostiegurl
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: ???
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):???
    What is your exercise plan?: do at least 90 minutes a day of cardio and strength training 2-3 times a week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just sticking within calorie guidelines while eating healthy and nutritious foods
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My health and well being.

Will edit weights on the 1st

The only problem is I can't do the weigh in on the 8th as I'll be on a cruise for a week staring on the 8th. I can weigh in on the 15th after I return home in the evening.
  • ixsaraxi
    Options
    I'm in & will post on Jan. 1st!! Can't wait, I need this motivation. :happy:
  • amayberry7
    amayberry7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Screen Name:amayberry7
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:190 (hopefully)
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):180 (hopefully)
    What is your exercise plan?: Gym 3 x's a week @ 5 am and walking in the evening with my two daughters 5 x's a week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Mostly fruits and veggies with lots of lean protein.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: To be a better example for my 3 daughters!!

My weigh in's will be every Sunday!
  • supernonna
    Options
    I'm in! I'm new to the actual website (I just used my app not knowing there was more!) and I think these groups sound great!

Screen Name: SuperNonna
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: I would guess it will be around what it is now... 180ish, I'll update on the first
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 170ish
    What is your exercise plan?: Classes start back up the 10th and I will be really busy but I would like to do ATLEAST 30 min workout on the wii.
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Just the MFP checking what I eat and trying to stay at or under.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I have sugar problems and when I diet I feel so much better. It's nice to know when you need to eat because your stomach tells you instead of your hands shaking. Also I'd love to look better and shop wherever I want!!
  • LadyMarylou
    LadyMarylou Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I want to join!
    im 210 now and my goal for january is to go under 200!!
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Im up for this!! :happy:

Screen Name: SimonsGirl
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 193 lbs
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 180 lbs
    What is your exercise plan?: Hoping to get p90x if not 30 day shred and running
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: just low calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: To see my stomach muscles
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    That is great, I am so excited that we have so many people up for the challenge. I know it is 2 weeks early to start talking about January weight loss, but I thought that with Christmas, new years and many holiday parties going on, we will be more conscience of our exercise and eating over the next two weeks, knowing that we have a group challenge ahead. Keep going strong and losing and practicing healthy habits so come January 1 we will be ready to roll. I imagine that as we get closer we will have a lot of people join so to keep things easy, we will complete our weigh ins every saturday. If someone does not weigh in, I will remove their name from the chart that I complete on Sunday. Although, stuff happens, and we can't always be at our computers so if you had an emergency or lack of internet access just send me a message. I want to keep it fair for the ones who do weigh in. And as all my awesome people in the December group know, I am committed to helping everyone lose weight. I will be committed to you guys as well and I will not abandon the group. Every saturday I will be here to post my weight loss no matter what!. :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,380 Member
    Options
    bump!

I am in for sure and will post all details in January. I will mark my January weight down and probably post is January 3rd because I am out of town that weekend and have not decided if taking laptop or not. If not I will have to post on the 3rd.
  • WhitneyW78
    WhitneyW78 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in... could use all the motivation I can get! :D

Screen Name: WhitneyW78
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: Will Fill In
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 10 pounds from starting weight.
    What is your exercise plan?: Exercise at least 4 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes...
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: My diet is eat in moderation and as healthy as possible, staying under my calorie goal.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I want to live life!