NO MORE EXCUSES JANUARY, LOSE 10+ LBS!

Options

Replies

• jesstroxel
    Options
    Screen Name: jesstroxel
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011:
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 175
    What is your exercise plan?: 60 minutes of cardio 7 days a week
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: try to stay under my calorie goal and no so much sugar and fats
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: my health, my family
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'll post again on the 1st, but until than...

* Screen Name: Steph_135
    * Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: fingers crossed for 179.5
    * Goal weight by January 31, 2011: fingers crossed for 169.5
    * What is your exercise plan?: get a gym membership, and go 5x / week!! use it for all it's worth! I really want to start lifting weights and gaining muscle, which may interfere with the 10 pounds, but I'm hopeful. I want to be strong and have sexy back muscles. :laugh:
    * Are you going to do a specific diet?: Healthy, balanced eating, with more protein and less white foods (less potatoes, white rice, flours, sugar, chips, etc)
    * What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My 25th birthday (March)!! I want to be in the 150's by then.
    Thank you so much everyone!!! Yes on January 1 we will edit our first weigh in so we can be accuarate. I want to lose a total of 60 lbs by June 1. Which is a lot so I am starting my weight loss discipline now so that I can lose weight safetly and healthy.
    Ideally, I'd like to lose 50 lbs by May 31, 2011, so we both have to GET WITH THIS!! :angry: <-- my determined face

I'm so committed that I scheduled the weigh ins into my calendar! I usually weigh on Tuesdays (trying to get away from the weighing everyday method that I've been doing for years), so I'd better remember it with it written down.
  • closermotion
    closermotion Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i'm interested!
    Screen Name: closermotion
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: (currently) 162, i'll update jan. 1st
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 150
    What is your exercise plan?: running, swimming, and NCY ballet workout dvds
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: low caloric intake
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: want to feel pretty again, feel good about myself when i look in the mirror!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I love every month changing my weigh in day, because I get very bored, very quickly lol
  • lilfarm
    lilfarm Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in

Screen Name: lilfarm
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
    What is your exercise plan?:
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: balanced diet, with a focus on more veggies
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: more energy, have a baby
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I am looking foward to bustin' my butt in January and this will be some extra motivation for me.

Question-do we come back and edit our post each Sat..or just add a new post to this thread with our weekly results?

Screen Name: grover0ca
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs):
    What is your exercise plan?: Taekwondo-mon/wed/fri/sat, Circut Training with personal trainer-tues, Work out DVD-thurs or sun
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: No, but I will count calories
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My current motivation is not to ever have to weigh in as a heavy weight for taekwondo! I want to compete-but it has to be a slimmer/healthier/faster version of me :bigsmile:
  • NeciaC
    Options
    I would love to join. This sounds great! I'm already apart of a support group however an additional group is a plus!

Screen Name: NeciaC
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: Presently I'm 161- not sure what I will be by January 1st
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 150 lbs. I do not want to weigh less than 145lbs.
    What is your exercise plan?: Treadmill and walking dog
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: less carbs; not eatting late at nights. more veggies, fruits and water.
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: To build my self confidence about my self image- feeling comfortable in my own skin.
  • cglenden
    Options
    Screen Name: cglenden
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 184
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 174+
    What is your exercise plan?: cardio kickboxing, spin class, and elliptical--- plus weights and rest
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: no - just calorie counting
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: My husband and i are returning the beach that we were married on a few years ago... and my current body is NOT beach ready! i love this idea!!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: JAM3114
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 245 (will edit if needs to be)
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: 235
    What is your exercise plan?: Walking, Jogging & hopefully kettlebells
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: Stick to MFP calorie count
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: I'm sick to teeth of being fat & not working at it - I have lovely dresses that I can no longer fit into & I just want to be smaller !!!!! I want to end the cycle of starting a new healthy plan every New Year !!!

I keep seeing your line "NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS SKINNY WILL FEEL!!!" & it is starting to inspire me to get with the program every day every week forever not just 4 days a week!!!!!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Jam3114 it is so true too. I saw that quote on another womans signature and I just had to use it. And it really does make you think. I absoluetly love "Outback Steakhouse" but whenver I think of wanting to go there. I really do think that buying a size 6 or 8 pair of jeans would feel better than the blooming onion would taste! lol
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm definitely in for January.

Screen Name: carcar63

Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: will wait and see

Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 10lbs less then 1/1/11

What is your exercise plan?: walk 30-60 every day, aerobics &/or strenght training 30mins 3 -5 x's wk.

Are you going to do a specific diet?: stay within calories & get back to portion control.

What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: feeling better, having more energy and to be able to play in the snow with my kids when it starts snowing
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just gained 30 sinse September. so I"m Freaking in!

Screen Name: SERENIFLY
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: 240
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 228
    What is your exercise plan?: Jan 1 - 15 45 minutes a day at the gym January 15: - P90X
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: P90X
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: Beach Volleyball season is 6 months away!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: kizzym
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: (177 as of dec 22, 2010...will do another on january 1, 2011)
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011: (if weight doesn't change by then i want to be 167)
    What is your exercise plan?: exercise videos and walking
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: just keeping track of calories in...keeping a food journal for right now
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: looking and feeling better
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I need the accountability.

screenname : Teachawa
    weight now 225
    hoping to have not gained by Jan. 1 :)-
    hoping to lose 10 lbs in Jan
    My exercise plan : I currently go to the gym to work out, but have been off schedule and haven't worked hard enough for long enough. I am planning to go more consistently (at least 2-- hour long sessions with a trainer and 3-- hour long cardio sessions a week)
    I really need to get back on track with my food. All of these Christmas treats are killing me. I am currently food journaling.
    My motivation is to quit relapsing and to change my lifestyle to become successful - for good!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I'm in the December group and it has really been great. I do so much better when I'm in an active group than when I try it alone. I only have 10 pounds to lose until I'm at my goal so I imagine losing the last 10 won't happen in a month, but I'll give it my very best effort! I'll fill in the stats at the beginning of Jan.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    hello all, i finally figured out how to post a chart completely!! yay im so excited. OK, everyone remember to make sure you weigh in on the 1st of january. Every saturday please weigh in and on sunday night i willl post the chart showing everyones success. I have the chart all ready just need to add the names and everyones start and goal weights. Im so ready to go cant wait for the new year! :)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    I am in! I think this will be great motivation!

Screen Name: mmelaragno
    What is your exercise plan?: cardio and strength training
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: just healthier and cleaner
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: better clothes!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I'm in!! I am new on MFP and haven't ever done one of the challenges so, you might have to help me out on this checking in once a week and how to find you again!!!

Screen Name: ChelsiBurnett
    Starting Weight on January 1, 2011: Hopefully 138..I will be certain on that date!!!
    Goal weight by January 31, 2011 (can be whatever you want, with a min of 10 lbs): 128
    What is your exercise plan?: Walk walk walk!!!!!
    Are you going to do a specific diet?: stay under 1200 cal and watch the sugar and carb intake!
    What is your biggest motivation to lose the weight?: Summer bikini and in a wedding in April!!!
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    hello all, i finally figured out how to post a chart completely!! yay im so excited. OK, everyone remember to make sure you weigh in on the 1st of january. Every saturday please weigh in and on sunday night i willl post the chart showing everyones success. I have the chart all ready just need to add the names and everyones start and goal weights. Im so ready to go cant wait for the new year! :)

Yeah! I am excited!!:bigsmile: