Women prefer bellies over 6-packs

Options

Replies

• WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm not attracted to 6-packs but it's not due to a pre-conception of the bearer being vain or obsessive, it's more a visual/feel preference. It's a good thing we don't all want the same thing isn't it?!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It takes a very secure person to be with someone who is extremely physically fit. Many women are over weight, and many are self conscious or struggle with massive insecurities.

I'm not surprised at this number because of that alone.

It would be interesting to see how those numbers play out if you separate the respondents into categories based on level of fitness.

As for me... I'm perfectly fine with either. I don't have a preference between 6 pack or bit of a belly.
    I have been told in the past( a couple years ago) that I was difficult to be with because the guy I was with didn't like being the "fat one in the relationship"
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I can't say I am surprised by these results, but was this a scientific study or a survey? Does anyone have a link to the actual study?

Survey of British women it seems like:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2742294/Mr-Darcy-beats-Bond-battle-bodies-British-women-date-man-love-handles-six-pack.html
    An overwhelming 96 per cent of women think a dinner date with an abs-obsessed man would be dull.

Almost three quarters - 72 per cent - would rather the date was with a chubbier fella so that they would feel more able to indulge in dessert.

Of those in a relationship, 94 per cent say they love their man just as he is even if he has piled on a few extra pounds.

Again, the vast majority - 91 per cent - of women would rather their man spent 'couple' time with them than pumped iron.

Almost as many - 82 per cent - would never nag their other half to work out or diet to improve their physique.

Exactly three quarters would rather be hugged by a flabby fella than a gym-hardened muscleman.

And 74 per cent admit they would feel self-conscious taking their clothes off in front of a perfectly toned man.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I, on the other hand, would give my right arm to run ma fingers down my husband's six pack....imaginary one but still! Love him for who he is but I can't say I'd be disappointed by this thought *lost*
  • RebeccaMae1983
    RebeccaMae1983 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We all know any kind of news coming from Fox is reliable. :D

I actually prefer thinner men and I'm not a fan of muscles but I don't make assumptions about someones personality based on their appearance.

People are attracted to different body types and what floats my boat might not float yours.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Does this work in reverse? I'm a girl with a 6-pack (okay, more like a 4-pack, but whatevs); does this mean my personality automatically sucks, I'm obsessive, I cheat, and I don't make time for my family? :huh:
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26446041/women-prefer-men-with-big-bellies
    A new study says women prefer men with big bellies.

Three out of four women say they'd rather have a man with love handles than a six pack. Almost 100 percent of the women surveyed said men with beer bellies have better personalities than those with a good body.

They also say guys in shape prioritize the gym over spending quality time with their significant others.

The British survey was carried out to mark the DVD release of the film "Bad Neighbors", which pits buff college boy Zac Efron against family man, Seth Rogan.

3 out of 4....
    bellies over 6-pack

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I prefer MY man over any other man. But I would like a bit more six pack and a bit less belly (and so would he, so we're at least on the same page)
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I prefer a man with a little softness over his muscle, not a beer belly, not unhealthy, just slight chunk. I find men that work out and have good muscle definition attractive, yes, but I find a little bit of chunk sexy. Not because of insecurities with my body, not because I'm worried he will spend too much time at the gym or because I think they are all *kitten*, just because it's my preference. Some men find chunky girls attractive too.

I don't understand the point to these surveys, you ask 100 other women and the stats will change, everyone has a different preference.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I prefer a "big belly" over 6-packs, but I definitely like a little softness in that area. It's comfier for snuggling :flowerforyou:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Seth Rogan's personality + Zac Efron's body (although, Zac Efron is a little too hairless for my taste)
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm sure they do. But the reasons for that preference are all messed up. It's based solely on stereotypes.

It doesn't even mention that a lot of women feel insecure about themselves if their partner is fit.

Who can keep up with all this?

Thank you for saving my the trouble of writing a post saying exactly this.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    1. What women say they want
    2. What women think they want
    3. What women actually respond to

Let me fix that for you:
    1. What people say they want
    2. What people think they want
    3. What people actually respond to
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    that's the best news I've heard all day!!! now I have a real chance!
    giphy.gif
    \m/
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies . . .

Though I thoroughly agee with the insecurity statements made. Kind of like loving the way a muscle car looks but not being able to handle the way it drives.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Love me some abs and intelligence. :3
  • shankasaurus
    shankasaurus Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Does this mean guys with 6-packs are having a hard time getting dates??? Because I am willing to take one for the team ladies!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Seth Rogan's personality + Zac Efron's body (although, Zac Efron is a little too hairless for my taste)

I was going to make a similar comment! I like my men with some chest hair! :wink:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Well, Thank GAWD I'm not a "Real" Woman!
  • Aint_Misbehavin
    Aint_Misbehavin Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does this work in reverse? I'm a girl with a 6-pack (okay, more like a 4-pack, but whatevs); does this mean my personality automatically sucks, I'm obsessive, I cheat, and I don't make time for my family? :huh:

Of course it does. Quit being such a biotch and have a cookie.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Seth! Personality wins me over most of the time.