Help me not fall into the Coke Zero trap!!

Options

Replies

• mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    In order of deliciousness:
    1. Coke Zero
    2. Pepsi Max
    3. Diet Pepsi
    4. Diet Coke

Pepsi doesn't even register on the delicious scale.
    Word.
    Agreed. :sick:
  • nvmooch
    Options
    Gonna throw my two cents in, for the penny it's worth...:flowerforyou:

Everyone knows that there is no health benefit derived from drinking diet soda. That being said, my own experience has been that when I drink my Coke Zero (I usually have one can per day), I noticed that I crave sweets more afterwards. When I gave up my diet soda for a few months, it seemed that my sugar cravings were non-existent.

Coincidence? Maybe. And it may not be true for everyone. But I'm trying hard to give it up again.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If a drink has ingredients I can't pronounce, I don't drink it.
    :drinker:
    If a drink has ingredients I can't pronounce, I learn to pronounce the ingredients. Just because you are ignorant of something doesn't make that thing dangerous.

cc287e44b6036a8c53ad2b057a51ebd7.jpg

haha awesome..
  • clcampbell1972
    clcampbell1972 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had a serious coke zero problem too. When I started this lifestyle change.I quit cold turkey. I have read horrible things it does to your body and makes you crave sugar.I also read its worse then smoking. I have noticed a big difference since I quit I am not bloated and even my skin looks better by drinking lots of water. I just feel better. It's hard to quit but well worth it.
  • JoeAAbernathy
    Options
    I have lost 70 pounds since May 5. I couldn't have done it without the succor provided by a coke zero a couple times a day.

The hyperbole against the product may have truth, but the fact is, it has probably saved my life.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Chemicals do not equal bad. You put tons of chemicals in your bodies all the time. Millions of people ingest N-acetyl-p-aminophenol when they have a headache. Got strep throat? Many of you go to the doctor and get on some (2S,5R,6R)- 6-{[(2R)-2-amino- 2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)- acetyl]amino}- 3,3-dimethyl- 7-oxo- 4-thia- 1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane- 2-carboxylic acid. If your thyroid doesn't function correctly, some (S)-2-Amino-3-[4-(4-hydroxy-3,5-diiodophenoxy)-3,5-diiodophenyl]propanoic acid will help you regulate it. We ingest chemicals ALL THE TIME. They aren't nearly as scary when you refer to them as Tylenol, amoxicillin, and synthroid. Without ingesting chemicals we wouldn't live as long as we do. Just because something doesn't come from nature doesn't mean it's harmful to us.

The bottom line is that there are ZERO studies that show aspartamine to be dangerous to humans when consumed in MODERATION. Sure you can post a study showing harm in rats but if the dose given is the human equivalent of drinking gallons of soda a day, what about that is even the least bit relevant?
  • JoeAAbernathy
    Options
    they can't cause weight gain if you don't shove the food into your pie hole. They may make you want sugar and other foods more, but if you don't eat them you won't gain weight. "Promote" doesn't mean "cause".
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Why are you opposed to diet soda? When consumed in moderation there is ZERO research showing it will have negative impact on weight loss. It is zero calories.

Caffeine is actually a good weight loss supplement. Again moderation is key but caffeine can be quite beneficial when losing weight. It can help performance in workouts and give energy when you are feeling sluggish.
    ^ This

Ain't nothing wrong with a little Coke Zero if you like it..
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Chemicals do not equal bad. You put tons of chemicals in your bodies all the time. Millions of people ingest N-acetyl-p-aminophenol when they have a headache. Got strep throat? Many of you go to the doctor and get on some (2S,5R,6R)- 6-{[(2R)-2-amino- 2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)- acetyl]amino}- 3,3-dimethyl- 7-oxo- 4-thia- 1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane- 2-carboxylic acid. If your thyroid doesn't function correctly, some (S)-2-Amino-3-[4-(4-hydroxy-3,5-diiodophenoxy)-3,5-diiodophenyl]propanoic acid will help you regulate it. We ingest chemicals ALL THE TIME. They aren't nearly as scary when you refer to them as Tylenol, amoxicillin, and synthroid. Without ingesting chemicals we wouldn't live as long as we do. Just because something doesn't come from nature doesn't mean it's harmful to us.

The bottom line is that there are ZERO studies that show aspartamine to be dangerous to humans when consumed in MODERATION. Sure you can post a study showing harm in rats but if the dose given is the human equivalent of drinking gallons of soda a day, what about that is even the least bit relevant?

Awesome post. I would also like to point out that the studies used to test the effects of aspartame used rats that developed tumors as a part of normal life to begin with. So every time they grew a tumor they blamed it on the aspartame when really there was no way to tell because there was a high possibilty that the rat was going to develop a tumor anyway...
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't anyone mentioned Vanilla Coke Zero yet? I'm sad.
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    DeguelloTex, word travels by mouth, her friend sent her a picture saying about the effects if diet. It's probably Not true perhaps, it's all about what you believe and I believe that chemicals should not be pumped into our bodies, they cause cancer. Did your great great grandma die by cancer? Likelihood, no. Because back in those days there was no such thing as processed food and nothing came easy. Dinner took hours to prepare and Everyone was happier. I believe depression is caused by not eating well, and not getting enough vitamins. My family suffer with depression, non of them eat well and I would say I eat moderately well. However, until the other day I always felt tired, and I thought it's just because I worked too hard, but it's because I don't get enough iron. It makes sense in my case. I don't believe in chemicals. My boyfriend found on the internet that beef burgers are red because of a gas pumped into them called amiona which causes cancer. You don't know what your eating or drinking. Our bodies weren't designs for to substain chemicals
    The grammar police just put out an A.P.B.
  • GBrady43068
    Options
    Because the vanilla "de-cancers" it. :wink:
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I can't get that here either! Just plain ol' Coke Zero for me.
  • tomandshell
    tomandshell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke and have instead had a Cherry Coke Zero 3-5 times a week throughout my diet and I am down 60 pounds. I guess that's my kind of trap.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Their is so much nonesense being posted on here

In order

1) Pepsi
    2) Pepsi max

thats all, nothing else computes
  • SeattleJill
    SeattleJill Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Why are you opposed to diet soda? When consumed in moderation there is ZERO research showing it will have negative impact on weight loss. It is zero calories.

Caffeine is actually a good weight loss supplement. Again moderation is key but caffeine can be quite beneficial when losing weight. It can help performance in workouts and give energy when you are feeling sluggish.

It's not about the weight loss/caffeine/toxins/whatever with me. I gave it up 60 days ago for political reasons. Mostly the manufacturing pollution, the treatment of workers in developing nations, and how shady the executives act getting involved in politics in these countries. It's my own little protest. But I live in an awesome city that has a lot of tasty alternatives that are made locally. I don't know why I fixated on soda for this. I'm sure my clothes are made by slave children and my chicken is made by slave chickens.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

It's not about the weight loss/caffeine/toxins/whatever with me. I gave it up 60 days ago for political reasons. Mostly the manufacturing pollution, the treatment of workers in developing nations, and how shady the executives act getting involved in politics in these countries. It's my own little protest. But I live in an awesome city that has a lot of tasty alternatives that are made locally. I don't know why I fixated on soda for this. I'm sure my clothes are made by slave children and my chicken is made by slave chickens.
    Good call. I'm sure those soda workers would be happy to go back to subsistence farming, begging, or whatever because their working conditions don't meet your standards.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i used to love cherry coke zero when i was trying to lose weight before. i dont do fake sugar much anymore because it isnt easy to digest but the reason i had to stop coke zero is because i could never beat my sugar addiction as long as i was hooked on the super sweet taste of it. i found i did better just eating less sweets. and the less sweet i took in, the less i wanted. so i dont.

to me its about changing my habits and as long as i keep doing the same things, calories or no, i dont feel like i am actually changing for the long term. better for me to change the habits that got me in this mess.

thats me, just my experience.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I don't know if diet soda is bad for you or not, but I don't drink it. I can drink coffee all day long with no issues, but one diet soda gives me a headache and cranks me up to the point of being jittery.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Because that's just gross. :sick: