Does anyone else keep touchin' themselves?

Options

Replies

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    <<<<<Sings.....When I think about me I touch myself.

This week it's been knuckles and wrists bones. Isn't it exciting?!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    LORD YES all the time.
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love the forums :tongue:

I find myself driving with one hand and the other hand is toching the shoulder and upper arm muscles, my husband just rolls his eyes. My boobs in the other hand have completely disappeared, so I hate touching them now, working on getting me a bood job. Nothing worse than turning yourself off :cry:

I don't have to worry about this. My boobies have always been saucers instead of teacups, so when I lose all the weight I need to lose, I imagine they'll still be saucers (just the fine bone china tea-sized ones instead of the ones that fly off at random, abduct people and swallow them whole).

I really appreciate all the replies to this thread. I *honestly* wasn't sure if my urge to just constantly touch myself was normal or if it was healthy or if it was just a straight-up "speak to your therapist" kind of thing. Glad to see it seems to be perfectly normal.

*pokes around at my ankle bone again*
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else (other than myself) keeps touching your body as you lose weight...or if this is something I should feel like a weirdo for?

I technically started at 344, but I didn't count the pounds I'd lost on accident (was very sick with the flu and lost 10 lb). I'm at 295 and while I still have a LOT of weight to lose...just that amount is changing my bod and it's nice to kind of "feel" in areas where there used to be a lot of fat.

Am I strange or is this a *somewhat* normal behavior when you're losing weight? :embarassed:

I know what you mean. Even though I haven't lost a lot of weight, I still marvel over the changes. I'm fascinated how my skin isn't as filled in/full as it used to be.

My old shoes are noticeably looser too. I've already gotten rid of 1 pair and I've bought a pair that may have been too tight 6 months ago. Definitely fondling my feet more.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You bet!!! I have put a lot of work into this body so I touch myself all the time. I still have to look twice when I look in a full length mirror wondering who the hell that guy is...lol!
  • mdavis0621
    mdavis0621 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been caught randomly feeling up my own muscles. Having lost weight and built some solid muscle, it is really nice and I sometimes get distracted by my own muscles.
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. It's lovely :)
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    i do the waist and butt thing myself a few times a week :tongue:
  • southernbuttercup
    Options
    I thought it was just me. I do it all the time now too.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hahaha..yes!

I have bicep muscles that I can see and feel now. It's so cool!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nah, you're just reacquainting yourself with your new body :flowerforyou:

After I lost 50lbs a few years ago, I couldn't stop running my hands over my hip bones, or stop admiring my thinner fingers. My wedding set I couldn't even wear for years is now too big, and actually falls off now.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    wow, i love this thread!

i had no idea other people did this. i sometimes squeeze my belly together, and there's so much less of it. i also poke it and my thighs, as both feel so different. and recently i started redeveloping thigh muscles - it's all so exciting :)
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not weird did it too. Wait until you bump cabinet or something and realize you don't have fat as a cushion lol... I feel hips never could a year ago.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    and i thought i'm the only one, i do touch myself and i notice some people give me that weirdo look but i realize here that it's normal
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I started at 300+ and there was a funny incident where at one point I "discovered" my hip bone. I kept touching and feeling around it thinking to myself "oh great.. what is this now? I don't have the energy to deal deal with random bumps and tumors right now". It took me a few minutes to realize what that was!

Another one, I remember when my side rolls started getting smaller. It was last summer, and I was wearing a very thin shirt. I would grab around my waist from the sides right and just walk. It was such a novel and nice experience to actually feel my muscles doing their job under that - now thinner - layer of fat, helping me walk. I never knew they kind of tense a little alternating sides.

I also went through a phase of touching my new found collar bones, such a cool feeling!

And for those who don't know what real loose skin feels like it's worlds of fun to play with. It's so tender and slightly wrinkled but very very soft. It has this thin layer of soft stuff right under it, and you can grab merely a millimeter of it and pull it away from your body, then it slowly and gently snaps back. I thought I would hate having it, but I don't.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Doesn't everyone?
  • lavendah
    lavendah Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's normal! I do that too..I keep touching my waist and I love that it's shape is so much better now,and it's significantly smaller than my bust and butt.I also love feeling my hipbones and collarbones (they were buried somewhere when I was on my HW).And I also keep wrapping my fingers around my thighs.I still want to lose about 20 more pounds,but it's a great feeling.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep...months after they have appeared, I keep touching my collarbone, ribs (can only feel those when lying down), and hipbones (when lying on my side). I also occasionally catch myself staring at my hands, which look drastically different.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I do this constantly with my hipbones and collarbones and ribs and stuff. I can't help it!