Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Did core 20 and HIIT 20 today
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Today was a "rest day". I did not have any workouts scheduled, but I worked in the yard for about 5 hours. I picked up pine cones, limbs and cleaned up after the winter storm we had last week. Nothing wrong with a little labor I guess. Going to rest easy as I have HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30 before church tomorrow. This will leave the rest of the afternoon to be lazy and watch the football games.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. A quick post because I'm tired and want to chill out for the rest of the day. Since today is my designated "rest" day I decided to complete the commercial challenge in order to get in some type of exercise. I jumped rope during the commercials of the Packers vs. Bears football game. When it was all said and done I jumped rope at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and burned 275 calories in the process.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    That's great Choco. I have burned "0" during the games as I sit in the Lazy Boy. LOL Of course this morning I completed HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30 before church. TF 55 EZ is tomorrow morning. I enjoy that workout. This is last week of HIIT before the cardio portion of TF kicks in.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    I did 55 EZ this morning. Obviously it's not EZ, but I can feel my improvement each time. I actually enjoy the finales and feel as if I have the moves down. This workout doesn't seem as long as the title indicates at all. Need to get all my workouts in this week as I am travelling up to Ohio this weekend and visiting my mom. She is an awesome cook and I never know how to say stop.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all. Well it's official, this is my last week of working from home. My team and I report to begin our record review next Monday so getting organized will be crucial. I already have an idea of what Sunday's dinner will be and I'll have to iron my clothes for the week and prepare my lunch and snacks so I can be ready to go. I'll have to now get up at 5 am, have an hour to workout, shower and be out the door so I can dodge the morning traffic. As a result, I may not be able to post as often or respond as I normally do. I still plan to log my exercise, food and participate in the thread as much as possible but the work schedule can be hectic at times so just not sure how much time I'll have to log on.

Today I completed Push Circuit 1 and since I was still a little sore from the increase of weights in last week's workout I also completed the Recharge dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I'm still a little sore but the stretch did feel great. I did not hula hoop this weekend so i may incorporate a little in before the day is over.

Coach: Fire 55 EZ is on the schedule for tomorrow and it's my first time so I'm hoping I can keep up the intensity for such a long duration. Once thing I learned about myself is that I am quick to make up moves if it's taking too long to get the choreography because I want to just keep moving.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Fire 45 Class and 10 stretch , i am also starting to see some definition in my abs, and it's only been 2 weeks :bigsmile:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Cookie- I did TF 45 this morning. It is my least favorite of the series, although i'm glad fire drills are included in the workout. I'm a big guy and it's a little too "dancy" for me. However, I am going to continue with the program and will do 45 on the scheduled days.

Choco- 55 EZ is not EZ but it has become my favorite workout. It absolutely does not feel like 55 minutes. This is a simple case of, if I can do this anyone can.

Have a great day everyone.
  • sonya041777
    sonya041777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    May sound like a stupid question, but what is Turbo Fire?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'll try to post quick b/c I have a work assignment that needs to get done by close of business and I have volunteer tonight.

Today was my first time completing the Turbo Fire - Fire 55 EZ dvd and it worked my booty good. The music is great but as always the choreography takes some getting use to but in my good ole chocolickkyss form I improvised when I felt like it was taking me too long to get the moves. Found myself cursing at the dvd a little today too because I really wasn't in the mood for such a long workout in the beginning but by the finale I was all smiles. In order to have a full hour of cardio I repeated the Fire 55 EZ warm up and when it was all said and done I burned 645 calories.
  • coachreyes
    Options
    May sound like a stupid question, but what is Turbo Fire?

Here is a description I copied off of another thread which sums it up pretty good.
    - on most days the class consists of high impact aerobics with choreographed moves
    - 2 days per week you do a HIIT class, High Intensity Interval Training...which is crazy fast Turbo Fire on crack...lol, but really its pretty basic moves (including plyometrics) done at a very fast pace for a short period of time (max 60 seconds) then repeated
    - the music in TurboFire is great and makes me work hard
    - the moves are sometimes hard to get right away but after a few times you know them by heart and can really give it your all, even if you don't get the moves perfectly you can still get a great workout
    - Chalene is a fantastic motivator
    -There are a lot of high impact moves, jumping...so be careful if you have joint problems...there is a modifier who demonstrates how to keep these moves low impact

I hope that helps. I completed 55EZ once again this morning. I knew this was becoming one of my favorite workouts. This workout absolutely does not feel like it lasts 55 minutes. I used to be dead by the finales and now I look forward to them. Tomorrow is TF 30 and Sculpt 30.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone and happy hump day! Today was not a great workout day for me. I awoke still feeling sore and a bit sluggish but knew I had to get the workout in early b/c a long day was ahead. Today I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. I don't know why but I don't really enjoy doing shoulder work and this circuit is primarily shoulders which made today's workout that much harder.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    How do i log turbo fire sculpt as ?, thanks guys :happy:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Cookie- i log sculpt and tone under strength training. i guess you could log it under circuit training also. i log the TF workouts as Low Impact Aerobics and the HIIT workouts as High Impact Aerobics. I think the important part is that you log and understand what you are logging it under. Others log it differently.

I completed TF 30 and Sculpt 30 this morning. I was mistaken because I have been doing TF 55 and 45 and went into the TF 30 thinking it would be easier. It wasn't easier, it was just shorter.:happy:

I was able to put more into it, because I feel my cardio is so much better now, and therefore able to get more from the workout. I really like following this workout and/or HIIT workout with a Sculpt or Tone workout. I was really feeling it this morning-in a good way. Tomorrow is a rest day and I need it as I will be travelling up I-77 to visit my folks in Ohio. Everyone have a great weekend.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire 55 today, still sore from from doing sculpt yesterday, hope u guys are having a great day :smile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! TOM is lurking and I have absolutely no energy and am pretty achy. In addition to not feeling great, I've been very busy trying to preparing for my return to the office next week. We've already been assigned cases so I've been doing a lot of prep work so I can hit the ground running next week. Anyway, Today I completed the Fire 30 dvd from the Turbo Fire program. I am sooooo glad a shorter workout was scheduled for today.

Cookie: I am using a hrm and just log them under their name but if I wasn't I consider the Turbo Fire and HIIT workouts as high impact aerobics. I haven't completed any sculpt or tone workouts yet since I'm doing the TF/CLX hybrid but when I'm lifting for CLX I jump rope in between sets so I would log it as circuit training.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday! Still not feeling like myself but managed to struggle through today's workout. I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program.

I am still busy with a prep work assignment so I hope to respond to posts later in the day. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Choco you are right about that , got TOM on wednesday , and the scale is going up and down, but finally today it went back down, today i completed core 20 and subsituted stretch 40 for HIIT 25 , hope u guys have a great saturday :happy:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! It is an absolutely beautiful day here in GA but I still don't feel the greatest due to TOM. According to the Turbo Fire schedule it was a Fire 30 or HIIT 15 day but I decided to change it up a little and headed to my local gym. Today I completed a 45 minute kickboxing class and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I tried to do HIIT on the elliptical but my legs could not hang after the kicka$$ kickboxing class.

I have taken the necessary prescription medication to deal w/these cramps and will chill out for the rest of the day.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Fire 45 and stretch 10