Anyone starting Turbo Fire in January?

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm no nutritionist nor am I a licensed trainer so my layperson's advice would be to start increasing in increments of 100 calories per day for a week or two at a time and then evaluate whether that impacted the results on the scale. If yes, did you gain/lose? If you gained then keep your calories where you are and evaluate for another week or two. If you lost then increase again by 100 and repeat the process. Similarly, if the scale didn't move then I would keep increasing in blocks of 100 calories until you saw a result and then determine your next course of action from there. At some point you'll know how your body reacts to a particular calorie level and then you can decide if you're happy with the results. The only rule is to never go below 1200 calories!

Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thank you sharon for your advice , i will up my calories by 100 and see where it goes from there , it's great to have someone like you helping me, when i am feeling down , i completed 45 EZ and 10 stretch 10 today
  • telcochik
    Options
    EVERYONE feels down at some point. That's why having friends here on MFP is so wonderful. People are so supportive and they just want to help. This is a great site!

Sharon
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Sharon. This community is extremely important to me and the support and inspiration I recieve is outstanding.

I was able to complete TF 45 this morning. It is not my favorite workout, however, I am warming up to it. I lost 3 lbs this week and that was very inspiring.

Have a great Friday.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I tried Fire 60 today and it was fun!! It will take some practice, of course, but that keeps me coming back for more!!

Great work everyone!

Cookie, I'm stuck too, so I know how you feel ~ here's to losing next week!

TGIF, I'll see you all Monday!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Great work CoachReyes and BeLIghtYear! Fire 60 is my absolute favorit and Fire 45 is my absolute LEAST favorite (HA) so we're completely in sync!!!

Today I completed CLX Burn 3 and Ab Burner. Tomorrow is Fire 45 EZ.

Have a fantastic Friday!
    Sharon
  • pallasathina
    Options
    I've got Fire 55 EZ today. I haven't been weighing myself this week because of TOM. I didn't want to get discouraged.

Cookie, keep your head up. I think you'll find having the HRM will really help. Before the beginning of the year, I had been exercising regularly but using a different calorie counter website. On some exercises the other site vastly over estimated my burn and others it vastly underestimated. Consequently, my deficit was never accurate and for that year and a half, I fluctuated between the same 5 pounds. Since using the HRM and being here, I've lost 6 lbs from my lowest previous weight.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed Core 20 and HIIT 20 :smile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I really hate that I have not been able to post more frequently because I truly miss communicating w/my MFP pals on a daily basis but getting back into the swing of things has taken longer than expected. It definitely doesn't help that work is consuming a lot of my time therefore I don't have much time to do anything other than log my exercise and food.

I had a tire blow out on my drive home this week while on a major intersate during the pouring rain. God definitely protected me b/c I was able to maintain control of the car and navigate from the fast lane to the breakdown lane without a problem. While waiting on AAA the HERO unit saw my hazards flashing and decided to pull over an offer assistance. He was able to replace the blown out tire w/the donut in less than 30 minutes. As a result of this tire blow out I spend the majority of this morning getting my tires replaced and aligned.

Here's a recap of my workouts this week.

Monday: I completed the Insanity warm up and then Push Cirucit 1

Tuesday, Fire 55 EZ was on the schedule but I just did not have the energy to complete the entire workout so I completed 40 minutes. I did not get the greatest burn but was happy I decided to push play instead of just laying in bed.

Wednesday, I completed the Burn Intervals dvd from the Chalean Extreme program. It was a better day energy wise and was able to get a decent burn so I'm happy.

Thursday, I completed the Fire 30 dvd from the Turbo Fire program.

Friday, I completed the Cardio Core and Balance dvd from the Insanity program.

Today, I walked/jogged a total of 4.2 miles while my car was being serviced.
  • telcochik
    Options
    I got my weighted gloves on Thursday from Beachbody so I decided today to do Fire 30 with the gloves. OMG my shoulders are still sore!!!!

Sharon
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Sharon- I have a pair of weighted gloves and I will use them soon. I will not do them tomorrow because I plan on playing golf in the afternoon. My golf game is bad enough without having sore shoulders.

Choco- Sorry to hear about your tire. 4.2 miles though is a tremendous use of the time it was serviced.

I completed 55 EZ this morning. This is such a great workout. I actually look forward to this one each time. I am making plans to purchase the bonus dvds for the spring. Everyone enjoy your weekend. I have a busy day tomorrow. TF 30 and Sculpt 30. Golf game and Super Bowl party. Thank goodness my rest day is on Monday.
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL CoachReyes! Considering it's now more than 6 hours since I finished my workout and my arms are STILL BURNING, I totally understand your concern about jeopardizing your golf game!

Enjoy the Super Bowl!
    Sharon
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed 55 EZ today, wanted to take a nice walk but it's raining here :sad:
  • coachreyes
    Options
    Quick Post. Completed TF 30 and Sculpt 30 this morning. I'm off to play golf then Super Bowl party tonight. Have a great day.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Sharon, I love my workout gloves ~ I've used them since the "old" days of Turbo Jam. They really do work!

Today was Fire 30 & Sculpt 30 for me, a great combo! I've actually learned Fire 30 well enough to do it with the music pumped up ~ what fun!

Tomorrow I'm going for Fire 60 again:happy:
  • telcochik
    Options
    Fire 60 with weighted gloves DONE! I'm so stoked! Bodybugg said I burned 545 calories so it was a great way to kick off the week!

Sharon
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    Great job Sharon! Let's see if I can hit that number tomorrow doing the same workout:smile:
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So after 2 weeks of not doing a single workout I have decided that I should just start over at week 1. I was only at week 3 anyways so it's not really a setback. Today was good though, i wasn't really feeling motivated when I woke up but I knew I had to get back into my routine or I don't know if I ever would. So I did Fire 30 plus a 3 mile walking DVD and I feel GREAT. I haven't had this much energy in well 2 weeks, I have already did all my cleaning for the day plus the 75 minute workout. Hopefully I can keep it going and not let myself slackoff again.
  • BeLightYear
    Options
    You can do it Kanakake!
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed fire 45 ans stretch 10 , have a good evening guys :happy: