Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

Options

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Ever think that some of them might just do it for themselves?

I will admit that, when I first started going to 24 Hour Fitness at age 23, I would not go in without MOST of my makeup on. It really had nothing to do with wanting to be checked out; I didn't want to be seen at all. But it bothered me to check form in the mirror and see that looking back at me when I was barefaced at home, so doing it in a place with other people was out of the question for me at that time in my life.

Now... I still wear some. I like to see myself in the mirror every once in a while getting closer to my goal, and it's more "realistic" that I'm getting closer if I see the person I'm used to seeing. I'm a makeup kind of girl, so that's who I feel like I need to see. I don't full-face it like the picture above, but I'm sure some people would think it was close. Meh.

*Disclaimer* Everyone has some sort of favorite/lucky/security blanket "thing" in their lives. This is mine. Dirty laundry aired.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Live and let live. If they're paying their membership fee, they can put on a ball gown, sit on the floor and read the newspaper if they want.

Also, am I the only person who has my hair and makeup done because I came straight from work? I worked 3rd shift, so it would usually be early morning.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    So, the thread I responded to got me thinking and my friend and I had this discussion as I would love for her to meet a nice guy and there are quite a few at our gym... When I am at the gym first thing in the mornings, I brush my teeth, my hair and wash my face- that's pretty much It. I have always been extremely focused and love the way I feel when I look in the mirror and see myself drenched in sweat and I feel strong and confident and I smile at my friends there and chat a little. And then I see the women come in, perfect hair, perfect makeup and this is at 5:00 in the morning-, not a single bead of sweat and I think, wow maybe I should be a little embarrassed by my lack of "trying" but you know what -I feel my strongest and my sexiest when I am myself and I see what I am capable of doing. My time at the gym may look to others as the freckled faced sweaty girl, but for me - i shine . Rock it out ladies

Other ladies may feel their strongest/sexiest when made up, and that's fine too. Some guys will like girls with make-up, some will like girls without. That's fine too.

Also your pug is adorable. I have two of my own.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't own makeup.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand the amount of time and energy that goes into discussing this subject. Is it a feeling of being imtimidated by more attractive or more attentive women? What is it? Do some people think that they're in competition with every other single person out there? I seriously want to know.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I doubt guys have even given this a moments thought.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I honestly do not understand the amount of time and energy that goes into discussing this subject. Is it a feeling of being imtimidated by more attractive or more attentive women? What is it? Do some people think that they're in competition with every other single person out there? I seriously want to know.

A lot of women will wear clothes, hair and makeup based on what they think someone else's perception of them might be. If someone is at the gym cruising for a man, she's going to want to display herself in the way she feels sexy - and not surprisingly, not everyone feels attractive (and receptive) to being picked up when they're sweaty, out of breath and in baggy clothes.

(No judgement from me. I'd personally like a 'move along now' wristband for the gym.)
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options

its either this or talking about whether the person above looks hot or not
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Yes, and yes.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    If someone is wearing make-up and has their hair did at the gym, does that make them automatically "high-maintenace"?

^hmmmm. You've worn make-up at the gym haven't you? It's ok. You don't have to admit it here in the *girls-who-wear-makeup-in-the-gym* shaming thread.

As for the op, Way 2 go, good for you OP! You're gorgeous natural. I like it when you show off your sexy freckles. Would bang.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    oh this thread again. "LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS I DON'T DO, I'M SO SPECIAL BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE THINGS OTHER PEOPLE CARE ABOUT"

it would nice if you also didn't care about how other people choose to carry themselves and just minded your business.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No one is addressing the fact that you can also wear a bit of makeup to the gym AND bust your *kitten* and lift heavier than someone going all natural. Don't matter none.
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's true- lots of competition amongst the ladies. When I was talking to my friend about it, she told me what her trainer said to her. He flat out told her that when she leaves the gym she is a knockout but when she comes in to train, no one will ever notice her. I personally told her that I would find another trainer if someone said that to me but she believes him. She has been interested in talking to a guy at the gym and doesn't believe me when I tell her the right guy for her will find her beautiful just as she is. She's very naturally pretty. I don't mean to sound judgemental, I have a lot of really close girl friends at the gym and I try to be a girls girl. A lot of women just don't give others compliments and I feel like we are all in there together for a common goal and I like making people smile.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    As long as the makeup isn't smearing all over some equipment, who cares? I'd be more worried about inappropriately clothed folks showing uncovered bits. :laugh:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    The only people I generally notice at the gym are the ones using the equipment I want.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Me, too.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    The only people I generally notice at the gym are the ones using the equipment I want.
    and Thank you
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Is Jo on vacation? Or maybe just bored with this women bashing women again.