Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

Options

Replies

• TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    So, the thread I responded to got me thinking and my friend and I had this discussion as I would love for her to meet a nice guy and there are quite a few at our gym... When I am at the gym first thing in the mornings, I brush my teeth, my hair and wash my face- that's pretty much It. I have always been extremely focused and love the way I feel when I look in the mirror and see myself drenched in sweat and I feel strong and confident and I smile at my friends there and chat a little. And then I see the women come in, perfect hair, perfect makeup and this is at 5:00 in the morning-, not a single bead of sweat and I think, wow maybe I should be a little embarrassed by my lack of "trying" but you know what -I feel my strongest and my sexiest when I am myself and I see what I am capable of doing. My time at the gym may look to others as the freckled faced sweaty girl, but for me - i shine . Rock it out ladies

This is very cool. :) Do guys actually approach you at the gym though?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    If someone is wearing make-up and has their hair did at the gym, does that make them automatically "high-maintenace"?

^hmmmm. You've worn make-up at the gym haven't you? It's ok. You don't have to admit it here in the *girls-who-wear-makeup-in-the-gym* shaming thread.

As for the op, Way 2 go, good for you OP! You're gorgeous natural. I like it when you show off your sexy freckles. Would bang.
    :blushing: guilty as charged.
    In between leaving work, picking up the kid from daycare, throwing together some leftovers for the hubs, and rushing to the gym before closing....hey I should have taken 2 minutes to remove my makeup so as not to be judged by other females for acting like I'm all that and a bag of chips.

Oh, wait....I don't give two sh*ts :ohwell:

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Alluminati
    Options
    If someone is wearing make-up and has their hair did at the gym, does that make them automatically "high-maintenace"?

and low maintenance = no makeup? some of the most high maintenance women i've known in terms of neediness, demands, personality disfunctions and overall drama didnt wear make up . plus any woman who calls herself low maintenance is more than likely not :laugh: just like those people who claim to hate drama in their relationships yet somehow all their relationships are one huge dallas episode
    QFT
    high-five-gif-3.gif
  • maccarossi1
    maccarossi1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I find it a little hilarious if girl rocked up at the gym looking like she was about to go out to a bar at night but that's just me, I honestly don't know if I pay enough attention to notice one way or another.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Fine at the gym.
    As y'all get into your 30's you might need a bit of makeup, before that i don't think most girls need much/any.

9NNaoNr.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what other people are doing at the gym?

I certainly don't because what other people are doing has absolutely nothing to do with my goals.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fine at the gym.
    As y'all get into your 30's you might need a bit of makeup, before that i don't think most girls need much/any.
    I always had dark circles even in my teens. My gramma immigrated from europe but she inherited and passed down to me dark circles. so even when i was younger when i could i would wear just enough to cover my eyes up. From a distance my eyes look like sockets because of of my eye circles…it sucks but its life
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Who cares? The only thing that bothers me is stuff that's going to affect my workout. If it's gonna trigger my asthma, like strong colognes or perfumes, then I'm not gonna be happy about it. Otherwise, not my business.
    Seriously; I'm more irritated if I get hit on at the gym. I just wanna focus on my sets, dammit! And I couldn't give a crap what others look like.
    This, i am married and crush on my hubby (i know imma dork:smile: ) so when i get hit on i literally am like why? i don't even have makeup on. It doesn't usually happen since i have a gym with the apartments i stay at and its not so busy like a commercial gym and just more worried about the old men going to "break a sweat"
  • Alluminati
    Options
    I'm WAY more into low maintenance gym girls who don't get made up to work out! What attracts me is seeing you bust your *kitten* and work hard. If you're there to be seen, all made up and NOT working out, then I have no use for you.

Note to self: wear a lot of makeup to the gym more often.
    ok, I responded to the OP with a guy's perspective on girls who were at the gym to work out, vs. girls who appear to be there just to be seen.

You wanted to take this opportunity to:

#1, declare that you don't care what other random strangers think of you. Which, BTW is not what the thread was about, nor was it a response that the OP asked for, but, ok. Fine. You offered your opinion which TO ME sounded like you were trying to tell the OP that she shouldn't care what others think because YOU are now free from that burden. Well, good for you. Maybe one day the rest of us can aspire to reach your level.

And then #2, you took it upon yourself to quote my reply which WAS a guy's perspective on the OP's original question and let everyone know that you clearly are too good for some neanderthal like ME, by posting your oh-so-clever "Note to self" remark. Well, I hope you feel better atop Mt. Self-Righteousness looking down on all the people that aren't as confident and self-assured as you clearly are.

You really have life by the balls, and you're wasting your time and your talents here on this forum. You should be doing motivational speaking somewhere making a real difference in the world. We are obviously not worthy.

Thank you however for gracing us with your presence.

Jimmie status: rustled.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm WAY more into low maintenance gym girls who don't get made up to work out! What attracts me is seeing you bust your *kitten* and work hard. If you're there to be seen, all made up and NOT working out, then I have no use for you.

Note to self: wear a lot of makeup to the gym more often.
    ok, I responded to the OP with a guy's perspective on girls who were at the gym to work out, vs. girls who appear to be there just to be seen.

You wanted to take this opportunity to:

#1, declare that you don't care what other random strangers think of you. Which, BTW is not what the thread was about, nor was it a response that the OP asked for, but, ok. Fine. You offered your opinion which TO ME sounded like you were trying to tell the OP that she shouldn't care what others think because YOU are now free from that burden. Well, good for you. Maybe one day the rest of us can aspire to reach your level.

And then #2, you took it upon yourself to quote my reply which WAS a guy's perspective on the OP's original question and let everyone know that you clearly are too good for some neanderthal like ME, by posting your oh-so-clever "Note to self" remark. Well, I hope you feel better atop Mt. Self-Righteousness looking down on all the people that aren't as confident and self-assured as you clearly are.

You really have life by the balls, and you're wasting your time and your talents here on this forum. You should be doing motivational speaking somewhere making a real difference in the world. We are obviously not worthy.

Thank you however for gracing us with your presence.

Come back status: lame
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Fine at the gym.

9NNaoNr.jpg

yeah. remember; *kitten* use blusher, ladies pinch.

tumblr_m3kvybiGmu1qh59n0o1_500.png
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    guys don't care about makeup because.....wait for it....yoga pants!
  • cj778449
    cj778449 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There's better places to meet someone than at the gym. Everyday I go to the gym people are focused on what they're doing...unless you're asking someone how many sets they have left or to show you how to do something most people don't even speak.
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity ... what does it matter what "guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls" is?

A guy's opinion on how women present themselves at the gym should 100% never matter to anyone. Ever.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity ... what does it matter what "guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls" is?

A guy's opinion on how women present themselves at the gym should 100% never matter to anyone. Ever.

This was my first exact thought.

And to answer THIS post
    Is Jo on vacation? Or maybe just bored with this women bashing women again.

BAW HA HA HHA HA

it's why I didn't originally click/register the post- I didn't realize it was a make up haters at the gym thread.

Because seriously WTF does make up = high maintenance?
    Works 3 jobs- lifts- dances- owns a motorcycle- owns a horse- buys my own steak... can change my own tires- but because I own hundreds of dollars of make up that makes me happy and suits my needs as a performer it means I'm high maintenance? sure. OKAY.

And again please remind my again how my make up bothers anyone? I don't use machines where my face is on the bench- and even if I do- I wipe my equipment down- not so complicated. Haters gonna hate.

For those who chose NOT to wear make up- that's your choice- but if you think it makes you break out- you're using the wrong products.

For those of you think you're more morally superior because I'm faking or compromising or whatever other phsyco babble other women project on to women who wear make up GTFO. Seriously.
    just G.T.F.O.

It's really effing sad- this comes up SO OFTEN I have an image I made/saved.

2 hours of russian power lifting- yeah- I look ridiculous in all my make up. Please- come tell me again how much I don't work- and how hard I'm fishing for men. Please- I beg you- come tell that to me at my gym.
    2014-07-04_135108_zpscf81d1b5.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

And to answer THIS post

BAW HA HA HHA HA

it's why I didn't originally click/register the post- I didn't realize it was a make up haters at the gym thread.

Works 3 jobs- lifts- dances- owns a motorcycle- owns a horse- buys my own steak... can change my own tires- but because I own hundreds of dollars of make up that makes me happy and suits my needs as a performer it means I'm high maintenance? sure. OKAY.

And again please remind my again how my make up bothers anyone? I don't use machines where my face is on the bench- and even if I do- I wipe my equipment down- not so complicated. Haters gonna hate.

For those who chose NOT to wear make up- that's your choice- but if you think it makes you break out- you're using the wrong products.

For those of you think you're more morally superior because I'm faking or compromising or whatever other phsyco babble other women project on to women who wear make up GTFO. Seriously.
    just G.T.F.O.

2 hours of russian power lifting- yeah- I look ridiculous in all my make up. Please- come tell me again how much I don't work- and how hard I'm fishing for men. Please- I beg you- come tell that to me at my gym and I will bench press you.

Fix'd

:flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

And to answer THIS post

BAW HA HA HHA HA

just G.T.F.O.

2 hours of russian power lifting- yeah- I look ridiculous in all my make up. Please- come tell me again how much I don't work- and how hard I'm fishing for men. Please- I beg you- come tell that to me at my gym and I will bench press you.

Fix'd

:flowerforyou:

YES!!!! i will.

I can. And I will. :drinker:
  • sallychildress
    sallychildress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, don't let the ugly egos keep you from posting. This has been a good topic for light discussion. Try not to be offended by some nazi responses, it really is just their ego. I like MFP for all it offers, including these discussions.

BTW, I am 52 and I usually wear make up to the gym, not always, but, I dont want to scare anyone, lol!

thanks for your post