Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

Options

Replies

• _imperfextionisbeauty_
    Options
    Live and let live. If they're paying their membership fee, they can put on a ball gown, sit on the floor and read the newspaper if they want.

Also, am I the only person who has my hair and makeup done because I came straight from work? I worked 3rd shift, so it would usually be early morning.

This and I also go after working, which I would not dare show up at without makeup... I may scare and scar some people lol ???? but I still bust my *kitten*.

But either way , with or without it, I don't think it matters.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm at the gym I look down at my workout shorts and baggy t-shirt and think, "I've worn these three days in a row. Time to get out the other pair of workout shorts and baggy t-shirt." That's about the extent of my fashion worries while at the gym.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It's always really funny to me when I see these kinds of posts because 1. Why are you paying that much attention to what everyone else is doing and 2. Does it really matter the level of maintenance you assign to other women? Just saying, it takes me literally 5-10 minutes (I can have this verified) to get ready in the morning and I have been told I seem like I'm wearing a "full face" of makeup. Not everything is as it appears and I can all but guarantee these women take less time to get ready than the time you have spent thinking about how long they take to get ready. Who cares if they want to look what they feel is their best at the gym?
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    who cares what guys think of any woman wearing make up or not, regardless of the location or activity. it's irrelevant.

also why should another girl care about a girl wearing make up? it should be left up to personal preference, if you don't like wearing make up that's wonderful. if a girl wants to wear full blown make up while she works out (who cares if she's sweating) then fantastic! it's not affecting you or your work out, shouldn't girls band together instead of picking each other apart? ladies supporting other ladies is the best thing. why pay any mind to another girl about her appearance? it's not a contest of who wears make up and who doesn't!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't judge the women who do because like the one girl said if i too am coming home from work or school or a lunch date with my husband i refuse to wash off my face to waste time to go to the gym only to take a shower. I wear proper gym attire and i take into consideration what i wear. Clean fitting matching and yes cute workout clothes help to get me there. I don't go extreme on the attire but it is important to take pride how i present myself to the world because obviously in here people can judge a girl if she is poorly or properly dressed, I don't need the later nike.. I do have nike stuff but not all a cute grey top works…if you don't like me i simply do not care for your attention to begin with and i must move on to focus on myself thank you very much snobby people of the gym world :) ah i feel better now:)
    I have seen one or 2 girls this way and it never bothered me. I don't need makeup. I need my hair out of my face and my bun cannot look like a beehive so yes a cut bun is nice or pony tale when i run... :) I am covered in sweat when I'm done so it doesn't matter what i look like…i do look hot in sweat and with a clean face…BUT I look hotter when i get to workout with makeup on b/c of an earlier event…and its not a full face makeup. Im an eye and cheek makeup girl. I always wear under eye cream/concealer/spf and nose concealer to hid red zones and dark circles…i get them bad and look horrible so if i feel confident and get away with a clean face with just that I am koshUR:)
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    If you aren't wearing makeup and the latest haute couture to the gym, I scoff at you
    You are not serious, right?
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ewww, make-up at the gym??? All I can think about is the gunk filtering into your sweaty pores and waking up covered in pimples.

^THIS^

:laugh:
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    When I do wear makeup its a little and i don't wake up with pimples-i think that happens if ones face is loaded with a full face of cakey thick makeup yeah. But a lot of girls have bad acne and wear it to feel less anxious to go take care of being healthy why is that so bad…I feel bad for them and some wear makeup to be stupid i just don't have time to care lol
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    If someone is wearing make-up and has their hair did at the gym, does that make them automatically "high-maintenace"?

^hmmmm. You've worn make-up at the gym haven't you? It's ok. You don't have to admit it here in the *girls-who-wear-makeup-in-the-gym* shaming thread.

As for the op, Way 2 go, good for you OP! You're gorgeous natural. I like it when you show off your sexy freckles. Would bang.
    :blushing: guilty as charged.
    In between leaving work, picking up the kid from daycare, throwing together some leftovers for the hubs, and rushing to the gym before closing....hey I should have taken 2 minutes to remove my makeup so as not to be judged by other females for acting like I'm all that and a bag of chips.

Oh, wait....I don't give two sh*ts :ohwell:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Ewww, make-up at the gym??? All I can think about is the gunk filtering into your sweaty pores and waking up covered in pimples.

^THIS^

Then you're doing it wrong.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I really don't give two f*cks about whether or not women at the gym are wearing makeup. I would often end up at the gym in makeup just because I was already wearing it earlier in the day, so why take it off? And if someone puts on makeup just to go to the gym, it doesn't affect my workout. Nothing I would ever do, but whatever.

But if it takes makeup to meet a person... you have to consider that as long as you're with that person, if that's what they liked about you, then you'll be wearing makeup forever.

It's like when a guy makes a point of always buying drinks and treats for girls out at the bars, and when he finally meets a girlfriend that way, he ends up getting annoyed when a few months in she still wants him to buy her things. Well, that's how you met her!

I personally would never try to put on a show in a way that was unnatural to me, in order to attract a date. If your friend is comfortable in makeup and doesn't mind wearing it to the gym, good on her, whatever... but if she's considering adopting the habit, for the purpose of meeting guys, I'd be wary.]

If I were single, I think I'd make a point of being nice and clean, and maybe wearing newer, non-stained workout clothes... but I'd prefer a guy who likes my lifting form, over one who likes my makeup. :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I go to spin class 3x a week and honestly .. none of the girls even put in much of an effort at all. The instructors cannot
    say anything as they will get ****** and just not come. But then .. everyone has their own reasons for being there.

I have never seen any of them sweat .. and honestly I would be impressed if one of them does. I am still waiting.

I have only seen one girl sweat more than me .. and I appreciate those that do make an effort to push it.

Now that is impressive, not their makeup.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I have many matching cute workout outfits with shoes in different colors to match. I do my hair in twisties or something cute, put on my eyeliner (only makeup I ever wear) and then go to the gym or on my walks or bike rides. I can care less what people think, I just like to look good in the mirror for myself. I feel that getting sweaty is like an added bonus to my "glow" ... I think looking your personal best at all times is great for the self confidence.
  • lizzybathory
    Options

^THIS^

Then you're doing it wrong.
    I guess everyone's skin is different, and I can only speak for myself... but the worst problem I've ever had personally, with wearing makeup to the gym, is leaving with raccoon eyes if I sweat particularly a lot. Then it washes off, and then my skin is fine.
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    Yes, it's true- lots of competition amongst the ladies. When I was talking to my friend about it, she told me what her trainer said to her. He flat out told her that when she leaves the gym she is a knockout but when she comes in to train, no one will ever notice her. I personally told her that I would find another trainer if someone said that to me but she believes him. She has been interested in talking to a guy at the gym and doesn't believe me when I tell her the right guy for her will find her beautiful just as she is. She's very naturally pretty. I don't mean to sound judgemental, I have a lot of really close girl friends at the gym and I try to be a girls girl. A lot of women just don't give others compliments and I feel like we are all in there together for a common goal and I like making people smile.
    I understand all except i am not quite sure about the... " she leaves the gym is a knockout but when she comes in to train, no one will ever notice her. " I am having a blonde moment here which doesn't happen but what did that remark mean exactly again?
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I go to a gym where 90+% of women wear makeup. I've yet to see one woman, even the ones dripping sweat, with dripping makeup on the face, raccoon eyes, etc etc. I hear about it all the time on MFP from the makeup-at-the-gym haters...but yet to see it in real lie.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    It's always really funny to me when I see these kinds of posts because 1. Why are you paying that much attention to what everyone else is doing and 2. Does it really matter the level of maintenance you assign to other women? Just saying, it takes me literally 5-10 minutes (I can have this verified) to get ready in the morning and I have been told I seem like I'm wearing a "full face" of makeup. Not everything is as it appears and I can all but guarantee these women take less time to get ready than the time you have spent thinking about how long they take to get ready. Who cares if they want to look what they feel is their best at the gym?

Confirmed and I agree completely.

People need to mind their own business. If a woman wants to get all fancied up for the gym, or goes from work to the gym without bothering to "dress down", then it is her business. Not yours.
  • theonepercentile
    Options
    never noticed