Guys perspective on low maintenance gym girls

Options

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I go to spin class 3x a week and honestly .. none of the girls even put in much of an effort at all. The instructors cannot
    say anything as they will get ****** and just not come. But then .. everyone has their own reasons for being there.

I have never seen any of them sweat .. and honestly I would be impressed if one of them does. I am still waiting.

I have only seen one girl sweat more than me .. and I appreciate those that do make an effort to push it.

Now that is impressive, not their makeup.
    Depends on music for me honestly. I went to a girl gym where the music was fast and i felt like i was in a club it was awesome fast upbeat bass music that was up-to-date and i had sweat going like a water fall no lie i worked in that class like i got paid double for it. I go to a new male/female club and take their spinning classes and they are playing country/ old school songs even one of the ladie instructors had average music. This club all in all i had 3 diff. spin classes and music sucked so bad i could not break a sweat…never went back…music is the breaker for meh
  • dualcollision
    dualcollision Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to make up. I pay attention to your muscles!
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    It's always really funny to me when I see these kinds of posts because 1. Why are you paying that much attention to what everyone else is doing and 2. Does it really matter the level of maintenance you assign to other women? Just saying, it takes me literally 5-10 minutes (I can have this verified) to get ready in the morning and I have been told I seem like I'm wearing a "full face" of makeup. Not everything is as it appears and I can all but guarantee these women take less time to get ready than the time you have spent thinking about how long they take to get ready. Who cares if they want to look what they feel is their best at the gym?

Confirmed and I agree completely.

People need to mind their own business. If a woman wants to get all fancied up for the gym, or goes from work to the gym without bothering to "dress down", then it is her business. Not yours.
    I feel this one too, I don't get offended by the lunkier chicks as i am kinda considered a lunk…but I'm on my way hehe
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I don't own makeup
    The ultimate in low-maintenance!
    Me too, though I wear clear nail polish because my nails are weak & I'm trying to stop them from breaking as easily.
    Not exactly changing my appearance any.
    I honestly do not understand the amount of time and energy that goes into discussing this subject. Is it a feeling of being imtimidated by more attractive or more attentive women? What is it? Do some people think that they're in competition with every other single person out there? I seriously want to know.
    Not intimidated in the least.
    What someone else looks like (makeup-wise) doesn't affect me any, but I do wonder about why she's at the gym, and why she would put so much effort into it when it's going to get destroyed.
    (Or why she's bothering to come to the gym if she's not going to work hard enough to get sweaty & destroy it, wipe it off with her sweat rag. And of course, then she has to wash the rag more often.)
    Either reason seems pretty pointless.
    If I were a guy, I'd avoid that type just because she engages in pointless actions.
    a lot of girls have bad acne and wear it to feel less anxious
    Wear less makeup, have less acne.
    Once my teen hormone change settled down, I haven't had any.
    I also don't wear makeup or use any creams.
    Just plain soap & water too.
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you aren't wearing makeup and the latest haute couture to the gym, I scoff at you
    You are not serious, right?

Wrong!

Preach! I, too, would scoff at a woman out of makeup. Get right, ladies.
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    If you aren't wearing makeup and the latest haute couture to the gym, I scoff at you

Wrong!
    wow and i would be the BETTER for it =p
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    a lot of girls have bad acne and wear it to feel less anxious
    Wear less makeup, have less acne.
    Once my teen hormone change settled down, I haven't had any.
    I also don't wear makeup or use any creams.
    Just plain soap & water too.
    [/quote]
    Its hormones..I never used to get acne in high school, i always washed my face religiously day and night and i would wear mascara and cream that my skin doesn't react to just under the eye and on the nose because it gets red well i mean hardly any makeup at all and it was everywhere like huge ones all over my face. I got medicine and went away and i wear more make up now than i did back that 2 years ago but still not like cake its just eye shadow/mascara and blush if i got in from a lunch date or work and ready to sweat it out and i have hardly any zits. My doctor/DERM said its all my hormones. :)
  • RedArizona5
    Options

Wrong!

Preach! I, too, would scoff at a woman out of makeup. Get right, ladies.
    Wow Major eye roll right back at you-no time for you get the steppin
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    Like i dont care if you wear make up but I'm not going to care if you DOnt for REALZ guys get a grip. Its life-it happens and to all of us and so just focus and go home or move out of my way no offense
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    If someone is wearing make-up and has their hair did at the gym, does that make them automatically "high-maintenace"?

^hmmmm. You've worn make-up at the gym haven't you? It's ok. You don't have to admit it here in the *girls-who-wear-makeup-in-the-gym* shaming thread.

As for the op, Way 2 go, good for you OP! You're gorgeous natural. I like it when you show off your sexy freckles. Would bang.
    :blushing: guilty as charged.
    In between leaving work, picking up the kid from daycare, throwing together some leftovers for the hubs, and rushing to the gym before closing....hey I should have taken 2 minutes to remove my makeup so as not to be judged by other females for acting like I'm all that and a bag of chips.

Oh, wait....I don't give two sh*ts :ohwell:

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup to the gym (or hardly ever). There are some women who come to my gym in full makeup with their hair done. When I see them ..... I smile and say "hi" just like I might do with anyone working out near me. The End.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Some of the men in my gym have full makeup too. We're equal opportunity that way.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I remember this stuff said about girls/women at the public pool. The naturals v made ups. The op is trying to get up a posse of her kind to make fun of the other side. If you really feel beautiful, stop fishing. But, thanks for the teen angst memories.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The only people I generally notice at the gym are the ones using the equipment I want.

+1
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Some days I come in with no makeup and a messy bun, some days I come in with a perky ponytail and full makeup. Usually, it depends on what else I did that day or what I plan to do after, or just what I feel like doing. Sometimes, as backwards as it sounds, putting on makeup makes me feel more enthusiastic about going to the gym. It just depends on the day!

I say, don't worry about others. I never notice if other women are wearing makeup or whatever. I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Options
    Ever think that some of them might just do it for themselves?

I will admit that, when I first started going to 24 Hour Fitness at age 23, I would not go in without MOST of my makeup on. It really had nothing to do with wanting to be checked out; I didn't want to be seen at all. But it bothered me to check form in the mirror and see that looking back at me when I was barefaced at home, so doing it in a place with other people was out of the question for me at that time in my life.

Now... I still wear some. I like to see myself in the mirror every once in a while getting closer to my goal, and it's more "realistic" that I'm getting closer if I see the person I'm used to seeing. I'm a makeup kind of girl, so that's who I feel like I need to see. I don't full-face it like the picture above, but I'm sure some people would think it was close. Meh.

*Disclaimer* Everyone has some sort of favorite/lucky/security blanket "thing" in their lives. This is mine. Dirty laundry aired.
    I'll admit, when I was younger, I was the type in the gym, without makeup, wondering why women came in with full makeup on, if they were going to sweat it off. Now that I am older and have dark circles under my eyes and look sick without some sort of makeup on, I can see myself investing in some sort of water proof mascara and concealer just to look like a normal human being.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Who cares? The only thing that bothers me is stuff that's going to affect my workout. If it's gonna trigger my asthma, like strong colognes or perfumes, then I'm not gonna be happy about it. Otherwise, not my business.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Who cares? The only thing that bothers me is stuff that's going to affect my workout. If it's gonna trigger my asthma, like strong colognes or perfumes, then I'm not gonna be happy about it. Otherwise, not my business.
    Seriously; I'm more irritated if I get hit on at the gym. I just wanna focus on my sets, dammit! And I couldn't give a crap what others look like.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I always wear makeup wherever I go, even to the gym, but it is for me, not for random people that I hope to "impress." I have blotchy skin with scars from my teen years, so foundation and a little powder are a must for me, confidence wise. And light eye make-up makes me actually look awake and not half asleep. It is kind of amusing to think that there are people there judging me for the 10 minutes I spend pre-gym to put on makeup.