Got called Fatty :(

Options

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ** rolls eyes **

some people just want to watch the world burn.

IT ISN'T YOU! This is a reflection of themselves. Decent people don't say things like this.

This person has no class, no morals and is down right jerkness...

YOU ARE WORKING ON YOU!! GREAT F'N JOB!

What did HE do for himself today? oh! He made someone else feel like crap. Lovely for him.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORD!! I'm cheering you on over here!!! :happy:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you happened to cross paths with a complete tool. I know it's hard to toss the bad feels aside just like that, but their comment was about them, not you. They didn't see you and then feel compelled to make a comment. They wanted to say something hurtful to the next person they saw, that person happened to be you, and they decided that saying something about your weight would most likely hurt you. Can you imagine how miserable a person must be to act that way?

Better to be overweight than dumb, mean, sad, classless and worthless even if you never lose another ounce.
  • labruzzo
    labruzzo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    And while you were walking they were driving. I wonder who is fitter...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Ergo the "I can lose weight but you'll still be ugly" bumper sticker. Congratulate yourself that you are not the kind of low-life pond scum who would do such a thing to anybody! The guy is clearly an asshat.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    so sorry :( - just use it as fuel, keep the fire burning

unfortunately people are *kitten* sometimes, for me when I am at the gym if I see a heavier person working out (not referring to you as heavy) then I just want to go tell them to keep kicking *kitten*, but some people are cruel
  • BunnySwann
    Options
    Some day they are going to look back and regret that they did that.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS listen to music when I'm walking outside, so I have no idea what anyone is saying. Whatever it is, they get a smile and a nod. Except for this old man who walks early mornings in my neighborhood. I take out the headphones for him because he always has something pleasant to say. I guess he remembers when people were friendly to their neighbors and people they encounter.
    Don't let them get you down. it doesn't matter why they did it. They don't matter to you. Unless they do. And they certainly don't have to.
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is a hurtful thing to do but think of it this way. You are working on being healthy and being the best YOU can be. This person was sitting on their lazy behind hiding behind a moving car yelling out a window. WHAT A COWARD they are. You are better than this so ignore and hold you head high. We cannot control anyone but we can control how we respond.

Great job on your walk :)
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    igonore it,some people are just insensitive jerks
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of insensitive people in this world. Some say things without thinking. Heck, pretty sure I have stuck my foot in my mouth a bunch. Some people deliberately say ugly things. Unfortunately, some people put others down as a way to make them feel better about themselves. However, what you are doing is not for them. What you are doing is for you. What you think and feel matter. What they think and feel is their problem. Yes, the words can hurt . . . a lot. But the words that matter are your words. You have already lost forty pounds. That is significant. You are pressing forward. That is even more significant.

I remember reading the comments of an NFL quarterback. He got juiced and excited when he would play away games in the opposing team's stadium. He knew he was doing well when he heard lots of booing. He liked to go into those stadiums and make the crowd boo.

Keep going. Do the right thing. Ignore the naysayers and cat callers and refuse to drop to their level. And keep whittling away at the parts you want to get rid of/reform, until all that is left is you. :-)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Don't let some idiot stop you. Keep going. Also, get some headphones. I can only imagine the things yelled to me over the years, but I'm totally oblivious if I have my tunes going.

Yeah, who knows what I get called. It's easy to laugh when you're driving a car and not out there doing it yourself. I bet you have better endurance than the jerk yelling at you. Keep going.

I'm the one yelling "why won't you let me love you?!" as I drive back and forth past you.

OP, some people suck. I'm sorry they directed it at you. Definitely get some headphones and tune out the aholes.
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather be fat me, than be the skinny guy who yelled out his car window.... because skinny or fat, I know I am loved and forgiven. I know because it is a gift I have received. Evidently the man in the car knows neither love or forgiveness.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Ignore them and keep up the good work 8)
  • mrsnorthup
    Options
    Are you familiar with the song "Words," by Hawk Nelson?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1O1CK0Tur4

Or "Overcomer," by Mandisa?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw

Or "Brave," by Sara Bareilles?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

<3 Some people are going through their own thing and don't feel good about themselves unless they are making someone else more miserable than they are. Don't give up! You're doing great!!!!!! You've overcome 40 pounds? That's awesome! I'm just a quarter there, and it's a fight!
  • cburke719
    Options
    Ever hear the term "Fat is Beautiful", anyhow just ignore them and move on. Who cares - you do and you are doing the right thing on your walk. You've lost 40lbs and that's a fantastic feat in itself.

Keep going girl....

You look great!
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thank god you are not that a-hole. They are obviously bored or liking to spread misery, people like that know what kind of feelings they spread and they're making a conscious decision to be an a-hole. They get off on it, on some level.
    My sister said to me once when I was ruminating on someone being an a-hole to me "Does that person mean anything to your life? would they come to your aid if you needed them? Do you think that they are thinking about you when you are not around them?" I said "no" so she said "Then why are you giving them so much power over your emotions?" I was like huh no, *kitten*...Since then I recognize when other people are being butt munches and I really ask myself. Is this someone whose opinion should matter to me? Is this input something that is beneficial to me? and if it's not I forget about it and move on. I also say 'forgive me my tresspasses, as I forgive those who trespass against me." and then it *poofs away. If it really hangs on, I ask myself okay so why is this really hanging on?

So don't let some *kitten* who wants to spread misery to you, spread it! You've done great you got your walk in.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    F**k 'em. You keep doing you.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Thank god you are not that a-hole. They are obviously bored or liking to spread misery, people like that know what kind of feelings they spread and they're making a conscious decision to be an a-hole. They get off on it, on some level.
    My sister said to me once when I was ruminating on someone being an a-hole to me "Does that person mean anything to your life? would they come to your aid if you needed them? Do you think that they are thinking about you when you are not around them?" I said "no" so she said "Then why are you giving them so much power over your emotions?" I was like huh no, *kitten*...Since then I recognize when other people are being butt munches and I really ask myself. Is this someone whose opinion should matter to me? Is this input something that is beneficial to me? and if it's not I forget about it and move on. I also say 'forgive me my tresspasses, as I forgive those who trespass against me." and then it *poofs away. If it really hangs on, I ask myself okay so why is this really hanging on?

So don't let some *kitten* who wants to spread misery to you, spread it! You've done great you got your walk in.

Love this!!! An MFP friend of mine gave me the same advice recently & it helps.

OP, eff them! You are doing AWESOME!!! Like others said, wear headphones to drown out the stupid comments in the future & keep working towards your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't let a moronic comment undo all your hard work. Think of all you have accomplished and will.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally. Usually when you yell out the window at someone you just pick the first thing that comes to mind since you have limited time to think up an insult.