Got called Fatty :(

Options

Replies

• lisa5of5
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. You deserve better. You have ALREADY done something much more difficult than those complete a-holes could ever imagine doing. Remember that and keep moving forward. Also, try to imagine a giant bug flying into their mouth as they are shouting out the window. That might help too. :happy: :happy:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    People can be cruel and ignorant. The fact is you're out doing something to better yourself and that's all that matters. To paraphrase someone else.................."NO MATTER HOW SLOW YOU GO, YOU ARE STILL LAPPING THE PEOPLE ON THE COUCH'

Good luck with your weight loss and fitness and don't let the bullies and the haters drag you down :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I ditto the advice on listening to something while you walk. I either listen to audiobooks or music when I run. I know that several people have yelled *something* at me from cars while I'm running, but I have no clue what they said because all I hear is muffled yelling.

I pretend like they're yelling encouragement (maybe they are, I don't know).
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Man, **** anyone who is stupid enough to try to bring someone down while they're clearly working to improve themselves. You keep doing what you're doing. :)

ETA: I just came across this, and love it. Thought I would share.

541046520cf232f853e22467-610xh.jpg
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    So, Just came back from a 4.26 Mile walk, fairly brisk pace, think I'm doing pretty well, I've lost over 40 lbs, and while walking a car drove past & someone yelled out the window "WALK FASTER FATTY" Made me feel a little like all my hard work is nothing. Not sure if this makes me feel unmotivated, or more motivated to 'show them' Still trying to sort out my feelings right now and needed to vent!

People yell and throw things at you even if you're thin. It's about them being *kitten*, not your weight.
    Don't let them slow you down.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bad Karma coming their way! They had a laugh at your expense because they're hollow inside. I'm so sorry you experienced this. Two great things happened -- it reminded you to continue being a good person and made you even more determined to reach your fitness goals. That's the best lemonade from lemons I can think of now. Chin up -- carry on!
  • MelisaMarie0239
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. Since that person wants to have an opinion about you, I would like to have an opinion about them:

1) Only cowards yell something out of a moving vehicle. It would take more balls for them to stop the car and say it to your face. It takes incredible courage to face the world every day when in a state of self improvement and self empowerment. You give them the finger next time - courageous woman!

2) The person who said it was likely a child/teenager. By default children are ignorant and really don't understand the ramifications of their actions yet. You're a mature adult setting a healthy and courageous example. Too bad they missed it.

3) This person was bored and looking for something to do. It had nothing to do with you, your amazing lifestyle change or goals. You've got goals - they obviously don't - pity them - not yourself.

4) Their parents are not doing a good enough job of guiding their children - pity them once again for losing out on an important part of life - childhood.

5) Children are not the only ones who are ignorant or immature. For the reasons mentioned in 3 & 4 sometimes we deal with adults stuck in this state - pity them for not being a progressive and evolved being.

And, just because - Authority over your life is yours and yours alone - don't give it away to ignorant, bored, unmotivated, pitiful people. Besides, they aren't going where you are going no matter how fast you are going. The point is You. Are. Going. and You. Will. Get. There.

Go get it!
  • So mean and what a jerk!!!!!
    You're beautiful and what some *kitten* says means nothing !
    If it makes you feel better, my son calls me fat on a regular basis and I'm a size 6 so I really don't think I'm 'fat'
    I personally am not happy with my body so I am trying to tone up and get back into the shape I used to be in but trust me, I am not fat and neither are you!!!!!!!!! That person was simply a JERK -probably a teenager like my son who thinks everyone should be a size zero like the girls he dates (who are TEENS not women!) I hate society's distorted views on body image
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Just laugh in their faces! They don't know how far you've gotten.
    People are dumb and mean and don't realize how much they can hurt with these ****ty comments.
    Just keep working hard and your progress will make them swallow their words, you can do it! :) x
  • Man, **** anyone who is stupid enough to try to bring someone down while they're clearly working to improve themselves. You keep doing what you're doing. :)

I LOVE THIS -this sums up perfectly how I feel (and couldn't phrase so perfectly!)
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    People who try to tear you down aren't worth your time. You're doing great and making good progress - you should be proud of yourself.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    yell back at them with "fatty mcfat fat"
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Has happened more times than I can remember. I just use it as inspiration to go a little farther.

I -am- unarguably fat. But I won't be soon.

Just keep kicking as*. To hell with the rest.
  • shadowmail
    Options
    and Idea, if it happens again, take down the license number, report them for littering.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work and to HECK with the jerks. There will always be mean people in the world. The best thing you can do for yourself is forget it. AND remember we are all here to support you :flowerforyou:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    In a few more months you will be even fitter, unfortunately for them they will still be arrogant and ignorant. Who do we all think is in the best position. YOU. I like the idea of reporting them, harassment comes to mind.
  • lh8609
    Options
    Happened to me today, whilst on way to school to pick my daughter up with my sick 7 month old baby in pram having just been docs to get her medicine. He shouted so loud it made me jump. Wished I hadn't put shorts on today but then thought no f**k you. Ugly c**t!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that garbage. *kitten* em'!
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hope you smiled, shot them the finger, and kept on walking. People can be such jerks sometimes.
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Keep going. People can really be cruel, insensitive, and complete jerks. Karma will get them at some point!!

You got this!