Got called Fatty :(

Options

Replies

• suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! My husband and I always say Mc with everything. Like drunky mcdrunk drunk, jerky mcjerk jerk..(not to each other, of course)!.you get it! :happy:
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    yell back at them with "fatty mcfat fat"

LMAO!! My husband and I always say Mc with everything. Like drunky mcdrunk drunk, jerky mcjerk jerk..(not to each other, of course)!.you get it! happy
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    What a bunch of jerks!

Keep on keeping on!
  • stynfit4life
    stynfit4life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wasn't called Fat but some old man in my community said " wow, is this Number 3 or 4 "- ( i have 3 kids Thank G-d) , But i don't want to hear that. I was too embarrassed to mention that to my husband. That seriously pissed me off. But i guess great motivation
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ugh, those are the worst- especially when you're in the middle of being active. It's so hard but you have to just let it roll off your back. That stranger has no knowledge of your life, of your journey, of your struggle, or the work you're doing. If you allow yourself to be upset about it you give them power over your emotions. Does a complete stranger deserve that kind of power? I don't think so. You should smile knowing every day you're working towards getting healthier and what your goals are- for you. ((HUGS))!
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    So, Just came back from a 4.26 Mile walk, fairly brisk pace, think I'm doing pretty well, I've lost over 40 lbs, and while walking a car drove past & someone yelled out the window "WALK FASTER FATTY" Made me feel a little like all my hard work is nothing. Not sure if this makes me feel unmotivated, or more motivated to 'show them' Still trying to sort out my feelings right now and needed to vent!

Let me begin with saying you're lovely and congrats on your progress. Now as far as what you heard...who cares?! Sure you're probably thinking "I care" but...you shouldn't. There is only one opinion that should matter, and that's your own. You know that you've lost over 40 lbs, you know the amount of effort you put into your health day in and day out, so only what you think about yourself should matter.

Some *kitten* driving by trying to make someone else feel bad because they're dealing with their own feelings of inadequacy shouldn't even be a speck on your radar. People who bully or pick on others are flawed, and they choose to pick on others because they know they're flawed. If the attention shifts from themselves to others, they hope people won't notice how flawed they are. Every time someone says something to put you down try to remember...Mind over matter, I don't mind because you don't matter (my hubby taught me that one)
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Some adolescent once yelled out "Look at the *kitten* on THAT". And I was feeling pretty good about myself at the time...

Still, it took me over 18 months to find a diet that worked (and a lot of the time I wasn't looking so hard ..." and then I heard about MFP and it was like a switch just flipped.

But that <expletives deleted> jerk didn't do anything other than make me feel a bit miserable. And I weighed nearly 18 stone (250 lbs) at the time...
  • Charity2001
    Options
    Ignore them, Paula. Someone has nothing better to do than to criticize others.

Got a Walkman or a Discman? Or an MP3 player? Or a cellphone?
    Got earbuds?

Find a few good stations, an audiobook, or some music you like, and take that on your walks. Boogie on while you're getting your exercise.

This. Just enjoy your little piece of the world and ignore the rest of it. Don't let asshats like this get into your head. 40 pounds is UH-MAZE-ING. Keep on keepin' on and soon enough they'll be rolling down the window to yell "MILF!" (Happened to me while walking my son to school. Swoon! LOL)
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Some people are just cruel. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. You are doing great, keep going and be the best you, you can be.
  • Vernoz
    Vernoz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 years ago when I was 40 pounds overweight a woman turned me down for a second date because "there was no physical chemistry". I was crushed, guys learn how to handle rejection at an early age but most people coach it in different terms to save your feelings.

I'm now 40 pounds lighter and have pretty good muscular definition & tone. I ran into the same woman recently at the grocery store and suddenly her whole manner is different, shes leaning in while we talk and very flirty. After making pleasantries I said goodbye and she stops me and asks for a coffee. I was classier than her and just said "Thanks but I'm seeing someone" but damn if it didn't feel good.

Keep going, revenge is delicious.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's at times like this when that middle finger comes in handy. .
  • jc_0324
    Options
    So, Just came back from a 4.26 Mile walk, fairly brisk pace, think I'm doing pretty well, I've lost over 40 lbs, and while walking a car drove past & someone yelled out the window "WALK FASTER FATTY" Made me feel a little like all my hard work is nothing. Not sure if this makes me feel unmotivated, or more motivated to 'show them' Still trying to sort out my feelings right now and needed to vent!

People like that have a problem with themselves. Putting other people down makes them feel better. I can understand feeling unmotivated but whatever you do, do not let it get to you. I wish I could just blow out his fricken tires!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    They're just being a-holes who think they're funny.

Don't let them get you down or feel badly about yourself. Pick yourself up and get back out there. Don't let some jerk take away what you've accomplished.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The LAST thing you should do is give this A-hole a second thought. I believe in karma, so no worries, they will get theirs. You just keep on doing what you are doing.:flowerforyou:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

You can and you are doing something about your weight. The a-hole who bullied you probably can't fix his massive personality flaws.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The cruel immature people just can't help their stupidity.

Stay motivated and keep kicking *kitten*!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    carry a rock and put it through their facking window next time.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I was on a thirty mile bike ride with two friends, one of whom is a ripped PT and the other who is 5'3 and itty bitty. We were already ten miles in and stopped to take a water break-it was the middle of summer. A car drove past and the passenger yelled "You can't stop, you haven't even burned off a cheetoh yet!" Considering they were at out destination point when we showed up, were a bunch of scuzzy 20 something dudes, and we had ridden there while they had driven, I didn't take it to heart. But I still wonder-what the **** enjoyment did you really get yelling that!

Chin up buttercup, it will all be worth it!
  • findingmarina
    Options
    I get called many things while I am walking and than again you have to look at it this way:

1st - they are cowards, I mean who insults someone and just drives away!! very easy to do huh?? probably same folks who hide behind a computer and keyboard and taunt others.

2nd - they must have low self esteem...they have to put others down to make themselves feel better.

In conclusion: THEY ARE BELOW YOU, they had to get you DOWN to be able to LIFT themselves up.

In the end - karma is a *****, so you better hope she is beautiful
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Don't give a *kitten* what anyone besides your family and close friends think of you.