Congratulating MFP friends who make bad choices

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    If someone gave me grief for eating a slice of pizza I would ***** slap them into next week. I live a pretty damned healthful life and a slice of pizza here and there or a stop into the McDonalds drive through from time to time doesn't negate all of my other nutrition.

I'm most definitely an advocate of healthful eating and healthful habits as I am a nutrition and health geek, not just about weight loss...but if someone want to eat nothing but fast food, more power to them..it doesn't matter for weight loss so long as they are hitting their calorie goals and being consistent...and for that I would congratulate them.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's all about context. I have people on my FL who are recovering anorexics, so if I see them eating pizza or Happy Meals, *kitten* yeah, they get all kinds of congratulations. I also have friends who are trying to reduce the amount of fast food they eat, so if they're having a Happy Meal instead of a larger meal, that's a good choice for them.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Coffee dude:

You mad, bro?

:)
  • pixelatedsun
    pixelatedsun Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Thanks for picking out my dinner for my Friday night, OP!
    Hmm, not sure I'd have chosen the Roseanne and Dan Conner there...

2014-09-04-tumblr_lne3crs1Qu1qjabnao1_500.gif

If Rudy can do it, I can do it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Very gross looking, but at least a better choice.
    Enjoy your take out pizza.
  • pixelatedsun
    Options
    giphy.gif

In all honesty, I get a frozen margharita pizza or make one myself and split it up between 2 meals. But there are no gifs of people eating margharita pizza. Sorry. :laugh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

In all honesty, I get a frozen margharita pizza or make one myself and split it up between 2 meals. But there are no gifs of people eating margharita pizza. Sorry. :laugh:
    no frozen pizza gifs? What is this? the 80s???? :wink:
  • pixelatedsun
    Options
    giphy.gif

no frozen pizza gifs? What is this? the 80s???? :wink:

tumblr_msez0lHECz1sgwopno1_500.gif
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • pixelatedsun
    Options
    tumblr_mxffgkrbNV1s1hsu3o1_250.gif
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

I consider this irrefutable proof that there really is a gif for every occasion.
  • pixelatedsun
    Options

I consider this irrefutable proof that there really is a gif for every occasion.

url-3.gif
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't look at any of my friends' diaries but it is their choice what they eat.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I understand your concern, OP.

But you're not here to be the "fat loss police."
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know everyone's probably said what I'm going to say, but I want to speak my mind anyhow.

Every single day I stay under my calorie limit. Whether I do that with tacos or a giant plate of veggies, I'm achieving what I set out to do. I know everyone needs nutrition, but I've consulted with my doctor, I'm watching the numbers on the things that we both agree need to be monitored, and I'm also enjoying myself.

I've spent years thinking I had to conform to peoples' standards like yours. That if I'm eating anything other than fresh veggies and fruits that I'm somehow a failure. Well, you know what? I'm not a failure, and I sure as heck wouldn't be "friends" with anyone on here (or anywhere else) who tried to make me feel bad that my road to success isn't the same as someone else's. In fact, because I and many others here have struggled with our relationships to food, a poor attitude like yours could derail someone, not make them better.

Yeah, not every food item I put in my body is the healthiest choice I could've made that day. But if I'm nutritionally where I need to be and also losing weight, so what? You're not my doctor, you're not my mother, you're not me, and your bad attitude towards others should kept to yourself.

I'm proud of myself, and I'm proud of every single one of my MFP friends who logs their food. Every step forward is a good one. If you can't see that, then I'm so sorry for you. Maybe some pizza would cheer you up. :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put chicken mcnuggets on my pizza

Okay, that's a step too far. You need to reel it in a little.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    they didnt have to log that at all...... I think you should log what you eat....if they eat McD's and Pizza Hut... and still losing weight..then it's not up to us to preach..

Although, I would probably NOT want to see their labwork..... Cholesterol, Triglycerides.. if fast food is a habit for them....

I eat this stuff, I eat "junk food" several times a week and my lab work is fantastic. No longer pre-diabetic and my triglycerides went down from 400+ to 100-150.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Wow. You'd hate my friends list, we eat cake, pizza and OMG we also sometimes drink alcohol too!!! :devil:

P.S. I make my pizza from scratch, using flour, yeast and salt for the base, crushed tomatoes for the sauce and then whatever topping I choose (usually reduced fat mozzarella with chicken or tuna). Tell me what's bad about that?!