Is it rude to snub someone?

Options

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    What is the purpose of snubbing if not to be intentionally rude to someone?

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

OMFG... how old are you??? Straight up 9th grade behavior right there. An ADULT that still felt slighted by the friend/aquaintance would approach the person and state that they were still having issue with what was said and why. If still no resolution, and ADULT would simply continue their life as a normal human being, meaning, while they may not go out of their way to see or talk to the person, but would in fact still say 'hello' back if that person said 'hello' to them. Grow up for eff sakes and pitter patter away from the grown up forums.

See, now you're just making all kinds of sense.

I don't get how not caring about someone or something thing directly translates into "must be rude to them so they KNOW I don't care....
  • diespel
    diespel Posts: 700
    Options
    it is not rude if the person is the OP
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it's rude.
    Say hello, make small talk if it's awkward & keep it moving.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you are snubber or the snubee.
  • hookilau
    Options
    ignore them pretend they are shrubbery

snub shrub
    :laugh:
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

That's the point,i am trying to be hurtful towards her to show that I don't care about her

OMFG... how old are you??? Straight up 9th grade behavior right there. An ADULT that still felt slighted by the friend/aquaintance would approach the person and state that they were still having issue with what was said and why. If still no resolution, an ADULT would simply continue their life as a normal human being, meaning, while they may not go out of their way to see or talk to the person, would in fact still say 'hello' back if that person said 'hello' to them. Grow up for eff sakes and pitter patter away from the grown up forums.

Oh, she did and she, the OP, gave a big going-away party today and lots of people came by to wave her off. It was truly a fun party, but I had to leave early and when I returned to the shindig, it had poofed! :ohwell: I was some wicked sad, bc lots of people brought some fun send-off gifs and I was looking forward to a lot more belly-type laughs!
  • hookilau
    Options

umm...
    glozell-super-bored-o.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

What is wrong with you?
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options

OMFG... how old are you??? Straight up 9th grade behavior right there. An ADULT that still felt slighted by the friend/aquaintance would approach the person and state that they were still having issue with what was said and why. If still no resolution, an ADULT would simply continue their life as a normal human being, meaning, while they may not go out of their way to see or talk to the person, would in fact still say 'hello' back if that person said 'hello' to them. Grow up for eff sakes and pitter patter away from the grown up forums.

Oh, she did and she, the OP, gave a big going-away party today and lots of people came by to wave her off. It was truly a fun party, but I had to leave early and when I returned to the shindig, it had poofed! :ohwell: I was some wicked sad, bc lots of people brought some fun send-off gifs and I was looking forward to a lot more belly-type laughs!

Was that the ragequit "I'm leaving the chit chat fun and games forums" post from earlier? The one that stated the OP was going to seek mature answers from the alternate non-fitness sites? lol. That one had some good gifs... it seems to have disappeared. :grumble:
  • hookilau
    Options
    Guy-Running.gif

me, rushing to read the last 4 pages before the lock O.o
  • hookilau
    Options
    i would say ignoring anyone is rude, i never turn my nose up or ignore anyone, if they say hi say hi back and walk on by. be the bigger person

What he said^ I recently went through the OP 's scenario but I continue to acknowlege the individual even though I would like to throat punch them.

screw that, i cant even look at this person and I will not force myself to talk to her .I have had someone stopped talking to me at work for no reason before so I don't see why its a big deal

You really can't think of ONE reason, huh?

giphy-31.gif
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    OP hasn't been back in awhile... I sense we're being snubbed. lol.

2w3q0hx.gif

**edited to add gif... might as well make it fun. :bigsmile:
  • hookilau
    Options
    Iike what I said I have no interest in talking to her and its not in me to pretend to like someone if I cant stand them.I am not obligated to talk to her.I don't owe her anything. I contemplated to slush their tires but I decided no to so they are lucky that I decided to just snub them

480742_200x130.png?v=1404840507.66
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    You are young ( from the pics ) so you have a lot of living yet to do. My suggestion is to continue to be cordial. There are always two sides or three sides even to what happened between you.

So unless the person stole from you or directly assaulted you,in which case things are different, then try to be kind and forgiving.

I have misjudged people who ended up helping me out in huge ways and who can predict the future, aren't we all struggling?
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't say hi back just give them the "I don't like you smile".

fake_smile__5_.gif

THIS is the key to life. Even better just because its Ali from PLL :love: :heart:
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    just say hi and keep on walking
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else curious as to what had the OP so offended that she doesn't even want to say hello to this girl?

Come on OP, spill it.
  • minionmichjourney
    minionmichjourney Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    just say hi and keep on walking

Agree...