tumblr_mx3bqcTlYi1sq5rugo1_400.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    putin-rolling-gif-gif
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    My least favorite people are the ones bashing people for why they want to lose weight. Who cares why? Maybe I want to be a super model, maybe I want to be a stick for halloween. who frickin cares?! just want to talk about losing weight not why you reason is so much better than mine haha

It's not a matter of who's got a better reason. Are you saying the community should support someone asking how to lose more weight when they are underweight or possibly disordered? Or to stop someone from making a spur of the moment decision that could effect their health?

You should care about the reasoning because yes, it matters.

ETA : context is everything

great point! I absolutely did not mean for people who are underweight. We all know that we should be within a healthy weight range for health reasons, but most of us have another kicker, wether it be a wedding dress or starting a family. Mine is because my knees and ankles hurt so bad because I'm overweight. I don't need people bashy my reason why I just want help and support getting healthy. that's why i came to this sute

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but really? Someone bashed you for your reason? That's crazy and shouldn't have happened...what thread was this in?

i don't care that my reason is whatever, but several people where mocking a group of women that want to get out of the obese range prior to getting pregnant. and that made me so mad!

:/ oh well that's definitely not right. It is most definitely a good enough reason to lose weight for that purpose. I don't mind the initial reasoning behind wanting to lose weight, so as long as the goal is healthy and not unreasonable. We all start off somewhere and sometimes it takes something in us to trigger that first spark of desire to move forward. My initial reasoning for losing weight was to get back to the size I was in high school. By taking those first steps and meeting some amazing people on MFP along the way, it inspired me to no longer focus on that and see something more. Health, fitness, to aspire to get stronger. We all have different "aha!" Moments.

I just hate seeing someone wanting to lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks to go on a cruise kind of scenario. It's like.... why didn't we start this 4 months ago? What good could come out of starving themselves to look good in a bikini? Just the impulse immediate gratification things get me.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    1b8ae3cddbdc36fcbba364aadf35b47a.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    cat-destroying-roll-of-toilet-paper.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    large.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    h7545EBA9
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    david-tennant-finger-twirl-o.gif
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    zqXA1WZ.gif
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    I do not need any MEAN help to lose weight. It is not appreciated and therefore stop saying you are helping us, you are NOT!
    Psst. Let me tell you a secret:

There is a drop-down menu under everyone's names that has this nifty "ignore user" feature. A little less stress = more weight loss. Win/win!
    This entire post is a remarkable tool for clearing the stressful off MFP for me. It is win/win.:laugh:
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^^^this
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    Cat-Rolls-In-A-Ball.gif

One more rollin' kitty...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Just bumping the roll. Nothing to see here.