1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nice numbers!

3rd and 4th attempts at meets are often very ugly form. You saw my record setting deadlift lift. Horrible knee cave, but all that counts is no hitch and I locked it out.
    thanks- they are getting there.

but yeah- form is not the thing at that point- it's just make it legal and get it up.
    My school gym will never empty since fall semester is on.

well it's not packed 100% of the time- so when it's just "less full"
    later Friday night- or Saturday/Sunday afternoon is usually a good time to do such things.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i'll just list my best ever as its been quite a while due to injury

bench: 225

squat: 275 (not 1RM but i'm pretty sure thats the most i've had on)

Dead: ?

total: 500

I could probably but a decent amount more on squat. i've never really trained super heavy with those. i'd really like to be able to bench 300... seems like a very long ways for me
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Nice numbers!

3rd and 4th attempts at meets are often very ugly form. You saw my record setting deadlift lift. Horrible knee cave, but all that counts is no hitch and I locked it out.

but yeah- form is not the thing at that point- it's just make it legal and get it up.

later Friday night- or Saturday/Sunday afternoon is usually a good time to do such things.

My school gym is very small. Only one squat rack, one flat bench, smith machine i never use, dumbbells up to 75. 3 45 bars, and two curls bars. Lets just say if this other black guy is there doing legs today too all of the 45s will be occupied by only two of us.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    aside from bench, the only other lift that i care about the number for is OHP. not sure why.

I was doing 135 and probably could have put 2.5s on lol
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Nice numbers!

My school gym is very small. Only one squat rack, one flat bench, smith machine i never use, dumbbells up to 75. 3 45 bars, and two curls bars. Lets just say if this other black guy is there doing legs today too all of the 45s will be occupied by only two of us.

sounds like you need a new gym LOL
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Nice numbers!

sounds like you need a new gym LOL

Yeah gym is for the weak. Literally. I do you that abductor thigh machine though. There is only 3 bikes 2 treadmills 4 elliptical and one rowers that they just go last semester.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    PR's are 1100. I did 1035 this week. Meet PR is 980.

370 squat
    250 bench
    380 DL
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    650 at 123 at my last meet in June: 231, 110, 309
    650 at 121 at the previous: 231, 121, 298
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    731.5 at 180lbs, 253 squat, 115.5 bench, 363 deadlift, three weeks ago
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    does the mile-high club count??
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    does the mile-high club count??

only if you've done it 1000 times
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1003.1 at a meet on August 16th. I am most proud of the .1. My gym lifts do not matter because gym lifts do not count. :laugh:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i wish I do slow negs and slow movement. But the most I done is probably 275lbs bench for 2 and 265lbs squats half assed. I cannot deadlift to save my life. Kills my back no matter how I do it. (previous fall)
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Im in this here club too.....
    525 squat
    365 bench
    545 deadlift.....

1435 total
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Last meet:

Squat - 485
    Bench - 405
    Deadlift - 525

= 1415 total
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    535 but don't know my 1RM in squat and bench so it is really higher than that. I am 130 and been lifting for 10 months but didn't start training heavy until 7 months ago

Dead: 235 x 1(I did this today after doing 4 x 5 at 225) but this is rapidly ascending so it will probably be higher next week
    Squat 215 x 5 (can probably squat higher for 1 rep)
    Bench 85 x 6 (ditto)

I am not a powerlifter so no compettions
  • JoRocka
    Options

I would just like to take a moment to say Holy ****.

I am so frustrated with my daughter and squat.. And I know what 305 is so I am dually impressed with your 363 and 253. Seriously.Killing it.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I would just like to take a moment to say Holy ****.

I am so frustrated with my daughter and squat.. And I know what 305 is so I am dually impressed with your 363 and 253. Seriously.Killing it.

Well, thank you! There is at least another 11-22 pounds in my squat, and 22-44 in my deadlift - the 363 came up so fast and smooth it caught everyone off guard. Had to hold lockout for almost as long as lift itself took. I'll find out on Sunday exactly how much more there is.

Bench is beyond my weak point. But I'm beyond lucky in who I get to work with once a week on it, and I KNOW I'll be able to bring it up to a respectable number.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Nevermind
    ATG_zpseca215f6.jpg
    ATG3_zpsdf2bac00.jpg
    ATG2_zps9c74248b.jpg

That how low I can go.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Nevermind
    ATG_zpseca215f6.jpg
    ATG3_zpsdf2bac00.jpg
    ATG2_zps9c74248b.jpg

That how low I can go.

Straighten your back and get off your toes and that's how low you can go.