Replies

• cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i know what i'm having for lunch now, thanks op :smokin:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    I don't do this stuff, my manager teaches me to do this stuff. I haven't been in a situation to change the labels and haven't dropped bread yet.
    Let me ask you, would you bother to serve it to your relatives and/or family? If not, then WHY AREN'T YOU REPORTING IT?!!!!

If you're serving it KNOWING full well this is going on, you're just as RESPONSIBLE for causing the issue. Don't get how you don't understand this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shamrock432
    Options
    I don't do this stuff, my manager teaches me to do this stuff. I haven't been in a situation to change the labels and haven't dropped bread yet.
    Let me ask you, would you bother to serve it to your relatives and/or family? If not, then WHY AREN'T YOU REPORTING IT?!!!!

If you're serving it KNOWING full well this is going on, you're just as RESPONSIBLE for causing the issue. Don't get how you don't understand this.

IDEA Fitness member

Id rather keep my job, thank you.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You do realize, that if someone else reports it, since you're also a responsible party, you won't be keeping this job, right? And I'm pretty sure it would look pretty bad on your job history report that you were fired for violating health code laws.

Just saying.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant tries not to think about this stuff when they eat out. All restaurant kitchens are gross.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    it is definitely filled with just as many chemicals.

As long as there's no dihydrogen monoxide. Did you know that stuff is the major component in EVERY tumor found in human bodies?!?
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    OP: Where do you live?
    I'd like reassurance that I never have to eat a sandwich personally made by you...

Also, if you relocate to Wendy's (or another fast food chain I enjoy), can you PM me?
    Thanks.

^^ Can you please add me to this email chain? I'm sure it's a long one..
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    MMMM, Subway, oh how I love thee.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I really want a steak and cheese sub right now.... Gotta work that in to my dairy now.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    By these rules, my husband probably shouldn't eat any of the food I cook either....:tongue:

That is awesome.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Wow.

I'd rather work some place where the boss has a bit of sense and integrity. As someone else pointed out by keeping quiet you're basically an accomplice to what is going on and if people get sick they will be able to trace it back to your particular store and shut you down for health code violations which also means you'll lose your job. And it will most likely go on your job history report. Not only that but any place you apply can find out where you last worked, see it was shut down and the reasons behind it and not hire you because of that.

I'd rather risk losing my job by speaking up than being an accomplice to something that I know to be wrong.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    good thing I hate subway and only eat Publix subs because I'm a publix snob lmao
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    Sounds like OP got fired from Subway for putting back bread that fell on the floor and changing the dates on the expired meat.

OP: if they really did things like that and people got sick that particular franchise would get shut down in a heart beat.

(although my mom used to work at Woolworths as a kid and said that they would just rinse the slime off the old hotdogs and resell them :sick: )

But obviously you would since your manager teaches you to do that. You know, instead of stepping up and pointing out how wrong what s/he is doing and how many people could get very sick due to these practices.

But hey if keeping your job is that important to you then keep mum until you get shut down by the health department. Good luck finding another job in the food industry then.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have tortillas in my fridge that passed the expiration date over a month ago. They aren't moldy, they aren't stale, and I definitely plan on eating them.

I'm sure not every subway in the world drops bread and reuses it. It was probably just 1 bad store, and to be fair, I eat food I've dropped on my own kitchen floor all the time and I'm just fine.

As far as chemicals go, unless you are slaughtering your own meat, milking your own cows, getting eggs from your own chickens, and growing your own vegetables, you probably ingest a lot more chemicals than you think you do. Also, technically speaking oxygen is a chemical, it's chemical formula is O2.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    Anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant tries not to think about this stuff when they eat out. All restaurant kitchens are gross.

Yeah but I think everyone knows this.

This is also why I won't personally send food back if it's not done right. I'd rather show it to the waiter and have them see that it's not the way it's supposed to be cooked and send it back based on what they saw.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    who cares. It's subway. It's an easy fix for someone with little money, or someone who just wants a huge sammich for 5 bucks and is on the run.

I wouldn't recommend making it a part of your life. And, it's a better choice than McDonald's (but I'd rather have Popeye's chicken myself.)
  • ValGogo
    Options

Yeah but I think everyone knows this.

This is also why I won't personally send food back if it's not done right. I'd rather show it to the waiter and have them see that it's not the way it's supposed to be cooked and send it back based on what they saw.

YUP! I would rather have ugly food than food with a loogey in it. And about restaurants, yeah, it's not often I eat at them for that reason alone. But I'm not a heathen either. Sometimes you have to eat out.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    I'm sure not every subway in the world drops bread and reuses it. It was probably just 1 bad store, and to be fair, I eat food I've dropped on my own kitchen floor all the time and I'm just fine.

So what you're saying is because you drop food on your own kitchen floor -- a floor which you know how clean or dirty it is -- you'd be perfectly fine if you saw the person behind the counter at subway drop your bread on the floor, pick it up, dust it off and then make your sandwich with it? You don't know what the floor behind the counter looks like.

To take it a step further do you also prepare your meals while you're sick? Would you be ok if you went to a restaurant and the server or the person making your sandwich at Subway was sniffing, wiping their nose on their shirt, coughing and sneezing all over the place "because you do that at home"?

What you do at home vs. what an establishment serving food to the general public does is completely different.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I have tortillas in my fridge that passed the expiration date over a month ago. They aren't moldy, they aren't stale, and I definitely plan on eating them.

HAHA, a girl after my own heart. :flowerforyou:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OP got fired from Subway for putting back bread that fell on the floor and changing the dates on the expired meat.

OP: if they really did things like that and people got sick that particular franchise would get shut down in a heart beat.

(although my mom used to work at Woolworths as a kid and said that they would just rinse the slime off the old hotdogs and resell them :sick: )
    And was she fired?
    I think it's been shown in this thread that what the OP describes, actually happens in some fast food restaurants. Not that it's a surprise.

Right.

"Some" not all.

And again if there is an outbreak of illness then it will be investigated and that restaurant will more than likely be shut down.
    Yes. If there weren't regulations it would happen much more, and if it leads to an illness that particular restaurant is hosed.

It's all very Upton Sinclair.