Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    It is never too late to join this group. Fill out the starting form. And the only rule we have is weigh in every week no matter what. We weigh in Saturdays. If you can't make it, be here Friday to post your weight. If you miss a week of weigh in, we will delete your name. So be here :)
  • Mom2TALK
    Options
    I am SO in... :)

Tiffany

Screen Name: Mom2TALK
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 235 pounds
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 185
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I am tired of being tired all of the time, and I want to be healthier for myself and for my family! (Not to mention that I have a challenge with my mom! The first one to fit into my prom dress... wins it!)
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am following a controlled-carbohydrate diet and my exercise regimen is walking and pilates!
  • errantbehavior
    errantbehavior Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on board!

Kelly
    Screen Name: errantbehavior
    Starting weight: 250 lbs
    July Goal Weight: 200!
    Final Goal weight: 150 lbs

Why do I want to lose 50+ lbs? To be able to physically run and climb and do the things I could when I was a little younger, to improve my health in general, and to look GREAT :)

My main goal is to stick to counting my calories and not slack off like I do every other time. Every time i start doing this, I stop counting and then don't lose weight (imagine that!??). As long as I stick with it, I'll be OK. I'm going to set mini goals- to track for a whole week straight. Then 3 weeks, then a whole month straight, then 3 months, etc.

I have a membership to a gym.. I need to start going in the mornings!

We can do it!
  • edolphs71
    edolphs71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am tired of being overweight. I am tired of the 200's!

Screen Name: Edolphs71
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 233
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 180
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: To have a baby and look good!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Tracking & doing WW and I am doing the Dance games on the Wii
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    'rubbing hands evilly' while snickering. Cant 'weight' for Saturday!
  • shawana4
    Options
    do the ones that are weight in today do we do that at the end of the day or this morning? And do we just jump back on this thread and put our weight loss for the week?
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am checking in today because I will be on the road driving tomorrow. My weight this morning is 197.5, which I am very happy with, but I still have a few lbs to go to get back to my pre-holiday weight. I have exercised every day, but have not done the best with what I am eating. Wishing everyone the best of luck, and I hope you have a phenomenal week!
    Diana
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Checking in today because I am super busy tomorrow- now weighing in at 237.5! Thats 8.5 pounds! WOOHOOO!
  • lorijohnson1999
    Options
    Hi I would like to do this also. My name is Lori
    1/1/11 weight 272
    The reason I want to do this is to feel better about myself.
    I am planning on eating 1800 calories a day and do the 30 day shred 5 times a week and walking the other two days.
    I am looking to lose all together about 92 pounds.
  • gapeach22
    gapeach22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: gapeach22
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 183
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 135
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be Healthy and fit, I would love to wear a size 7 again
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I exercise 3 days a week and I'm on a 1200 calorie diet
    I lost 4 pounds so far cw 179:smile:

3351897.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this too please
    screen name: EmmaR84
    SW: 188 4th January 2010
    GW: 126 1st July 2010
    exercise plan: Running around after 2 toddlers, 3x 90 minute sessions at the gym per week , use the rowing machine at home if I can't get to the gym
    Biggest motivation: I want to look good when I go on holiday on 5th July
  • shawana4
    Options
    I"m checking in cause i have a crazy day today i'm leaving early from work and i got alot of things to do this weekend. So today i weigh in and i'm 221 i lost 2lbs whcih i met my weekly goal of loseing 2lb a week.
  • kknudson
    kknudson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: kknudson
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 238
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 188
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: An ongoing to plan to be healthy, happy and totally frickin hot.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Develop a workable, calorie safe eating strategy. Get back to running 3-5 times/week. Eventually, add back in the things I love to do as time/$ becomes available (dance, yoga, horseback riding (hunters, dressage))
  • deearra
    Options
    I love a challenge. I'd like to put my competitive side to work on this if there is someone out there who would like to go head to head with me.

I did this once with a friend, same height and weight loss need (she was 20 years younger so I had to exercise more) The deal was that we had to lose 30 pounds in 4 months. On the final day, we would weigh in. If the goal was achieved you were safe. Otherwise, we subtracted the lower weight loss from the higher and paid the 30 lb loser $100 per pound of difference. For example, if I lost 30 lbs (you could lose more but that was the limit for the "punishment" fee) and she lost 26 lbs, she would have to pay me $400 (30-26=4). Of course the worse case scenario was if one of us lost 30 lbs and the other lost nothing or even gained, in which case the punishment fee could be as much as $3000! Neither of us had any intention of paying the other that kind of money. The motivation to lose was huge. We watched each other like hawks, weighing in weekly. Who would want to pay a thin person $3000 and still be fat??? Neither of us. We both lost more than 30 pounds.

Now that was some years ago and I'm fat again. I'd do a 50 lb bet with someone but you'd have to be real serious about the pay off. I'm not trying to make money on the deal, only lose weight. I''m 5'10' tall, would really like to lose 70 lbs total and I'm 62. If anyone out there is in a similar sitch and thinks this might work for them, lets talk about it. I tell you, I was so afraid of losing money and not weight, that I was ubar diligent.

Let me know.
    Deearra
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Let's have a last chance workout tonight. Challenge yourself to burn 500 calories by midnight. You can do it all at once. Or break it up and do 250 calorie one hour, take a break come back and do the rest. However you want to do it. Let me know if you finished your challenge. Then reward yourself with something nice, but not with food. To lose 50 lbs by July 1st thats an average of 2 lbs a week until July 1st. Ask yourself do you think your on track for that? Everyone whatever you set your mind to that's what you will recieve. Im hitting the gym right after work. Ill be back to post tonight that I finished my 500 calories burned. Hope you all do too. :)
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    SW:179
    CW:176
    GW:120
    Lost 3 pounds
  • lorriebell
    Options
    I would like join if it not not late.
    My screen name is lorriebell
    My weight is 299.3
    I would love to lose 50 by July 1

Thanks
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    Checking in today because I am super busy tomorrow- now weighing in at 237.5! Thats 8.5 pounds! WOOHOOO!

Whoooohooo is right!!! Congrats!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    My usual weigh in is friday I weighed in this morning and couldnt believe that I am 3.8lbs down

weigh in 208 YEAH..........
  • baileyj33
    Options
    I would love to be part of this challenge thank you for doing this.

Screen Name: Baileyj33

SW (On January 1st 2011): 290.5 lbs
    GW July 1st, 2011: 238lbs

I want to lose 50lbs because I have been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation (heart condition) 5 years ago at the age of 30 year old. I need to do this for myself, as well as for my two kids ( 8 year old boy and 11 years old daughter) and for my wonderful husband who supports me. I need to be here for them in there future and I know I can do this with support and by being part of challenges just like this one. There is a whole futur ahead of me and this is were it begins.

My eating and execise plans to lose 50 lbs is to exercise at least 5 times a week for at least 20 minutes. I will think of my choices of foods before I actually eat them.

COUNT ME IN!!!