Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• rockrat
    Options
    ok,count me in too

i dont normally join such groups but i need the motivation.
    am i right in thinking 50 pounds is 3.5 stone (UK)?

screen name rockrat
    weight jan 1st - 195lbs
  • kdjess08
    Options
    Screen Name: kdjes08
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): Had a baby 10.23 was at 229; currently at 197 (5 4)
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 155
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be healthy for my kids
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Not quite sure yet...
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I have come up with an idea. The 1st week of weight loss is a cake walk. The 2nd week most people have a tougher time. What if we go ahead and start preparing for that second week, next saturdays weigh in? My challenge, which you can choose to accept if you want, if you do not want to do it you dont have to or if for medical reasons you can't do it, I understand no matter what. But I will put myself on a challenge from Saturday 1/8/11 to Friday 1/14/11 to burn 3,500 calories total for the week! By burning 3,500 calories and staying within your calorie limit, drinking your recommended daily water, you are almost guaranteeing yourself to lose a pound of fat next week. Any burn counts. If you go to the store and you are walking and shopping for an hour look up how much that is on MFP and write down on a peice of paper to keep track. Even though you can burn calories by sleeping, that doesnt count. You have to physically be moving your body for your calories burn to count. You can do 500 calories burned, 7 days this week. Or you can do 700 calories for 5 days and skip two days. The choice is completely yours. You can even do the 700 calories broken up to 350 a.m workout and 350 pm workout. So whos in on the challenge?
  • kellis2010
    Options
    Let's have a last chance workout tonight. Challenge yourself to burn 500 calories by midnight. You can do it all at once. Or break it up and do 250 calorie one hour, take a break come back and do the rest. However you want to do it. Let me know if you finished your challenge. Then reward yourself with something nice, but not with food. To lose 50 lbs by July 1st thats an average of 2 lbs a week until July 1st. Ask yourself do you think your on track for that? Everyone whatever you set your mind to that's what you will recieve. Im hitting the gym right after work. Ill be back to post tonight that I finished my 500 calories burned. Hope you all do too. :)

That is such an awesome idea! I wish I had read this earlier today! Are we going to do this every week?
    3536004.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Let's have a last chance workout tonight. Challenge yourself to burn 500 calories by midnight. You can do it all at once. Or break it up and do 250 calorie one hour, take a break come back and do the rest. However you want to do it. Let me know if you finished your challenge. Then reward yourself with something nice, but not with food. To lose 50 lbs by July 1st thats an average of 2 lbs a week until July 1st. Ask yourself do you think your on track for that? Everyone whatever you set your mind to that's what you will recieve. Im hitting the gym right after work. Ill be back to post tonight that I finished my 500 calories burned. Hope you all do too. :)

That is such an awesome idea! I wish I had read this earlier today! Are we going to do this every week?
    3536004.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

YES, I def will if you all want. It was a spur of the moment idea. From now on I will make the mini challenge every Friday. I made a challenge of 3,500 burned calories starting Tomorrow and ending next Friday. I completed my 500 calorie burn tonight at the gym. And I just really enjoy these mini challenges because with losing 50 lbs if we start and push hard now, I think we will all reach the ultimate goal of losing the 50 lbs prior to July.
  • KLJ456
    KLJ456 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will definitely try the 3500 challenge. It may be a little tough since my workout time is limited to about 1/2 a day but will do my best and squeeze in more!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    ready and willing!.... and done!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I will definitely try the 3500 challenge. It may be a little tough since my workout time is limited to about 1/2 a day but will do my best and squeeze in more!

Im always squeezed for time too, I found tonight that by being on the treadmill, with the incline at 20 and the speed at 3.0 I was buring about 15 calories a minute. It felt like a quick walk up a hill. The faster I saw the calories adding up the more I walked. I was super motivated. And I burned the 400 cals in 35 mins. The elliptical was 100 cals in 20 mins. Find what works for you. As I mentioned a walk in the store, while your shopping counts. Dont focus on the gym time only. Waking up earlier in the morning is another idea.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'd like in!

HW: 256 - June 2010
    SW (w/MFP): 238
    CW: 237
    <Mini-goals: Losing every 10 lbs.>
    GW: 185 lbs.
  • kellis2010
    Options
    I love the 3500 calorie burn challenge! It will help me through thechallenges of traveling next week. I have to travel for work Wed through Friday, but the hotel has a fitness center and I plan on packing a resistance band!
    This group will definitely give me the push I need to stay on track. I can't wait to see everyone's weigh ins tomorrow.

HW: 220 May 2009
    SW with MFP: 165 (1/1/11)
    CW: 158
    GW: 115
    Karen

3536004.png
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than YOU." -Dr. Seuss
    Be yourself and be amazing
  • kellis2010
    Options
    sorry - i do not know why my ticker is posting twice!:blushing:
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Didn't see your message, but I did get my 500+ cal burn today...did zumba class then ran 20min and walked 15 on the treadmill :)
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Also one more thing. For anyone that is still kinda having a hard time believing that they can do this. I recommend you to go to www.redbookmag.com/bodytool and upload a photo of yourself (in order for it to work you must have a full body photo and just you in the photo, if other people are in the photo it will not know who to take the weight off of, if its just your face, it wll take too much off), no one sees this its just for you. Set your current weight and height, then scroll the bar down to how much you want to lose. Then print the pic. It will give you motivation and show you what you will look like at that weight. I have a pic I did and scrolled it to 145 pounds and I carry it in my food journal. And trust me when I say when you see a thin version of you in a picture, it will be the biggest motivation. Then you will believe in yourself that you can do this.
  • hmfishy
    hmfishy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: hmfishy
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 240 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 190 lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to feel good about myself, to be a better role model for my kids, to prove I can do it
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: reduce calories, work out 3 times a week minimum. To log in every day and track my calories, as well as weekly weigh-in to track my progress.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    I have come up with an idea. The 1st week of weight loss is a cake walk. The 2nd week most people have a tougher time. What if we go ahead and start preparing for that second week, next saturdays weigh in? My challenge, which you can choose to accept if you want, if you do not want to do it you dont have to or if for medical reasons you can't do it, I understand no matter what. But I will put myself on a challenge from Saturday 1/8/11 to Friday 1/14/11 to burn 3,500 calories total for the week! By burning 3,500 calories and staying within your calorie limit, drinking your recommended daily water, you are almost guaranteeing yourself to lose a pound of fat next week. Any burn counts. If you go to the store and you are walking and shopping for an hour look up how much that is on MFP and write down on a peice of paper to keep track. Even though you can burn calories by sleeping, that doesnt count. You have to physically be moving your body for your calories burn to count. You can do 500 calories burned, 7 days this week. Or you can do 700 calories for 5 days and skip two days. The choice is completely yours. You can even do the 700 calories broken up to 350 a.m workout and 350 pm workout. So whos in on the challenge?

I am totally up to it!!!! What a fantastic idea to help motivate everyone to get up and moving and to get the weight off! I love this group - so motivating!
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Disappointing weigh in but TOTM and know I'm holding lots of water. Still really gutted.

Screen Name: 2Young4This
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 157.8
    8th Jan 2011: 157.2
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 110
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    Weighed in this morning on a home scale a loose of 2 and a half pounds :smile: not bad for what I've been doing!!!!! Love it at least I'm on track to loose 2 pounds a week minimum foe this challenge it's getting stepped up this week for next weeks weigh in!

Thanx :flowerforyou:

P.s Tom came again! Holding water weight so hopefully il see a huge lose next week to make up for the water weight this week
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    louloubell72
    starting weight: 210
    8th Jan weight: 209

A lbs a lb :)

Not sure why my ticker not changed :ohwell:
    Sorry, i will post again as i like to see the number go down :wink:
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lost a pound please ticker!

it says no :grumble:

ha ha! worked it out :laugh:
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    5 pounds for me :) - 1st week so I know its water weight but it's spuring me on to keep it up :)

Screen Name: sarahlasvegas
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 229
    8th Jan 2011: 224
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 179